It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why cant I login EVER!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I cannot log in to PTS or BTS ever it just sends me back to the same login screen ?
I add my correct User Name and Password? but it doesn't jive?

Any help would be appreciated as I am getting so frustrated at this non sense!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The most likely answer is that, for some reason, your browser is not accepting cookies from those domains (based on the description you provided).

We have seen a similar symptom in some members with abnormally high security who forget to allow cookies on our other domains.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by seridium

Try changing browser, or add abovetopsecret.com to trusted zones. Or enabling cookies.

Please excuse the one-liner. Just had the same problem some time ago after re-installing Windows and it is solved now.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Well I have added ATS PTS BTS all to my allowed exceptions cookies allowed in firefox and IE and still I cannot login to PTS OR BTS?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by seridium

In IE, try the following:

Browser Settings / Safety and Security / [Other...] / Level should be set to the lowest.

...then Trusted Zones / [Other...] / Level - lowest

..and Cofidentiality Settings set slider to "Accept and allow all cookies".

If this does not help - then it's ISP problems. Just don't forget to increase the level of security once you get it working.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Also you may need to check your time/date/timezone, these being incorrect will cause problems with secured websites.
Also if your own security such as Nortons, Mcafee or PC Cillin are set up too stringent it may cause problems with logining into sites especially if phishing is on.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
thanks for the advice but it must be something to do with my ISP, all security settings have been dropped to lowest I reformatted my Pc tried on my laptop and still no BTS or PTS

try try again I guess lol

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Like SO said: Check the time and date! This happened to me yesterday. I had used the date calendar to check a date next April and forgot to set it back. Suddenly I had to login everywhere and ATS simply would not allow me to login. I thought I had a virus, did all the usual. I figured I hadn't PO'd SO this week anyway, so there was no reason for this, THEN remembered I had changed the date. I switched it back to normal and everything started working again.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I had the same problem in the past with Internet Explorer. I tried all the suggestions offered above.
I uninstalled it and reinsalled it, but still could not log in.

I finally listened to some excellent advice and installed Firefox Browser.
It is excellent. I will never go back to Internet Explorer.

Here is my thread about it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-11-2007 by Sparky63]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
You may have a corrupt cookie. Delete the cookies in question (or ALL of your cookies) and try again.

WARNING : If you delete all of your cookies you'll likely be logged out of EVERY SITE you're auto logged into.

new topics

top topics

join