It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

world governments should tell all they know about U.F.O.'s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
People of the world and espesialy americans have spent fortunes on our space programs. I for one think It is time to demand all the info we have on this subject. Time to show us all the Hi-def images in color! I am tired of the black and white blurry images they give us when when we know we have better! We bought the damn cameras for goodness sakes! I have called my Senators and congress woman about thist. They seem to be as much out of the loop as everyone else. This is our money they have spent, hundreds of billions of dollars. We should be allowed to know what all this spending has bought us!! WE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW!!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the 'curtain of ridicule' still holds firm. We can demand all we want but I personally don't think we're getting crap from the government.

I hope I'm wrong, however

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by uv777bk

I hink your right, the gov. would never volentarily give us the info, the photos and every other thing that would be relivent. it will probably take a class action lawsiute all the way to the supream court!! I certainly would be will to try. Maybe an online petition flooding every chat and online site we could think of would get the attention of our lawmakes.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
As StellarX once said:
"Knowledge is power and why share it when that means you lose your control/power over others?"
I agree, but easier exclaimed than received.
Oh the quest for unknown just makes theorists salavate.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I believe that all governments should take example on the French government. They are gradually releasing all UFO cases reported in France. You can find them on the link below:

www.cnes-geipan.fr...

Hope you guys understand French.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
There are many countries that have declassified part or the totality of their UFO archives. Just to give you an example, in Spain the Air Force declassified it's files more than ten years ago. So the example of France is nothing new.

Now, 99% of those declassified files describe a phenomenon that is difficult to interpret... you won't be reading that an F/A-18 from the Spanish Air Force went to intercept an "alien spacecraft". The files and info are more in the genre of: an F/A-18 tried to localize a light in sky that was seen by military personel near an air base. Now, what the light was is a matter of speculation that those files don't contain. It's a matter of interpretation.

My opinion is that governments of the world do not know what the phenomenom really is, and if they suspect it does, they do not have enough information to give a public official answer. You can't feed the public with info that is not verifiable, if that puts your population in danger.

To give you an example: suppose that you, as a government, officially say that a percentage of the UFO's are suspected to be spacecrafts from another world. That would inmediately give credibility to the thousands of wackos and sects across the world that say that are in direct contact with aliens. Now... imagine the power it would give to the David Koresh sects across the planet, that would use such info for their own benefit.

[edit on 20-11-2007 by Celtibero]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Celtibero

I agree that many nation are showing more, Mexico and Belgium resently released some vidios of the respective Air Forces chasing UFO's. But, I can't help but think that they know much more than they are telling us! I really think that any one who has more than a passing intrest knows that we are being vivited by at least one alien civilzation "maybe more". Could it be that most countries have came up with thier own sort of "Brookings Report" and have also desided to supress ET info. I saw the images from Japanese lunar orbiter and the look like the nasa images. Its HD color but, we get LD B&W!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The problem is that the actual level of knowledge of governement is unknown: I know a lot of people here believe in a partial or total coverup but despite the military material, it is in fact possible that they do not know more than us on this: I didn't look at the french files, I might read the Cometa Report... but you shouldn't hold your breath on this. The titles reads like this: sociological studies, studies of the rare space phenomenons, and such...

Like Celtibero said, I think that military studies will aknowledge the existance of UFOs in the wider sense of the term (stuff that is unidentified), reports some occurances of military observing those -from time to time-, speculate a bit. And that's it.

EDIT
So I just glanced quickly over the Cometa Report. Basically, it is based on a select few cases of military or civilian pilots encoutering UFOs.
This study is not directly conducted by the military: it was done by the COMETA Association and sent to the French Prime Minister & President (Lionel Jospin & Jacques Chirac). However this association was founded and is run by French generals, lawyers, engineers, doctors, etc... so they actually have some credibility.

There are 3 direct testimonies (2 military - 1 civilian) from French pilots encountering UFOs. The report also mentions other similar cases in Europe and USSR, which we can deem somewhat accurate. The COMETA is clearly biased towards the idea of the extraterrestrial origin of UFOs, considering that drones or "secret aircraft" cannot account for all sightings, and pondering the heavy consequences of this scenario.

Despite pushing this opinion, they manage to do so in a reasonable way, pointing out that it is impossible to confirm or not the alien hypothesis as of now, and advocates better research in this field. They do express worries over the fact that those UFOs seems to engage in "interception routines" with military planes.

The end of the report speaks about several "historical" possible UFO sightings (from the Greek Antiquity to present time) and USA, but don't drool: there is nothing new there. They basically engage in a summary of what is common knowledge to anyone here (But not so much in 99 and in France, I guess). The Roswell incident (and the possibility of a flying saucer crash), the possibility of the USAF creating very advanced crafts (thus explaining the secrecy), the Groom Lake base, etc... The report also mentions possible disinformation schemes, suggesting that Adamski or Bennewitz may have been fed some. John Lear name also come up there (heh heh).

The most interesting part, IMHO, are the testimonies and cases related.

[edit on 2-12-2007 by Laeke] EDIT: Cometa Report precisions

[edit on 2-12-2007 by Laeke]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Belgium Airforce statement from Wilfried de Brouwer.
www.freedomofinfo.org/national_press_07/general_de_brouwer_statement.pdf

top topics

join