It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dartford Cemetery Debunked Discovery's "A Haunting"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
i just really wanna go, im from cincinnati ohio and i just seen it on tv today..

i dont believe everything that they said but i would really like to see everything and find it out for myself and to see if it is what they say it is..

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Isn't it strange that despite the fact that a cemetery is Holy Ground,, it would not be peaceful... cemeteries are Blessed.... How could such a place be Evil or Haunted... Even if someone Evil is buried there, or with a disturbing past... The ground is still Holy,, wouldn't that Blessing hold whatever evil firmly....? Hmmm,, I always have to question why a cemetery would be haunted for these reasons... I tend to believe that Cemeteries are not Haunted but carry alot of Lore because they are a place where the dead rest....At Peace.... If they are not at Peace, then I would assume they would prefer to Haunt where they died or didn't find peace in their living world... Ask yourself, Would you roam the cemetery where you are buried,,,? Or would you Haunt - Friends, Family, your Home or even the place you died? Just some thought to ponder....

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Mundane phenomena are indeed sometimes more interesting than the supposed legends, but on the other hand, finding something so contraversial it get buried is also intriguing. I speak of the ghost called "The Italian Bride" that haunts Mt. Carmel Cemetery in west Chicago, famous for its many reputed hauntings. One thing that struck me as I read about this apparition was the contrast between period and modern photographs of the grounds. Apparently tombstones around her grave were later removed at a considerable distance such that it is a stand alone memorial. I learned that while the Italians regarded evidence of her hauntings and her apparently uncorrupted body (disinterred after years of insistence by the woman's mother that she had been buried alive) as proof of saintliness, the neighboring Hungarians and Poles who had plots around her did not. To them all the phenomena associated with this apparition, especially considering the woman died in childbirth, all pointed to one thing: a vampire; specifically what is called a wardulak. Bringing this up is not a particularly wise thing, as there is some tourism generated by the romance of the public legend. Even dismissing this as the materialist skeptic would is nowhere near as contraversial as bringing up the alternative point of view which is no less supernatural. I myself am inclided toward it because of the evidence. The wardulak seeks that which reminds it of what it lost or unrequitedly desired in life. Hence, the woman in white who beckons to children in Mt. Carmel. But bringing this up upsets the perception of this ghost as a pious and saintly woman.

reply to post by hiii_98

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

My Name is heather im from upstate New York and i was wondering about the cemetary cause i seen a show today about that cemetary i would really like to go sometime i was just wondering if you really do get pushed off of that tombstone thats wicked it really is anyway if you here anymore about that place **personal information removed** thankyou very much later

[edit on 26-8-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
As a paranormal investigator in a group here in West Central Wisconsin, I still have a problem with people who go out for one night or a few hours and then make claims as to the validity or the erroneous nature of claims. While I will agree that the story on "A Haunting" was obviously over the top for the purposes of theatre, the story was, supposedly, based on the accounts of eye witnesses who by their own admission were not believers but thrill seekers out for a fix.
I could accept the television explanation for sounds heard although I must admit I don't think that even I could mistake wheel of fortune for the moans of a restless spirit in a cemetery on a cold night and I freely admit to having a slight hearing defecit due to several years in the field artillery. While you can explain away the fleeting shadows, the small stones and other pitfalls causing an already heightened fear response to think that something grabbed them. But I believe that an investigation that encompassed video, film, audio recordings and the whole gambit over a course of a couple of days beginning at around 12 a.m. and continuing until about 6 a.m. would yield anything of a paranormal nature. I would however not suggest stopping off at a local pub for a shot or two before going out on the investigation. That just smacks of unprofessionalism and calls into question not only any data or evidence you might collect but your abilities as an investigator. Imagine that you captured something truly spectacular only to have it ripped away from you because a bartender saw you and your crew in a local bar an hour or so before you said you were at the cemetery. See the rub?
My team and I plan on going to Dartford and conducting an investigation of the site including a laser grid system to identify any moving objects unseen to the naked eye. Over the course of two or three days, we will conduct research to collect data and evidence and then present our findings to the public and let them decide whether or not the site is experiencing paranormal phenomena or just another urban legend that exists only in folklore.
I do applaude your going out there but I just don't think that a few hours one night really can identify or solve anything. If that were the case, scientists should have found cures for most of the ills that afflict us. If you would be interested in coming out with us and observing, we would be glad to have you. Always a good thing to have knowledge of the site you will be visiting and you have that information. Thanks very much and perhaps we will speak again in the near future. Take care.

-ZeitGeist

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
i am ten years old and i watch the show every day i just cant get enough of it all it is what i watch as soon as i get home and when i grow up im going there with my older sister sydney ring and her friend jodie renolds and i belive in this stuff im not gonna sit here and think about it im going no matter what sincerely paige viscuso

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor

Originally posted by hiii_98

Noises and conversations were also purported. This one too was easily dismissed. The SMALL graveyard is surrounded by houses, and one of hte homes had a television on which we could clearly hear in the graveyard itself.

[edit on 19-11-2007 by hiii_98]

Presumably, in November, the windows would be closed on the house but you were still able to hear the TV?

I find that hard to believe.

I still want to hear a response to this

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I believe that it is real. Me and some of my friends went there and my friend got pushed off. When your in there you will always feel like your being watched. When we walked passed the mosuleum i could hear rocks crumbling inside it. Then we went across the road and saw the silouet of a girl with her hands folded like she was praying at a gravestone.
The whole time that we were there we took pictures of where we heard things. When we got back there were weird things in the pictures like a glowing rope comming down from the sky with a noose at the bottom. I dont know how to explain that. Also, there is a picture with a, wat seems to be a soldier leaning on a grave looking at us. The pictures are also filled with orbs when there was no moon visible. If you go there i suggest to take pictures in random places you hear noises and see if anything turns out. Post back because i wana know.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
If you have photos, post them somewhere we can view them. Yes, a grave yard is the perfect place to see orbs and apparitions in photos...

I live in a 108 year old home in the midwest, and I just got rid of several "sprits" hanging around my home for the past 10 years in a modern day seance 6 months ago. I didn't see, hear, or feel them...I smelled them. One was chain-smoker and I would smell cigarette smoke...another smoked a pipe becasue I smelled cherrywood...and the other smelled like mothballs. I'm a nonsmoker and it would bug me, so I'd yell at the smokers to go away...the mothball was only smelled one time. My cat was the one who saw things...her eyes would stare at nothing and her head would move on occasion as if she was following something. These weren't hauntings...these were previous occupants of my home. After the metaphysical consultant sent these spirits "into the light", she told me that I really need to smudge my home with white sage...I smudged it a few days later. I forgot about the sumudging until 09/01/08 when I witnessed my cat being petted by a source other than me. She was a bit frightened, but intrigued...she looked up, around, and then sat down and stared at something to her right. I couldn't see it, feel it, hear it, or smell it, but I knew something was there and immediately told it to leave the cat alone, and it did...right after the incident, my cat showed signs of contentment when she fell asleep next to me. The next day, I smudged my home again with white sage and all has been good since that time. Additionally, I saw an apparition of a Native American Indian Chief in my in bedroom when I moved into the house 10 years ago...I forgot about it until the metaphysical consultant mentioned it...she saw him in full headdress...ironically, so did I the first time I saw him. The next month, I bought a drawing of an Indian Chief in full headress and placed in my bedroom in order to be respectful and to honor the Chief.

I'm an "A Haunting" addict...and I've watched several of the stories a couple of times...and yes, I too believe some of those stories are embellished a bit for good tv viewing. I don't belive all of the demonic possessions in the manner they're portrayed. Evil spirits will make you become depressed, and they will play tricks on you, like turning the dining room chairs upsidedown on the table...they don't necessarily make you do evil things. If you don't give these evil spirits your energy, they can't bother you, nor can they harm, hurt, or kill you, however, some evil spirits will just drive a person nuts because they can't do anything else...and that's when it may be time to move out of the house. I've lived with beings not of the this planet for 10 years and never experienced any negativity...of course I was probably a host and they were feeding off of my energy to carry forward, however, no hauntings here...just previous occupants who weren't ready to leave my house.

Old homes (especially those over 100 years or more) have a greater risk for carrying paranormal activity because people 100 years ago or more took pride in thier homes...the home was all they had to be proud of...they stayed in their homes untul they passed away. People 100 years ago or more became severly attached to 'things' since ownership of anything, regardless of a home or a simple chest of drawers, was a sign of significance. Modern day people in our time are more attached to people than they are things, however, something that is sentimental, such as a wedding ring, may be easy for people to become attached to while alive, which may carry over after death...in most cases, people who have passed will be less likely to hang around thier home than people 100 years ago or so. Actor and comedian Redd Foxx who passed away in the mid 90's has been thought to hang around his home...people have expereinced the paranormal and related it to him...he was raised in the early 1900's.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is what I think. As a Christian, I believe in God as well as the devil. I believe that the devil and his angels that fell from heaven with him, are responsible for "tricking" people into thinking it is lost spirits, etc. This is told to us in the King James version of the Bible in the old testament--Genesis through Dueteronomy. I do believe, however, that the devil and his associates can hang out anywhere. Who knows, they probably move around alot! But know this, if you go seeking the devil--the devil WILL COME seeking you! So seek Jesus--and know that if you believe in God than you also have to believe in the devil!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
In the Dartford Cemetery, has anyone left a tobacco offering to the Indian Chief? Or left toys for the children [a doll, truck, etc] to show that their intentions are good, not bad? U might get a better reaction that way!!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I just want to add my interpretation after watching this TV Episode today @ 2PM CST. I would bet that 97% of the people who are skeptics and have been there are religious, believe in an almighty creator etc., and believe there's a logical explanation for the phenomenon that goes on there. I have to ask those people, specifically the truely religious, why are you so quick to rule out the afterlife? You believe in a spiritual afterlife in heaven where you are reunited with loved ones who have also passed on and are united with God himself. I want to know how many of you have seen "God?" You can't answer that question. You're so ready to believe in something that no one has ever seen and yet you say you don't believe in ghosts. I, personally, cannot say whether or not there are ghosts or a god. How can you believe in something you've never seen or felt? People say they feel God answer their prayers but in all reality how? What you are probably feeling is the love of your family. I just want to know how can people who believe in God or a god not believe in spirits or ghosts?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
From what im reading about this case it appears that most of the haunting experiences are being experienced by younger people. Perhaps that since the tomb where people are getting pushed off of is for young children that the children only feel like "coming out to play" with other people who are younger.

PS: Also, I would also like to hear the response about the TV being heard from a house in November in Wisconsin. It

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
From what im reading about this case it appears that most of the haunting experiences are being experienced by younger people. Perhaps that since the tomb where people are getting pushed off of is for young children that the children only feel like "coming out to play" with other people who are younger.

PS: Also, I would also like to hear the response about the TV being heard from a house in November in Wisconsin. It

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Hi,I am happy you brought into the light that Discovery Channel can over dramatize there shows. I will still catch A Haunting when ever I can on Discovery I will just be a little more scaptical when I watch.

Thanks for informing me!

-Some Kid

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join