It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chupacabras living in abandoned mines in Chile

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Well it seems that they may have located the homes of the lovable little critters.

www.unknowncountry.com...

H�ctor Cossio writes, in an article translated by Scott Corrales, that two bus drivers came across one of the creatures, after hearing legends about them living in the abandoned mines. One of them, An�bal Montes, says, "Shadows can be seen running uphill, vanishing into the mine and disappearing. But this is nothing new. It's been going on for many years."

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yeah I saw this, maybe it answers the question of why these creatures are so elusive?

ID

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It is undeniable that El Chupacabra has made his way down to Chili. These creatures are reproducing fast. I base this off the fact that they have been spotted in Arizona, New York, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and most recently Chili.

NOTE: this is not the full list of attacks, if you are interested in that please visit the TLC site, it encompasses most of the information on El Chupacabra, I have yet to find a site with these specifics. tlc.discovery.com...

The fact that these creatures are living in mines does not surprise me, they appear to be extremely territorial based on their actions and I have a hunch that they are possibly nocturnal. These caves would provide proper refuge for these animals during the day. A chilling conclusion may be that they are using these caves as a den, preparing for future El Chupacabras. Either way it would seem as though a new creature has graced our little world and quickly risen to the top of the food chain (aide from Humans). I would equate this to the increasing number of attacks, with no natural predators these things are free to feed and breed to their hearts content.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
blah, i think the chupacabra is about as real as the Jackalope, it has features from to many different creatures to be real, it reminds me of old mythological creatures, like the sphinx, and a gryffon

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
What if they start to attack humans? Maybe they don't know how juicy we are yet?

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
although i would like to say that i do believe there might be some new sort of predatory or parasitic species in the Americas, or several, the evidence of THAT is compelling, i just dont think it's the compiliation of disparate parts known as Chupacabra

ID

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

THENEO
What if they start to attack humans? Maybe they don't know how juicy we are yet?

Like most animals I would say that El Chupacabra is afraid of us. This would explain why most witness it running away (also some fire weapons at it making it fear us even more). If you were confronted by a creature more then twice your size would you stick around and investigate? There is always the possibility that with continued human contact they may learn not to fear us and many domesticated animals have done. This would not be a good thing though, if they do not fear us then there is nothing stopping them from making one of us their next unsolved mystery. I do not believe that this is a likely scenario, I believe that as most wild animals these Goat Suckers will attempt to limit their contact with our species.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
ooh, i like that idea. Possible? I think so

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ID
It is undeniable that El Chupacabra has made his way down to Chili. These creatures are reproducing fast. I base this off the fact that they have been spotted in Arizona, New York, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and most recently Chili.

NOTE: this is not the full list of attacks, if you are interested in that please visit the TLC site, it encompasses most of the information on El Chupacabra, I have yet to find a site with these specifics. tlc.discovery.com...

The fact that these creatures are living in mines does not surprise me, they appear to be extremely territorial based on their actions and I have a hunch that they are possibly nocturnal. These caves would provide proper refuge for these animals during the day. A chilling conclusion may be that they are using these caves as a den, preparing for future El Chupacabras. Either way it would seem as though a new creature has graced our little world and quickly risen to the top of the food chain (aide from Humans). I would equate this to the increasing number of attacks, with no natural predators these things are free to feed and breed to their hearts content.

my friend i who went to a wilderness out in the deserts of utah saw them there. they were i would guess as maybe 1 foot tall maybe more. i couldn't really make it out. they had a big head, and when i shined my light into one of it's eyes, it shined red. they were following us, it seemed like stalking us from bushes, trees, sage. i swear that they sounded like crying babyies. i also have heard from some of the farmers (not too many) that livestock will dissapear out where we were.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ID

my friend i who went to a wilderness out in the deserts of utah saw them there. they were i would guess as maybe 1 foot tall maybe more. i couldn't really make it out. they had a big head, and when i shined my light into one of it's eyes, it shined red. they were following us, it seemed like stalking us from bushes, trees, sage. i swear that they sounded like crying babyies. i also have heard from some of the farmers (not too many) that livestock will dissapear out where we were.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
And how can you be sure it was a chup? Because it had a big head? Give me a break

ID

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Stuckinschool I am very interested in your story. I was wondering if you had the time if you could send me a more in depth account of what you saw. Please either U2u me or post it here, thanks.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
All these links are not working. Does anyone have any pics or anything. This sounfs kinda cool, I would like to learn more...

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Damn little things, always scarin' people.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
They're not meant to be a foot high.

Why wouldu fear something a foot high?
How would something 1 foot high become near the top of the food chain?

These things are meant to be 5- 7 feet tall andbe able to carry dogs in their mouths while hopping arund town ;P

ID

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
They are not a foot tall, they have been reported to be three to five feet in height. The reason that they may become close to the top of the food chain is because they seem to have no natural predators. If they are the product of some lab experiment or are extraterrestrial in origin then there is no way that our ecosystem would have been able to counter act them.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Well it seems that they may have located the homes of the lovable little critters.

www.unknowncountry.com...

And what an interresting source foir their story!

www.lacuarta.cl...

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Why wouldu fear something a foot high?

For much the same reason you would fear a snake which is only a couple of inches high, or a spider so small, i would fit in your shoe and stay there, I guess.... Just the invisible knowledge of it could scare most people #eless in the right environment.....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

ID

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
For the last time their height has been reported as three to five feet. They are not a foot tall, if they were they would not be able to take down most of their victims so quickly.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Maybe the chupas are trying to hone in on the diamond market!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join