It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Halo 3 Legendary Ending

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:
cj6

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'm not a big Halo fan, it's always seemed a little overated to me, but my cousin insisted that I buy and play Halo 3, so I did. It was over way too fast, and it was too easy, so again my cousin insisted that I play on Legendary. Which isn't too Legendary if you ask me, it didn't make the game anymore challenging or exciting, except for the "extended" ending.

Since I know absolutely nothing about the Halo universe, maybe someone can kindly explain to me what planet Master Chief and Cortana are drifting toward in the end. I can only assume that with the menacing music that follows the appearance of this planet, it can't be anything good! But if anyone out there knows, or has an idea, please let me know!




posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
There are three possibilities that I've heard so far.

1) It's the Forerunner homeworld
2) It's the Shield World Onyx (From the novels)

And the most accepted theory:
3) It's actually the planet from Bungie's first majorly successful game, Marathon. You've probably heard of all the Marathon references in the Halo games, plus the fact that EVERYTHING in Halo is ingrained with the Marathon logo. Some people suggest that Master Chief and the guy from Marathon are one and the same; they're both genetically-enhanced supersoldiers fighting against alien races, learning the secrets of a mysterious ancient civilization, etc etc. I think this is most plausible because at the end, Chief goes into cryosleep and tells Cortana to wake him if she needs him - And the first Marathon game begins with the character being woken up after years of cryosleep by his trusty AI companion. I think Bungie designed the Halo trilogy to end here and Tarantino it back to the beginning of Marathon, haha.

And there you have it, cheers!


cj6

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
So it's not actually a hint at another sequel then?!?!



posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cj6
So it's not actually a hint at another sequel then?!?!



I think it is. Think of it from a business perspective. If you were Bungie or Microsoft. Why wouldn't you release another game. Even if the game turns out to be straight garbage. That's a couple million dollars in the bank, with no sweat.



posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
There is a real possibility that another Halo game could come out.
See, Halo is owned by Microsoft not Bungie.
Bungie have stated they're done with Halo but it is more than likely that Microsoft will just call on another games studio to make the new game, as it is their right to do.
I reckon there's too much money in it for them to just say it's over.
I personally do not think they should make another Halo as the campaign is boring. There hasn't been much change in the gameplay since the first game. It's too short and complicated.
Online hasn't lasted for me either. I'd much rather play Call Of Duty 4 with my buddies.



posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceUk
There is a real possibility that another Halo game could come out.
See, Halo is owned by Microsoft not Bungie.
Bungie have stated they're done with Halo but it is more than likely that Microsoft will just call on another games studio to make the new game, as it is their right to do.
I reckon there's too much money in it for them to just say it's over.
I personally do not think they should make another Halo as the campaign is boring. There hasn't been much change in the gameplay since the first game. It's too short and complicated.
Online hasn't lasted for me either. I'd much rather play Call Of Duty 4 with my buddies.


halo is not owned by microsoft it IS owned by bungie. bungie had a contract with microsoft but ended it. It is just massed produced by microsoft.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by ucanneverdie]



posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
well im not a hola fan but i rly dont care for it but ov what Trappestine said for his possibilitie i think that is pretty coll just maby bungie wont make another halo but just maby try to get ppl to buy the old Marathon games to make a new sieres for that type but the halo tittles have gotten pretty boring i still like the first halo but i find barly any games that great now days lol



posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Well, there is a Halo-based RTS game coming out sometime either this year or in '09. So, keep this in mind when thinking about the storyline.

TheBorg



posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by True Candian
well im not a hola fan but i rly dont care for it but ov what Trappestine said for his possibilitie i think that is pretty coll just maby bungie wont make another halo but just maby try to get ppl to buy the old Marathon games to make a new sieres for that type but the halo tittles have gotten pretty boring i still like the first halo but i find barly any games that great now days lol


I wish I could read this.

Is "Hola" that Latin American MMO I've been reading about?

I thought the planet looks like it was something that was completely overrun by the Flood, but I guess I'm wrong.

By the way, according to the Wikipedia article, "Bungie has stated that Halo 3 is not the last Halo game they will make." They sourced that statement from this 1Up.Com article.

I'm sure we'll find out what the planet was...but the idea of it being worked into the Marathon set of games is a pretty interesting idea.



posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The Big O
 


lol i meant halo not hola but i think conecting to diffrent types ov games together would meak so sick games



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join