It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dartford Cemetery Debunked Discovery's "A Haunting"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
DONT GO IN
they will kill u if they have no other choice
I know those ghost
lets just say I am there protector
and the dare is true but when I sit upon the grave I am not pushed off
I am thanked 4 saveing their lives

~ghost

I am to be feared .I am not ur normal person

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hi my name is Stephanie and I'm from Wapato, Washington. Well, first of all I don't think that the discovery channel exaggerates. Because come on why would rhe people that are telling their side of the be adding more to their experience? I don't think they are adding anything that they didn't experience.
Two of my friends and I traveled all the way to the Dartford Cemetery just to check it out and see if the rumors were true and the episodes on T.V. were true. Yes, they were actually true. When I went there I felt really scared but after like twenty minutes my friends and I decided to leave since there was nothing going on. But when we were about to leave we saw shadows running across the cemetery. Getting pushed off the tombstones is also real because my friend Nikki had sat on top of it even though i told her not to because she can get hurt. Turns out she got pushed off and caused her to scrape her knee and elbows. From there we ran to the car that was parked by the gate and we just went to my Grandma's house that lives about 5 miles away from the cemetery. Love You!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

well, my dad lives in princeton only a few mins away. im at my moms house in IL right now. today me n 4 of my friends are going to this place today during the day and were gonna go again at night. jus so were familar with the place. and im scared of these places, but my friends all like this crap. last night we went to OAKLAND CEMETARY, (woodstock IL)and were all were in 2 cars, and my friends lil one yr old, in the middle of the cemetery started to point out the window and go "mira mira mira" which means look. and she started to cry, and i saw absolutely nothing. but we stepped on it and got out of there ASAP. wtf happened there?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
what was the name of the website on that show?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It's interesting to note, but both sightings occurred on Halloween, according to the Discovery Channel. One thing that needs to be pointed out though, is that those who usually experience encounters with the supernatural, aren't expecting to be having an encounter with ghosts. It's usually those who go for the purpose of finding something, that end up with nothing. Still, interesting enough.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

What else happened?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Hey didn't anyone ever teach your group that sometimes they just don't happen because you want them to. Don't just dismiss the claims because they didn't happen to you! Even TAPS knows this to be a true statement. So you cannot say you have debunked discovery channel's shows claims. You guys need to get a grip. If your truly paranormal researchers you would know the ins and outs of investigating. I work with a group and just because you cannot find one single thing out there, does not mean that it did not happen to the teens! Change your profession.. y ou guys suck!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Justbecause you didnt experience anything doesnt mean they didnt. I think your being a bit judgmental about the Discovery channel over one little , minor investigation or nonexperience you had...lol.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
What a bunch of freaking morons! Let me tell you something...there are no such things as ghosts, and if there were they could not care less about bothering us! Okay, so get off your getting scared, seeing shadows, hearing voices, and feeling things! Most can be explained with science and they are usually B.S.!

[edit on 5-8-2008 by IBONUMBER1]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
To the OP. Great work!
I'd say many if not all haunting's are deceiving things like this. Such as the lights being reflected on the grave stones.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

One person's experience is different from others. I would also take into consideration that sometimes people themselves are haunted, not just places. There is also the fact that you seem a very well-rounded, put-together person. Serenity could beget serenity in this case. If others who have a tumultuous life or who are surrounded by extreme negativity were to go, perhaps the so-called veil might become more thin. I've uncovered numerous resources that suggest this.

But, I do think it's cool that you went. I love the show, "Haunting," but I think a good portion is really embellished for dramatic effect. I still enjoy watching it. It beats anything you see in a theater where you deal with cliche after cliche in a horror movie.

(scary music, tension building, come around the corner.... ZZZ! Oh, it's just the cat.) UGH.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by JungianQueen]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
If you examine the facts, admittedly the occurrence of most 'unexplained events' do have a rational explanation. On the other hand a percentage of reported 'unexplained events' still remains a mystery. To seek a logical explanation one has to acknowledge the experiences of these people and not assume an incredulous view. I can testify that paranormal activities do exist and that some of the experiences encountered here are deemed true.

Leon (Buckinghamshire, England)

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well I believe hii did a thourough investigation, and that his findings are more beliveable than the fictionalized documentary stylings of "A Haunting". I'm guessing that with all of that equip you belong to some type of ghost hunting society, if you ever want some more cases, I can lead you to PA where the Ghost Hunters rarely tread. There's a few sites where I've personally experienced stuff and I can find a half decent paranormal society who feels like investigating them. And Ghost Hunters won't go to a place unless YOU personally own or know the owner of the site you want investigated.

The "Blue Eyed Six" hanging spot is currently on the outskirts of Ft. Indiantown Gap and owned by the army, however, there are some really creepy residual pieces that could possibly use debunking/proving to get it out of the hands of our army (Preferably before they integrate the old church into the tank range.

There's also Camp Swatara, where footsteps and intelligent haunts are common. My school district regularly sends its 5th graders to the camp for an overnighter at the end of the year. Every year someone will come home with a story from the camp, including myself.

Then there's the woods behind where my grandma used to live, there's a creek next to a clearing where a friend and I camped out in a tent, at around 10:30 at night we began hearing noises like someone was wading through the water next to us, but saw no waves or any explanation for the noises. Upon returning to our tent, a shadow of a man passed by, ountlined by the light of the moon. We got out to investigate and saw no people near us.

Those are three of my recent haunting experiences, there's a few other places that I get a creepy feeling in, but since they're old houses I'd more than bet on a high EMF field given off by old wiring in the house.

hope this gives you plenty to look at,
Cru

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IBONUMBER1

It's not nice to call people morons.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

"We sat our cold Wisconsin butts on top of this damn thing making routy noises, provoking, and kicking the edges of it only to have absolutely no response or spiritual activity what so ever"

This is why you didn't find what you are looking for. Disrespect, ignorance and jolly is why nothing happened. Next time try RESPECTING the dead, you might get further along in this old world.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join