It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS becoming Increasingly Anti-Christian?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Now, before I begin, I must say that of all of the world's religions, I have become the most critical of Islam and Christianity sense 9/11. I have even posted my own thread explaining my thoughts and beliefs in regards to these two religions, here:

The Islamic and christian Attempt To Rule The World

Now, while whether I am Christian can and probably should be debated, two things are a fact, I am not athiest and am very spiritual. However, spirituality should never be confused with religion. They are not one and the same, though many wouyld argue that they are.

However, I have noticed that almost every other thread here at ATS is either an anti-Christian one, or soon devolves into one. Of course, there are certain posters, not naming any names for they should know who they are, who can only relate to any topic by inserting an anti-Christian comment into a thread.

I think one of the things that is hurting the Christian agenda is their, in my opinion, radical right fundamentalists. Some of these people seem almost on the same par as the radical Islamists who go around screaming "Allah Akbar" just before they explode themselves in a mall area killing twenty other people with them.

In a world that has become increasingly materialistic, it would seem that some of us, perhaps even myself, are scapegoating. Now, with that being said, I stand by my previous thread about the "war on terrorism" being nothing less than a renewed crusade by the two Abrahamic religions to try and re-instate perceived loss of power. My stance is not likely to change on that issue. I think the facts speak for themself.

When I look at the world today and I see such things on the news such as the Finnish shooter who had some very Darwinistic, athiestic views, I have to ask myself what is really going on. Why is it that we scapegoat certain groups when the problems seem to flood into so many different aspects of society?

Yet, when you bring up the fact that Darwinistic, atheistic mentalities are just as harmful as overly religious ones, there is a mad rush to defend atheism... Why? Can anyone expediently explain that anomaly to me?

It may surprise some of the Christians here that I am, in a sense, coming to their defense. However, it shouldn't. Anyone who follows my posts knows that I am a believer in Jesus Christ, though, not a mainstream believer.

I guess my whole point is that I am starting to get weary of seeing the same tired, anti-Christian threads here. If you want to make derogatory comments about Christianity, why not revitalize a thread that is already existant on the topic? There certainly is no shortage of them here at ATS.

[edit on 19-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Maybe because christians have a tendency to nudge things just a little out of proportion, possibly for attention. Judeo-christianity is a mind-control tool used for centuries, nay, thousands of years by atonists. The further I distance myself from christian morals and goals, the more cleansed I feel spiritually. It's an open path, there is no trail guide. The bible is here to strike fear of hell into your heart so you act accordingly in society and don't free your mind too much. Can't stand to think of anything besides a glowing light, purifying all... Must not admit the existence of darkness.. Crazy, right?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

I think one of the things that is hurting the Christian agenda is their, in my opinion, radical right fundamentalists. Some of these people seem almost on the same par as the radical Islamists who go around screaming "Allah Akbar" just before they explode themselves in a mall area killing twenty other people with them.

To me the very fact that they have a agenda, is what bothers me, they wish to legislate their faith, to enforce their beliefs on those that don't follow their path. I agree that the radical right fundamentalists are every bit as dangerous as radical Islamics.

In a world that has become increasingly materialistic, it would seem that some of us, perhaps even myself, are scapegoating. Now, with that being said, I stand by my previous thread about the "war on terrorism" being nothing less than a renewed crusade by the two Abrahamic religions to try and re-instate perceived loss of power. My stance is not likely to change on that issue. I think the facts speak for themself.

Yup You are right here!

When I look at the world today and I see such things on the news such as the Finnish shooter who had some very Darwinistic, athiestic views, I have to ask myself what is really going on. Why is it that we scapegoat certain groups when the problems seem to flood into so many different aspects of society?

People commit bad crimes, whether they are atheist or follow a religion, what ever their belief is they are still human, and sometimes humans do really bad things.

Yet, when you bring up the fact that Darwinistic, athiestic mentalities are just as harmful as overly religious ones, there is a mad rush to defend athiesm... Why? Can anyone expediently explain that anomaly to me?

The same goes for any religion, or belief system. I haven't noticed anyone rushing to defend atheisms more than to rush to defend ones religious beliefs.

It may surprise some of the Christians here that I am, in a sense, coming to their defense. However, it shouldn't. Anyone who follows my posts knows that I am a believer in Jesus Christ, though, not a mainstream believer.

I guess my whole point is that I am starting to get weary of seeing the same tired, anti-Christian threads here. If you want to make derogatory comments about Christianity, why not revitalize a thread that is already existant on the topic? There certainly is no shortage of them here at ATS.

I'm a author of some of these threads, and I don't have any problems with bashing religion. They reap what they sow, and they have been sowing for around 2000 years.

[edit on 19-11-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rationalgaze
Maybe because christians have a tendency to nudge things just a little out of proportion, possibly for attention. Judeo-christianity is a mind-control tool used for centuries, nay, thousands of years by atonists. The further I distance myself from christian morals and goals, the more cleansed I feel spiritually. It's an open path, there is no trail guide. The bible is here to strike fear of hell into your heart so you act accordingly in society and don't free your mind too much. Crazy, right?

Not crazy at all. As a matter of fact, I'd venture to say that you and I would get along just fine.
You actually sound a lot like me. You haven't been here long enough to know what I mean, you'll see in time.
God bless.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Thanks for the warm response. Wasn't expecting it, but being surprised is never bad.

When I was growing up, church was a choice. I simply chose not to seek spiritual enlightenment when it was open to me and instead explored and learned about everything around me, things that I could actually interpret and sense around me. I recently reached a point where my understanding of matter isn't enough (not to say it isn't still blooming and I learn something new every single day) and i've tapped into spirituality through the same learning procedure i've used my whole life: shut up and listen. When you feel you know the truth about everything, you stop searching. Most people I've met who are christians seem to put themselves on this spirtual pedestal and it just makes them look ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Dear SpeakerOfTruth,

I must admit I don't quite get your point here... There are many threads on the ATS that are "against" something... Govt conspiracy, NWO, islamic fund., NASA coverup, and sale of advanced weaponry to Israel.

If you are the spiritual person you are saying you are, why does it bother you that there is a barb or two against Christianity here? Look, things wre much harder in Jesus' times
The ATS is the least of my problems in terms of me following the Christian path.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
If you are the spiritual person you are saying you are, why does it bother you that there is a barb or two against Christianity here?

A barb or two? Let me do a search for you here at aTS. Now, let me remind you, this is just a minute list of the anti-Christian threads here at ATS...

Christianty, anti-Christ religion

Christianity, Egyptian myth

Christianity Exposed

Christianity is a virus

Still sticking by your "A barb or two" statement?

Anyway, my point is that these are all very good threads and ones that address just about any and everything someone might one to say against Christianity, so why not do it on the allotted threads rather than start a new one degrading the religion? By the way, I don't have the space nore the time to look up all of the anti-Christian threads here at ATS... I'd be here for days listing them.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
yes, because atheists keep making rebuttals to threads like
"The fool says in his heart "there is no God" "
"Using Logic and critical thinking, I can prove the existence of GOD."

and we keep voicing our opinions...
it's "anti-christian"

there's actually a thread you could have this discussion in, it's called "The Anti-Christian Conspiracy"

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

there's actually a thread you could have this discussion in, it's called "The Anti-Christian Conspiracy"

Aham, ahem... Please do point out where I implied that this is some sort of conspiracy...

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
There is a big difference between Christianity the religion and Christianity the Faith. In my opinion, the Religious hierachy are giving Jesus a bad name. In fact they are becoming anti-christ.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Dear SOT,

there are plenty of possibly redundant (repetitive) threads on the ATS, on any subject. It's your right to be upset with anti-Christian ones, of course. My mention of "barb or two" was more in the vein that I don't think it's of any importance. We already are immersed in a world that's in fact deeply materialistic, un-spiritual and un-christian, despite the absurd attention some people pay to gay marriage and all that. Being stuck as we are, I'm just too busy to worry about somebody venting their anti-christian ideas on another forum.

peace.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Deesell, I will have to agree with you. Too many think that being a Christian is a matter of practicing a religion, when in fact, I'd argue it's not. It is more about the way a person lives his/her life...

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Deesell, I will have to agree with you. Too many think that being a Christian is a matter of practicing a religion, when in fact, I'd argue it's not. It is more about the way a person lives his/her life...

I would say that it is indistinguishable between the way a spiritual person lives and a practicing atheist. I would say it is more about what you believe on the inside, that which you cannot see.

It is no longer reasonable to think that people who live a wholesome life are any better than someone else in God's eyes, for God made both good and evil.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Who ever said that ATS had anything to do with Christianity in the first place?? There are alot of us here who could care less about Christianity and its presence in this forum....

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
I would say that it is indistinguishable between the way a spiritual person lives and a practicing atheist. I would say it is more about what you believe on the inside, that which you cannot see.

Generally, what you believe on the inside is reflected by the way you live outwardly. Now, granted that there are atheists who live a life as moral, or, yes, even in some instances more morally than a spiritual person. However, not without a moral upbringing. Given that morality is an attribute of spirituality and not one of believing that one can do as one damn well pleases without consequence, I'd say that even the moral atheist has some form of spirituality which resides within his/her being, regardless of their conscious "awareness" of such.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by luxor311

Firstly, it's couldn't care less, not "could care less." Sorry, that just irritates me to no end.

Anyway, I make no refernce to this being a "Christian site." I just find it odd that Christianity is open game for criticism, yet, when atheism or the materialistic mindset is attacked, everyone here seems to make a mad rush dash to defend its "honor."

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Luxor, I have a question for you. If some people here couldn't care less about Christians being on this site, why is it that those people always post on threads dealing with spiritual or religious issues? I mean, since atheists don't care about spiritual people being on this forum, why do they continuously feel the need to make comments on spiritual and religious related threads? Your comment really doesn't make any logistical sense at all and is quite contrary to what takes place here on this forum.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

reply to post by luxor311

Firstly, it's couldn't care less, not "could care less." Sorry, that just irritates me to no end.

Anyway, I make no refernce to this being a "Christian site." I just find it odd that Christianity is open game for criticism, yet, when atheism or the materialistic mindset is attacked, everyone here seems to make a mad rush dash to defend its "honor."

Actually your wrong brain box, it can be used both ways "couldn't" or "could not" either way is acceptable and please dont tell me you are an english teacher.

First off, you do make a reference to Christianity in the thread heading by saying
"anti Christian". That shows a bias right off the bat. It also shows that your a Christian. Please explain the term "material mindset" as opposed to a perhaps more superior mindset? and what would that be?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Luxor, I have a question for you. If some people here couldn't care less about Christians being on this site, why is it that those people always post on threads dealing with spiritual or religious issues? I mean, since atheists don't care about spiritual people being on this forum, why do they continuously feel the need to make comments on spiritual and religious related threads? Your comment really doesn't make any logistical sense at all and is quite contrary to what takes place here on this forum.

Ill turn the tables on you, and ask you this question. What if you were a Jew and had Christianity shoved down your throat by basic brainwashed fanaticism and ignorance...wouldn't you stand your ground? and make your voice be heard? Who ever said I was an atheist?

[edit on 19-11-2007 by luxor311]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Uh, excuse me. You didn't say "could not care less." You said, "Could care less..."

Originally posted by Luxor
There are alot of us here who could care less about Christianity and its presence in this forum....

That,my friend, is not grammatically correct. "Brain box."

But, that is way off the topic

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join