It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs and their lights.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is a question I have been thinking about more recently.

Throughout the age of UFO sightings, there has indeed been weird things photographed and videotaped. To me, the weirdest thing about these objects are the way they move about. But how do I know they move about in the first place?

Lights! In almost every photo or video I see there's always some kind of light(s) emanating from the object in question. Well, maybe I can't see past some kind of mental roadblock, but what the hell do the pilots of these crafts need lights for?

I guess I could understand if you gave me some scientific explanation about how the immense energy coming off the craft interacts with the gas of the atmosphere, but what about distinct light formations? People who see and record multiple light sources moving in unison as if one? Why are these craft often broadcasting themselves visually?

I don't know. This question has been getting at me for some time. My answer for the moment is that maybe these crafts want to be seen. They know it's the only way they can drop us a hint.

Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I've had the same questions.

I once seen a ball of light in the sky doing moves hard to believe. When I seen this the 1st question I asked my was not who, what, or why, but was how. I spent time looking into this, and I have some ideas I'm working on getting out, soon.

So, here the scoop on why lights, they're not light bulbs. It's a side effect from producing a plasma type or electrical field around the craft. You know how a lightning bolt glows, it's the same kind of thing. Depending on the air, distances, and time of day the field appear different colors. Just like sometimes lightning looks white, blue, or orange.

[edit on 19-11-2007 by ebe51]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Could be intentional? I think they're just saying "hey guys, we're here".

It's probably the safest way for them to make themselves known. They can't exactly just walk in our front door.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
if they're real, they are still aircraft, formation lights arent just for decoration...

and who knows about exotic propulsion... could be light from sub-atomic annihilation accounting for some lights...

but the whole 'hey look at me' idea is silly... they could simply hover over the washington monument for everyone to see if they chose, who would stop them?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by planetfall

Subtlety? If they were to just land on our front lawn it would probably cause quite the chaos, don't you think? I'd expect many heart attacks and spontaneous religious actions that day.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Comatose

there is already plenty of chaos, this is no excuse, thats always the stock answer, and i dont think its valid

heart attacks? i dont think the average american would bat an eye... ask 'em

would ufo's landing on the whitehouse lawn be any more chaotic and disruptive than the 9-11 attacks? not at all. you aren't taking into account the american and/or world's attention span... especially if it happens during the playoffs

the scientific community would be pretty excited, but who would notice? no one pays attention to scientists, wasnt the latest planet discovered 4 million light years away from the public interest?

a few of us scifi geeks would be pretty pumped up about it, but again, who else would?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by planetfall

I live in a medium-sized U.S. city (about 80,000 people). Why not just land in a city such as this? There's enough people to be witnesses to the fact (better than announcing yourself to the world by landing in Jim-Bob's cornfield), but landing in a medium sized city wouldn't present such a national security risk as to get blown up by the military.

No -- I'm thinking if they DO exist, and WANT to have their presence known, they would have done so by now.

[edit on 11/19/2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
if you consider one of the principles of scientific observation,the observer does not interfere with the observed,as interference causes the observed to become un natural,tainted.

ask heisenberg!

an easier way of putting it,we are specimens in a jar,we are being allowed to develop without our natural state being altered.
i think the emphasis is on us to discover them.

do you think advanced alien species go about announcing themselves to primitive two eyed mammals still strutting about like little gods on their home world?.

[edit on 19-11-2007 by welivefortheson]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by W. Knowledge
Lights! In almost every photo or video I see there's always some kind of light(s) emanating from the object in question....[snip]I guess I could understand if you gave me some scientific explanation about how the immense energy coming off the craft interacts with the gas of the atmosphere...

Oh my friend, you have to read Paul Hills Unconventional Flying Objects

It is super. Hint, the glow is the "ionized and excited air molecules often called a plasma"

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
If aliens are flying around those UFO's, and that is a big IF, it's more than clear that they have no interest in making their presence clearly known. They care about mantaining a very low profile, though sometimes they fail and are seen or detected by few.

Also, there are numerous accounts of UFO's having lights that are clearly non-conventional (by earthly standards) navigation lights, and not a mere side effect of whatever exotic propulsion they employ. Rotating beacons, flashing lights, strobes at the extremes of the craft, do seem to be made on purpose, and not side effect.

If those reports are true, that means that visual navigation and identification is still necessary despite how advanced your technology is. Maybe they turn them on purpose when they fear or suspect that another craft, maybe beloging to another civilization, is nearby, and there's a certain danger of an air colision. Who knows...

top topics

join