It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever hear of Adam's 1st wife?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

I wonder if God gave Lillith her own garden and made a bloke for her.. or another woman even.. you never know,maybe that's why no-one heard of her again.. if she bore no descendents.

she actually had many decsendants, and because she chose to NOT lie beneath adam, she chose to leave but then was told by angels that 100 of her offspring would die a day?.. she was then linked to cain and also to the succubus mythologies where she forced the males to um.. ya you know so that she could impreginate herself and form her minions.. but other thread state that she was sterial? but I am getting away from the story..lol.. she also would go back to the garden to .. um.. ya with adam even after eve was made... Lilith is the epitome of female power and knowledge.. she is in complete control of her own and others sexuality therefore the 'men' feared her.. she was also the protector of pregnant females and of children, but that also was twisted to suit the churches belief so that later in tales she killed children and would take babies when they were born, this of course is a lie (in my opinion) but I have no proof so it is groundless... but why would a being first seek to protect and then completely change thier whole belief and structure? can someone answer that one for me? Many religions have her as thier Goddess, and many mythologies have her as a 'star' or 'villian', she has many names but she is but one..lol.. ok enuff rambling rite?

you can find all of this on Wikipedia.. I have yet to figure out how to do the external sites.. sorry.. one step at a time I guess..

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The Old Testament of the Bible and the Torah are a mash-up of stories from that area. Lilith I think is one of Gilgamesh's wives....I don't remember exactly. There are other examples of the Bible borrowing stories from that area....I can't think of another besides Noah's Ark right now.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This page shows how different cultures view Lilith

The figure of Lilith, daughter of the goddess Mehitabel, is a very complex one. Her image differs from culture to culture, becoming more and more demoniac as time goes on and patriarchal values begin to gain dominance.

www.yoni.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Ah yes, Lillith. Wasn’t that Frasier’s first wife?
Sounds like an archetypal mix of woman and demon to me. Perhaps the writers of the Talmud seized on this as a way to explain Cain’s wife?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join