It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believe in the whole truth and you will not die

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yes, you heard me say it and I fully believe it.

I am talking about this passage:

New American Standard
Rev 20:6
Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

I believe this text is talking about first a spiritual birth then a physical rebirth.

Let me explain. There are two possible deaths and two resurrections. The latter follows the former respectively. The first death is not a physical death at all. It is what most people think, because they feel they die first at some point in their life when they are put in a coffin or cremated. This is not my belief. I believe the first death is your soul. Although it cannot actually "die" because it is eternal, it can become swayed by the wicked spirit to become corrupt, and unclean and dead in the eyes of God, by disbelief in the truth. This is the first death:

Matthew 23:27
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness.

The first death can be overcome, by the power of God. In other words, when we listen to the spirit of truth our soul is resurrected and we are born again. This first possible death and resurrection predicts how it affects the second death; the physical one. For if we receive the true spirit, then the second death has no power over us, and we will not die but will be transfigured like Jesus into a new body.

This is also the mystery of Jesus coming and we meet him in the clouds and the coming where he sets foot on earth to rule.

The "meeting him in the clouds" is the first resurrection. It is hidden and shrouded so that it is the unseen return of Christ in spirit. This is when we rule with him the thousand years (the last day). Then the second resurrection occurs and all becomes manifest. The spirit world becomes reality, we do not die and we put an end to evil.

Sorry now, I have to run off to work so I will catch up on this later.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
ok make it some what less convaluted, are you talking about physical immortality or spititual? spiritual or physical?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
At the time when we understand through faith all the simple truth that the gospel proclaims, then all is fulfilled and those who are called to this are exempt from the second (physical) death. They then are transfigured and receive spiritual bodies which are eternal.

new topics

join