It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS becoming Increasingly Anti-Christian?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
You are truly mistaken if you believe that Christianity is the only religion that has an agenda. Every religion has an agenda. An agenda to draw you in and have you convert. I can agree that there are extremists in every religion, but it is safe to say that there are also hyporcites and posers as well that are not to be mistaken as the spokes person or the example of what their religion represents. The christian agenda to is fulfill the great commission and to lead other ppl to the path of salvation. Lead, direct and guide because they care about where other people will spend their eternity. I find it odd that so many are offended by this. If you don't agree move on.. and ignore.. yet I guarantee you there will come a day when you will question....

Matthew 5:10-12 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
ATSer's are all about denying ignorance. God is not a proven concept therefore it is the same as believing in Aliens. There is no objective evidence of a supreme being of any kind. People have chosen to believe and have faith in the written words of other human beings. Some believe they feel something when talking to god. I myself am very doubtful of god, and Christianity or any religion though I cannot say I am an unbeliever. I chose not to just believe the Bible because other humans told me it was true. Remember Santa Clause? No one has let Humanity off the hook on GOd like they have for Santa.

There is probably as much proof of Santa as there is a Supreme being.

This makes Religion a target of discussion for ATS. All of us including those who do not believe come here hoping to find the truth and proof.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

I agree... and I think that is human nature to search for understanding and evidence.. wether it be God or wether it be aliens an afterlife.... we search and desire more...

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Religion was and still is a mind control tool for the weak minded, how many have died, been tortured and persecuted all in the name of religion.

I cannot believe that alleged intelligent life forms can keep swallowing the tripe that is spewed out from any religeous group. Its time to ditch all this mind control crap and to focus on the issue's that are really important and not comic book crap from thousands of years ago.

From infancy human being are controlled and manipulated by religion, no other subject is more forced upon us than religion, If I had my way I'd scrap the whole lot.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I take issue with the concept that 'religious equals moral'. Someone earlier implied that you cannot be an athesist and be moral, to which I strongly disagree.

What that implies then, is that mankind needs the fear of Hell and Judgement in order to behave? That we need the threat of the big white father in the sky or else?

Again, I strongly disagree.

I'm insulted to think that we have to have some sort of spiritual babysittter in order to be good people.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
the G-D beings that made us did not make us as robots---we each have a choice to make----but every one of us will be held into account for our individual choices whether good or bad----how many think they can keep themselves alive forever with transplants /drugs or worship in a strange religion ----or unproven theory ?------there are more witnesses for the true religion shown in the scriptures than against------those that were willing to die in the inquisitions rather than convert to become catholics or muslims ----do any out there think they know more truth than these ones?another inquisition is prophecied-----apparently blood and guts for proof of others peoples convictions is necessary to educate the non believers is my educated guess?

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
To be honest i don't post on ATS much but once in while a thread comes along that grabs my attention just like this one.
To start off i am in way a religious person i wasn't brought up to follow any religion as my parents wanted both me and my sister to make our own minds up once we were old enough. but any way back to my point of posting, i don't believe its a case of anti-Christian just those that don't believe and those that do which gets some heated discussions going some people do take it a bit to far both those that believe and those that don't.

Some one mentioned the film The man from earth which i watched last week and actually goes along the lines of my train of thought on the catholic church, Personally i believe nothing the bible says as just like the history books is written by those that are in power to say what gets written and what doesn't so was the bible, my personal belief is there was a man once that gained followers expresses his beliefs and showed people how to live a good life unfortunately the Romans saw him as a threat because of the number of followers he was gaining and decided enough was enough and dealt with him as they saw fit later on down the line when the roman empire was at its peak it needed some form of way of keeping it together and came up with what we call the the catholic faith made that man a martyr by saying he was the son of god, and did many wonderful things miracles and such and then included the 10 Does and donts which worked for quite along time, Now i don't know how long the decline in people going to church has been going on for but id say over the last 30 to 40 as seen an increase.

Now today the majority of people would rather sit in front of that big box or panel in there living room known as the TV, which is the new form of population control to some extent and over the last 10 years The Personal computer.

anyways that's my thoughts personaly i don't care if any one agrees with it or not its my own belief and i live my life how i want to, i know right from wrong, i help if i can help regardless of who it is that needs it and i don't need a book to tell me this.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by moonvibe

nothing to do with my ego----whether you live or die what possible difference could it make to me ? better enjoy "your" free thinking till the brakes are put on-----the day is coming when stangers will not be allowed to run in and out of jerusalem any old time they feel like it--------joel 3:17

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

that thread has really veered off from its original intention (which really started when the guy who started it got banned) and has become a general discussion of stuff that's "anti-christian"

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
ATSer's are all about denying ignorance. God is not a proven concept therefore it is the same as believing in Aliens. There is no objective evidence of a supreme being of any kind.

Neither is there evidence for about 90% of the conspiracy theories that people tout around here as being "true." So...

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Until a god can be proven, I believe it shall. Faith is not enough without proof and ATS needs proof to believe such a hidden, obscure and absentee notion.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

is ats becoming increasingly anti-christian ? not to me ----i've said stuff on here that no other web-site i've been on before would tolerate without censoring me-----mind you i didnt lie about or make a personal attack against anyone either------just that some subjects are anathama-------------like why would a loving G-D permit 150 million people that refused to become catholics during the inquisitions be murdered by the popes gestapo? or 6 million jews be murdered in the holocaust by the german nazis?-----and i'm a jew so dont think that i am predjudiced .i think ats is the most free to express your beliefs website on this planet and i'm greatful they let me be here i hope? till the nwo shuts down every source of truth there is till just before the end of all of our freedoms in north america and the coming ww3

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldShadow

Until a god can be proven, I believe it shall. Faith is not enough without proof and ATS needs proof to believe such a hidden, obscure and absentee notion.

Refer to my post abopve yours for a reply.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by WorldShadow

Refer to my post abopve yours for a reply.

I'm afraid you are stepping off the path you seek by referring to the other 90% as an answer to my opinion to your thread title. You wanted to know "is Ats becoming increasingly anti-christian". That will have to be up to humankind to determine since this christian created entity called god refuses to use it's omnipotence and supposition of power to bring it's dominion together as one belief rather than allow subjective faith. People grow tired of the same rhetoric being thrown down by those who follow a doctrine of conditioning. How can things seriously be debated if a christian high on faith tosses in fallible biblical jargon when a real world answer is sought by a non christian. Until god decides to step out of the shadow of life and reveal it's identity to whisk away all doubt there is questionable reason to not to accept christian faith. Thus, there will be those who find it reasonable to be anti-christian.

I believe it shall is my opinion to the thread title.

Regards,

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I feel a little sympathy for christians. Imagine growing up being taught a certain way to do things and think about everything, only to be thrown into the real world and find yourself hated by those who think they know more about you than you do, society being the negative parasite that it is. They think they can assume things about you on a personal level and wouldn't consider for a second that maybe their hive-mind scientific thinking could be false too. I've seen the way people are attacked for their beliefs, the pot calling the kettle black, BUT christians are attacked for imposing their beliefs on others (positively, i might add) while everyone else is doing it to each other all the time. Christian life is just viewed as being "more inconvenient" than average joe football and paycheck life so no one has a problem conforming to what the socialite anti-christians think. The manufactured media denial of christianity is the destruction of spirituality in some people who were raised believing they're something more. Let people believe whatever silly crap they want to believe, and co-exist in peace.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rationalgaze
Let people believe whatever silly crap they want to believe, and co-exist in peace.

I don't believe that people who practise a religion or people who live there life a certain way would think of it as silly crap, i say live and let live if some one believes in the christian religion and live there lives as good people im happy for them and wish them the best in there life. personally i think Christians get flak for certain way the hierarchy run the religion like donating to the church when the church in its self sit on all the wealth and do nothing with it like pay off the third world debt at the end of the day they should practise what they preach. But at the end of the day there religion gives them the faith to go through life enjoying it and finding comfort when things are hard, But if there is a god i don't think hes too worried if people don't believe in him as long as the live there lives in a good way and get along with others after all as the bible teaches he gave man free will. when i die as-long as i lived my life as a good person, enjoyed it and taught my children to be good people ill die content and at peace.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rationalgaze

i can understand your opinion-----myself i was born into a house where both my parents hated G-D as did my relatives have no time to figure out why they were alive----i'm greatful that G-D----took the time to give me a purpose to continue living------and yes the churches that profess to be G-Ds aren't helping matters much------there is a Creator G-D but until you feel compelled to be seeking Them-----you more than likely will be left to wonder why your alive.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by u4ria

I added in "silly crap" as a jab at stuff like Scientology, not directed at Christians. Just to make that clear.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rationalgaze
reply to post by u4ria

I added in "silly crap" as a jab at stuff like Scientology, not directed at Christians. Just to make that clear.

Don't know much about Scientology so i cant comment but when talking about silly crap the first thing that came to mind was things like the jedi religion and Flying Spaghetti Monster.

[edit on 20-11-2007 by u4ria]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Isn't it self evident the role of control and manipulation, Religions play in our world. I'm sorry but i don't see the problem here.
What is more disimpowering than believe systems? Time to let go and go with direct experience. Seems obvious to me. - cpNJ

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join