Ga. Boys Ages 8 and 9 Charged With Rape

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
Either way this is inexcusable and these boys should be punished as harshly as a typical sex-offender would be.

Based on what evidence? How are you so sure that what you are being told actually happened?

I know if this happened to my little girl I would probably be the next news story.........

Same here. So with that being said, I have to ask... If it were your child would you wait 3 days before reporting it?

This is a horrible crime that this little girl will never be able to forget and these boys may just get off with a slap on the wrist.

Again, how do you know that this horrible thing actually happened to the girl? I think it is safe to assume that after 3 days, there is no DNA evidence. So I have to know what evidence they do have. Since you live in the area, maybe you would know. Are they simply taking the girl's word for it?

Most of us can not comprehend a 8 or 9 year old being sexually active. The girl is 12. How possible is it that she made it up? What evidence is there? What indicators are there that a sexual assault took place? Why wait 3 days to report it?

DNA evidence has excluded countless people who are in prison for rape. False rape accusations are very common in this country. People hear of a situation like this and automatically accept it as fact. That is human nature. From where I sit, the facts do not add up. Especially.... WHY WAIT 3 DAYS TO REPORT IT?? A lot can happen in 3 days. A kid can scratch themselves up, make a plan, fabricate "evidence", and rehearse the story.

I was once accused of physically assaulting a girl in a public parking lot. The girl and a friend approached me and cussed me out, I told them both off and walked into the store. One week later I get a call from the police. She claimed I punched her in the face and gave her a blackeye. She had got the tag number off my car and reported it- 3 days later. I was charged and the case dismissed when this girl's "witness" approached my attorney and told him that she was the one who punched the girl in the eye and that I never touched her.

Things like this happen. You have to ask yourself, if this was your daughter would you wait 3 days to report her rape? We live in a world with Law and Order being played on TV non stop, CSI constantly being replayed. Evidence and collection of evidence is no big mystery to anyone anymore. Why wait 3 days to report a rape? It is safe to assume this girl bathed within those 3 days, that would destroy all the DNA evidence. So what evidence does ANYONE have that a rape occurred? Or are we all just taking one 12 year old girl's word for it?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
No-one else concerned for the little girl? Having to go through that, at such a young age, is terrible. I really hope she can get through it in one piece.

As for the boys, well, something like this is inexcusable, no matter what age. Juvenile Detention shouldn't be their punishment though, they should have hundreds of hours of therapy and psych evaluations because there is something seriously messed up with anyone who thinks this is right.

EDIT-

section8citizen, you have a very good point there. I don't know if this is made up or not, so I'll put both my views out there. If the girl did fabricate this, then she should get some psychological help, it's a really serious thing to be accused of.

That being said, I can see 8 or 9 year olds being sexually active, especially from what I've seen here. Kids drinking and smoking at that age, shouting derogative remarks at passers by, it's a new, but no less disturbing phenomenon.

[edit on 19-11-2007 by Zanzibar]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Aigh..

I agree West..

That would ruin the poor boys life for sure.. would never have a chance at a normal innocent life.

He should just write an apology letter and forget the entire incident, perhaps some counciling. No point in ruining or scaring a poor boys life is there?

And girl, well we can just blame the problem on her. Was probably being seductive anyways. And in the latter years when she has relationship problems, nightmares, or is raped again and doesn't seek justice because she knows that the legal system frowns on girls who get raped, we can tell her we don't want to ruin anyones life over a little thing like rape. And if she ever wonders why the boys got away she will have the sense ingrained that men are allowed to treat her this way, and that it should be expected, and that women are of a lower class.

No, needn't ruin a life here.

A life has already been ruined, and an innocence destroyed.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Allow me to share a story with you all..... I just thought about this seconds ago while I was making something to eat.

About a month ago I was working at a strip club as a DJ. Right off the DJ booth is the "Champagne Rooms". On this night I caught a girl performing oral sex on a customer. The bouncer walks up and catches her. [SNIP] She goes into the dressing room and starts telling other girls that the man "forced [SNIP] her. She made such a big deal about it, the manager (who did not know what was going on) was about to call the police.

Moral of the story: This girl accused a man of rape because she was embarrassed that she got caught prostituting herself.

It happens.

There is no evidence presented to us at this time, why are you all convicting these kids already? Is it possible that maybe the girl was teaching the boys and now she is embarrassed? Any number of things could have happened here, do not be so quick to convict, blame the parents, demand that these boys be tried as adults. Stop and think! I beg you all to just stop and think for a moment. If this is your 12 year old daughter, would you wait 3 days to report her rape?

---------------------------
trimmed out sexual description

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19/11/07 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I think these boys were too young to know exactly what they were doing. Although, who didn't know what sex was at age 4-6. I find it hard to belive people wouldn't have ever seen an animal doing it and at least made some connections. Do you city folk actually get sheltered that much from nature?

If anything the older girl should know how to defend against younger boys. Was she somehow physicly incapable of punching these boys in thier noses? Do parents not teach thier kids self protection these days?

If was rape, I don't get why it took 3 days to report either.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Believe me, eight year olds are capable of some pretty horrid things. I know this from when I had to serve time as an eight year old back in the Dark Ages. What for some people was an idyllic time with kiddies and dogs riding bicycles was for others pure hell. Except that back then, nobody talked to anybody about anything, or admitted that anything bad can happen to the kids.

This leads to my other point ... abuse. I honestly believe those two boys must have been sexually abused at an early age. Punishing them won't help ... therapy is better but it can really help little to anyone so emotionally mutilated. There is no good solution here.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I find interesting that is not more information to the report but what has been stated.

First of all the girl is 11 years old while the older boy is 9, I wonder who was the promiscuous one in the whole ordeal, the girl of the boys.

This one will be a very interesting case.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I agree with you. And I keep checking to see if any other news source has picked it up or if there are any updates.........nothing.

I agree that they havent told us all what happened.
It is possible, though I dont know for sure, that the child didnt tell the mother right away and when she did, she finally got her checked out a the doctor, then decided to report.

Hopefully more facts will come out soon...so we all arent assuming!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
reply to post by WestPoint23

Not only that, but sending these kids to a juvenile detention facility would probably do more harm than good for them. These kids need therapy, not to be outcasts.

I whole-heartedly agree with giving them therapy. Also, at the end of the article, it said something to effect of they wouldn't expect such a crime to occur in this particular town.

I'm not too familiar with the area, but it does not look like it would be an urban sprawl where crimes of this nature are typically found.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I find interesting that is not more information to the report but what has been stated.

I find it typical, that is the way our new media works. It draws the emotional response (as seen in this thread) before providing you with any facts whatsoever.

Just the other day I was watching the local news when they reported an "Amber Alert". In this area of the US, people take the Amber Alerts very seriously and they will be on the look out for anyone who is being sought under the Amber Alert. The only facts the story gave you was who the man was, and that he took his 2 daughters out of the hospital.

Now when did it become a crime to take your kids from a hospital? If it was a medical emergency, surely they would have said so, but they didn't so whats the problem? How can you kidnap your own kids when you have custody of them? It does not make sense but the news sure painted him out as a criminal that must be captured.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
hmmm i saw this on yahoo news and made a thread on it first lol...oh well this one has more replies so ill add my 2 cents here too.....i think the parents need to be reprimanded for not being able to control their children...id love to know what the hell is goin on with kids these days...Imo this is as bad as a school shotting because the victim is going to fell this for the rest of her life....would like to have more info on what really happened tho...being that young it might not have really happened the way the story says

anyways heres my thread with my whole 1 reply
abovetopsecret thread

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by smart420

Sorry!! I did a search before posting it and nothing came up
Again, I apologize!

[edit on 19-11-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the Yahoo link! Here is some additional info from it:

Acworth Police Chief Mike Wilkie said one of the boys was accused of threatening to hit the girl with a rock before the alleged assault. Wilkie also said the investigation is "far from over," and investigators are looking into claims that after the alleged attack, the girl talked about it with her friends at a slumber party.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Thanks for that link I see now that we should not made any conclusions as we can see is more that they are telling us.

Like I say promiscuity could be an issue and also it could be abuse included.

Sometimes the problems starts at home.

link   
I have to agree with section8citizen...

I find it typical, that is the way our new media works. It draws the emotional response (as seen in this thread) before providing you with any facts whatsoever.

It's all about advertising dollars...

link   
When I first read this story, I was appalled. Truly aghast at the extreme behavior of these two
"youngsters"! It was nearly impossible for me to accept such a story. But accept it I did.

I don't have a daughter but I have two boys myself and I certainly know that if something untoward had happened to them, I would have been beside myself. I don't consider myself a violent man but, damn, I know that I probably would have been driven into doing something untoward myself.

Then I started thinking about what section8citizen had said:

Originally posted by section8citizen
Based on what evidence? How are you so sure that what you are being told actually happened?

That's when I stopped "feeling" and started "thinking".

section8citizen has a valid argument. He raises an extremely important question.

Again, how do you know that this horrible thing actually happened to the girl? I think it is safe to assume that after 3 days, there is no DNA evidence. So I have to know what evidence they do have. Since you live in the area, maybe you would know. Are they simply taking the girl's word for it?

It's a question that caused me to sit back and ponder things. You know, to think about human nature. To consider how all of us have made rash decisions based on scant information or, for that matter, misinformation. Such reactions are exactly why we developed a judicial system that weighs the evidence that is based upon further extensive investigation.

Most of us can not comprehend a 8 or 9 year old being sexually active. The girl is 12. How possible is it that she made it up? What evidence is there? What indicators are there that a sexual assault took place? Why wait 3 days to report it*?

DNA evidence has excluded countless people who are in prison for rape. False rape accusations are very common in this country. People hear of a situation like this and automatically accept it as fact. That is human nature. From where I sit, the facts do not add up. Especially.... WHY WAIT 3 DAYS TO REPORT IT??* A lot can happen in 3 days. A kid can scratch themselves up, make a plan, fabricate "evidence", and rehearse the story.

*bold italics added for emphasis

This is when I started thinking. First, I have to admit, I am still aghast at the very concept that this event might have occurred as reported. If it is true, it raises countless questions and is the fodder for endless debate regarding our society, parenting, our educational systems, the apparent loss of morality and ethical systems (i.e. religion) within our society and culture and the effect of technological and traditional media upon childhood development.

Secondly, I was shocked by my own immediate and unthinking gut reaction which offered an insight into my own, personal, propensity towards violence when adequately provoked. I was putting my emotional reaction ahead of my own judgment -- effectively putting my intellectual discernment on hold.

Finally, I had to question why I was so quick to accept an initial news report on this incident. When the "media" reported that there were WMD in Iraq, I took that with a grain of salt and a pound of suspicion. When the "media" reported that terrorists had attacked the WTC on 9/11, I was still open to the possibility that events that I had witnessed -- live -- on television might not be all that it appeared to be. Yet, I was ready to condemn two prepubescent children on the basis of an unsubstantiated news report from the very same media that I would otherwise question at every turn.

Perhaps the answers lie in the fact that because children are involved, it is a base human emotional reaction to "protect" ,"defend" and exact discipline" when confronted by the very idea that these children....my children....any children might have succumbed to the failings of society.

They say, as an old adage goes, "it takes an entire village to raise a child". When that child goes astray, then the entire village has failed. When something as vile as this reported "child gang rape" occurs, it is an indictment of the failure of our entire society.

I will reserve judgment on this matter until more evidence has been admitted for examination. Until that time, I can only ponder how our society is failing our children -- failing us all.

As a final note or comment, one incident comes to mind when I consider this report. In 1987, a "media circus" surrounded an incident that, upon initial reports, was equally abhorrent to the sensitivities of a nation -- the case of Tawana Brawley. For those not familiar with this case, a 15 year old girl reported that she had been brutally raped and repeatedly humiliated in a most degrading fashion by a group of men. Tawana Brawley was black. The accused perpetrators were a group of white men. To add insult to injury, she reported a racially motivated hate crime that literally angered a nation and served to further divide the country on racial lines.

A Grand Jury investigation proved that Tawana Brawley had fabricated the entire incident. She lied!

Brawley and her mother were issued subpoenas to appear in front of the grand jury but refused to testify. This may have prompted Brawley and her family to move hastily to Virginia, taking with them a "defense fund" of $300,000 which had been contributed by well-wishers. There remains an outstanding warrant in New York against the two for ignoring the subpoena.[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawana_Brawley]SOURCE

In the aftermath of this lie, careers were lost, reputations sullied and an aura of anger and mistrust hung over a divided nation.

[edit on 11/19/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I have to wonder what kind of environment these boys were raised in.

While it MAY be possible for them to just be psychologically damaged, I doubt ALL 3 of them are.

The police should DEFINITELY be investigating the homes of these children. It wouldn't surprise me to find out they had either be horribly neglected or molested/raped themselves.

However, being the "evil" *snippity snip* that I am, I still don't feel these boys should be let out with some minor slap on the wrist.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Earth Humans are yet again LOOOOOONG over due to perish....its gonna restart yet again...

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
My friend actually recently wrote a whole paper on a topic relating to this; the main cause of this behavior being No Child Left Behind. To summarize the 5 page paper in a nutshell, the reason is that all the experienced, veteran teachers who enforce the rules are being fired due to the fact that they are not certified. This replaces the good teachers with young new teachers who are walked all over by the kids. If anyone here is in High schoo, ill bet money that the incoming classes are horribly behaved.

Another thing, parents need to stop being oblivious to what is going on in their children's lives. Truth is, the majority of preteens are having sex, experimenting with drugs and alcohol, and performing other actions one would think they would not do.

imo, parents need to get more involved and invade their childrens privacy, its only the way to know what they are doing. invest in a computer key logger, or some sort of parental controls, it will only help in the long run.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I knew about sex in it's entirety when I was probably 5 or 6 (i'm 24 now). I never turned out to be a rapist, deviant, or molester. Hell, I've only had one sex partner in my entire life.

I learned about all the stuff I shouldn't have at that young age from older kids that lived in my cul-de-sac.

This was back in the 80's...i'm sure things are much more "hardcore" for kids these days and "in their face" than it was for me.

I have a theory that learning about sexuality at such a young age (and experimenting with one's self) actually can trigger physical changes; AKA puberty earlier in children. The body says, "oh, im being stimulated in that way--I need to start producing endocrine hormones! NOW!"

I call this "forced puberty" -- the body thinks it's time to start it's reproductive life cycle.

Why was I shaving in 6th grade?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join