It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dartford Cemetery Debunked Discovery's "A Haunting"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I recently returned from a trip to the Dartford Cemetery in Green Lake Wisconsin after being inspired by tales of full body aparitions, voices in the dark, and spirt that will phisically "push" you off of its memorial.

the show
www.associatedcontent.com...

Readers comments from the show
www.topix.com...

www.unexplainedresearch.com...

the phenomona

The Reputed Phenomena:
Apparitions of the Indian chief
Apparitions of Civil War soldiers
Apparitions of the children who died from polio
Dark shadowy figures
Strange noises
Orbs
The sensation of being followed or watched.
The Dare: If you sit on the roof of the mausoleum, a ghost will push you off.

www.unexplainedresearch.com...

[edit on 19-11-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Our impression of the cemetery was that of a peaceful yet inactive one. Honestly we appear to have more activity at our own hometown graveyard than this Hollywood inspired thriller. Rather than a sensation of being watched followed we had a very calm and relaxing feeling throughout the investigation. Another claim as shown on the Discovery channels show was that the gravestones themselves will glow. This was easily debunked as there is a highway which runs parallel to the graveyard and as a car drives by its headlights reflect off of the gravestones generating a unique but explainable glow like effect from one gravestone to the next. The street lights will also cast there brilliance off a stone here or there further perpetuating the glow myth.

The show also claimed that the teenagers were constantly being tripped or as if something were grabbing their feet. This was quickly experienced by our team, unfortunately the headstones are VERY old and many of them stand less than half a foot tall. As one walks through a dimly lit "graveyard" you are constantly tripping over the damn things by accident. Furthermore due to the age of the stones some were covered by a dark moss and were so dark as to blend into the foliage.

Noises and conversations were also purported. This one too was easily dismissed. The SMALL graveyard is surrounded by houses, and one of hte homes had a television on which we could clearly hear in the graveyard itself. The wind tended to carry a quiet conversation between our team members quite a far distance. We ourselves unfortunately never experienced anything any of us would consider paranormal in nature concerning audible noises.

The mausoleum itself was the big deal breaker. The claim is supposedly by sitting on top of the children’s mausoleum the sprits will become angered and will "push" you off. We sat our cold Wisconsin butts on top of this damn thing making routy noises, provoking, and kicking the edges of it only to have absolutely no response or spiritual activity what so ever, much less a aggressive push. The roof of the mausoleum is slanted and it is very difficult to find a stable position to just sit, it is our opinion that part of the reason for witnesses claims of being pushed is rather the witness attempting to move and slipping as a result of losing the very narrow point of stability the roof of the mausoleum offers. We sat there for well over half an hour freezing with no so much as a accidental nudge...

At no time did any of our team members experience a full body apparition or shadow like people. There are LOTS of shadows moving in the graveyard, however none of them move independent on their own accord. There are lots of large trees throughout the graveyard and the street lights surrounding cast a very clear shadow from the limps of the branches which when windy (like it was last night) tend to sway and bend. This movement looks as if the shadows themselves are moving (which they are!) but there is nothing supernatural about this common occurrence. All in all i was very disappointed and think the Discovery Channel tends to over dramatize stories, rather than to depict the mundane nature of real events.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Good job finding logical and reasonable explanations for the supposed phenomenon. I don't suppose though, that you guys took any sort of equipment with you? Such as cameras EMF meters etc etc? Just a curiosity. I am in no way trying to insinuate that your findings are invalid because of it. But if you would have actually had some personal experiences it would have been better to be able to back them up with some sort of data.

I know you were inspired to visit this graveyard based on what you saw on a TV show. Thats cool. At least it got you motivated to explore the not so obvious aspects of the world we live in. BUT I would give you this caveat: There is no TV show that I have ever seen that doesn't make crap up. I have even spotted the venerated TAPS from the sci-fi show Ghost Hunters faking evidence. I am in no way saying all of their evidence is faked but I have noticed enough serious fakery that I put virtually no stock in what they have to say. (sits back and patiently waits for the flames to start)

Another thing you should bear in mind my friend, one investigation without evidence does not mean that there is no spiritual activity. Ghosts do not perform on command. Also as crazy as it may sound, you may have to visit a place a few times for the spirits to become familiar with you. You would be amazed at the number of times I have been to a place where nothing goes on. Then go back a few more times and all of the sudden things start to happen. Very rarely do I get any good solid evidence on the first go.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
list of equipment

EMF Meter
ION Meter
Geiger Counter
Night Vision Goggles
2 Video Cameras
IR Spotlight
Dowsing Rods
IR Wireless Alarm
Temperature Gun
Tape Recorder
Bionic Ear Listening Device

3 shots of Vodka at local Green Lake bar to combat the bitter cold lol

[edit on 20-11-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
We ARE going to talk soon hiii-98, I swear!

This sounds like a big let-down (the cemetary) but, it could of just been a bummer night.
Remember this: Mineola Hotel in Fox Lake. 3rd floor. I'll try to set it up.

Cuhail

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I've actually been thinking about this all day!! I cant wait to come down to Illinois and check the place out. Gives me goosebumps already. Please let me know when invited so i can get some equiptment together.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
No problemo, me amigo!

Let me talk to my contact to the owner and get some info. After that, I'll talk to the owner and I WILL secure permission to investigate. Then you and I will set up a good date to do it and I'll okay that date with the owner.

Mineola, here we come!

Cuhail

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
All spirit stuuf is garbage no such thing. Why is it that JESUS or A Cross is the only thing that they are scared of what of Buddah or Allah etc. Organized religion and spirit world is all man made. God did not make humans humans made GOD.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
i recently went to dartford cemetary instead of being pushed i got my ass kicked by a ghost and walked out of the cemetary with black eyes and a bloody lip

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

REALLY SCARY! REALLY FREAKY!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zombiemann

There are no such things as ghosts. There are no such things a malevolent, or benevolent for that matter, spirits, etc.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zombiemann

You need to grow up and realize that there is nothing that goes bump in the night. It's not real.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Hi my name is Carrie. I agree with you that the discovery channel exaggerated and that is upsetting. Did you have a person that has a sensitivity to things that people can't feel. Sometimes stuff won't happen when we want it to . They say spirits even demonic will go after children rather then adults. Sometimes if you provoke them they will show themselves. I do agree what was on the television show made it sound like all you have to do is go there and you will definitely experience something. This is why I like watching the one on the travel channel with Evet they have science and psychic and they take in the way people might react just because the surroundings. Check it out. I think you'll like this one better.

thanks carrie

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
k.... u did ur homework... nice ideas.. might b right or wrong... but u dnt prove a lot ... u do need to wait for da unnatural, it dnt happen all da time.... i do blieve in ghost i come from a place where its so natural to see them... da all

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98

Noises and conversations were also purported. This one too was easily dismissed. The SMALL graveyard is surrounded by houses, and one of hte homes had a television on which we could clearly hear in the graveyard itself.

Presumably, in November, the windows would be closed on the house but you were still able to hear the TV?

I find that hard to believe.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
No offense to you hiii98(sp sorry) but Discovery exaggerates it seems almost every "A Haunting" but it does sound like you guys did a very thorough job, but did any of you happen to see the one where the family of the cancer patient has to move into a former burial service place... well what the family tells the viewer is that when the exorcism happens the family is thrown against walls and hovers like 2 feet above the ground and there being choked so yeah.. exaggeration. but once again good job you guys looked at a ghost story logically instead of just believing the stories

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
well i went thereee with four of my friendss and i still ae the bruises of being thrown off. All of my friends seen something and it felt like we were being followed the whole time ! I think whoever wants to check that place out needs to think again..i will never go to that place again !!!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
HELLO MY NAME IS STEPHANIE AND I'M FROM WAPATO. I AM VERY INTERESTED IN THE SUPERNATURAL. HAUNTED HOUSES AND GHOSTS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN MY FAVORITE. THE MOST INTERESTING I FIND IS THE WINCHESTER MANSION.
I really like this website and I am a fan of the supernatural. I am really interested in finding out more about Dartford cemetery which I found out about in A Haunting. I really believe in ghosts and I am looking forward into pursuing that as a career.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join