It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Helicopter or...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
These are the mosaic pictures of recently discovered helicopter or whatever it is date from third or fourth century A.C.They are found at the place Lihnidos(lake Ohrid-Macedonia) in the temple that some arheologists think it belongs to Dionisij.

pic1
pic2

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Looks more like a tea kettle of some sorts. I wouldnt think it was meant to depict a flying machine of any sorts. The truth is usually found in the simpler explaination.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
For whatever reason, my brain is seeing that picture as being upside down from its intended perspective. Having said that, I don't believe it's depicting any type of flying machine.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
After being forced to systematically google search every relevant word, I did found something on Plaosnik, which is an old temple/church in Macedonia. There is a news article indicating new mosaics being unearthed, so that part of the story checks out.

www.macedonia.co.uk...

Oh and I had to dig this up via the filenames of the pictures. Thank you very much for making it extra tricky. The other names just give places and not much else.

Unfortunetly, I've not been able to find any images similar to these (just animal mosaics that doesnt even look close). So there is little in the way of more pictures. As such, I will not say it looks like a helicopter... It doesnt really. Might as well say a dildo look like an airplane, who cares about the wings?

[edit on 19-11-2007 by merka]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hell of a helicopter if it can fly without a top blade....

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
There are so many questions.

Why would somebody depict a silhouette of a helicopter with absolutely no other context whatsoever? Birds, people waving from it, anything that would help identify it. Also, if it is a helicopter, what are we supposed to gather from it? That ancient people had helicopters? That aliens, rather than using their flying saucers, used helicopters sometimes? That a helicopter somehow went back in time, and that it was common enough to be immortalized in tile, but nothing else associated with it?

My guess is that it's some kind of oil lamp or container. Yes, upside-down from the photo. Or perhaps some other object common at the time but now puzzling to us. Like an apple corer. Or a shoehorn.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
ok here I come to save the day!

That my friends is a depiction of an OIL LAMP............the type of lamp from back in the day of Aladdins lamp?
They DID HAVE lamps back in Macedonia and that is nothing more than the picture of a lamp. You may wonder WHY would they do a pic of a lamp, but a lamp is a REALLY COOL thing for ancient people....they could carry around and transport light in their hands via a lamp, so it makes sense they would put it in tile.

I do see how it does look allot LIKE a helicopter without blades so I totally get what the OP is saying............

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

the truth is out there

or possibly here
bertan.gipuzkoakultura.net...

[edit on 19-11-2007 by kerkinana walsky]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It can also look as a stylized eye.
Like the way they used to depict it in Egypt.

No choppers here

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ancient Helicopter or ... or an upside down tea pot.

Turn the image 180 degrees and it looks like a small lamp like tea pot (some kind of crazy mix involving aladdin's lamp) it even has liquid inside and a drop coming out of the spout.
Turn it upside down and it even has a stand with which it would stand on a table with!!!

Then question why on earth any artist would ever create a mosaic of a tea pot, if I was an artist I would much rather create an ancient helicopter.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Looks like a snail thats just had a great idea.

I dont see the helicopter connection at all, sorry. I must say i like merka's analogy though.
Flying dildo's.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I was thinking along the same lines.

It wouldn't be too far fetched for hieroglyphics to appear on a mosaic piece.

As for what it may represent (other than specific language) it definately looks like some sort of ship, although whether ocean-going or sky-going i wouldn't be able to say.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Holy science! people on ats dont listen

hollywood faked many sculptures, drawings, and stuff like that to make propaganda for their sci-fi movies of the 50's and 60's!!!!!!

is on many books, one example HOLLYWOOD BABYLON!!
BUY IT, READ IT, FIND OUT FOR URSELF.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Chill out Drzava with your south park song (which is by far the best south park song, closely second is the one where cartman sings "I hate you guys" which is funny and I dont know why).
Went to King Tut exhibition in the UK last night, was looking for any strange out of this world hiero's but didnt see any however there was one that was similar to the one shown except the "drip" was going in the opposite direction. Couldnt take a photo as they were not allowed in the exhibition.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Hi,
For me this pic is old lamp. Right bigger side is tank for oil and left is fire.
I saw soooo many different types of lamp in old Yugoslavia, this can be one of them.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Yes I agree, it looks like it was created to represent a 'lamp', you can even see the oil drop at the tip of the spout.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
reply to post by Nohup

Yes I agree, it looks like it was created to represent a 'lamp', you can even see the oil drop at the tip of the spout.

a lamp that drips oil is a bit of a fire hazard isn't it

you don't think its much more likely that its the flame

if it is a temple to Dionysis then that would make sense because the undying flame is a symbol of this undying god

[edit on 22-11-2007 by kerkinana walsky]

new topics

top topics

join