It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian leader dismisses US currency,calling the currency "a worthless piece of paper

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Any one can print money... just get people to accept it.
OK, now here is how we do it.
We have these big guns, OK.
IRAN takes our money as we show them our big guns.
I am sure you follow what happens next.
Sure it worthless.
So has every conquered peoples currency to the conquerer.
Its take my money or else.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Herman
You do realize that you could say exactly what you just said in the U.S without getting penalized, right? Do you know anything about our country?

I hope that was sarcasm.....

As I have heard several stories of people who've been arrested for posting against Bush on message boards, to Alex Jones being arrested for trying to ask Bush a question..

At least here in the UK, we can throw eggs, get into fights and generally harangue our Politicians without fear of arrest....

Can you provide me with any proof that people are being arrested for posting things of that nature on message boards? Yes, if somebody threatened the president's life on a message board, they could be arrested, and rightfully so. But talking about wanting to wipe yourself with a picture of Bush is not grounds to be arrested. Immature, yes, but not an arrestable offense. These are sensationalist exaggerations. People are not being picked up off the street for disagreeing with Bush, this is not a police state. A lot of it is paranoia; a lot of it is people just wanting to stir up excitement. The real world equivalent of highschool drama.

Now, back to the real issue - the declining rate of the dollar. That's something we should really be worried about.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Can you provide me with any proof that people are being arrested for posting things of that nature on message boards?

I was actually told that by another member here who knew of 3 people who, after criticising Bush on message boards, where paid a visit by the FBI. I shall look the member up and ask him for details.

People are not being picked up off the street for disagreeing with Bush, this is not a police state. A lot of it is paranoia; a lot of it is people just wanting to stir up excitement.

I do believe they are:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

In fact, let me just post the google search I did instead, rather than me post link after link:

Google

Now, back to the real issue - the declining rate of the dollar. That's something we should really be worried about.

Indeed.... Now back to our regular programming...

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I really feel like all those countries who feel our Dollar is worthless would either 1. stop accepting so much money from us (financial aide) and 2. I wish we would stop sending so much dang money to other countries. Keep it here.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Those people were NOT arrested for being anti-Bush. LMAO

They were arrested for:

Police took the demonstrators into custody after they knelt on the sidewalk in an act of civil disobedience at the rally

CRAWFORD, Texas - A dozen war protesters, including Daniel Ellsberg, were arrested Wednesday for setting up camp near President Bush’s ranch in defiance of new local bans on roadside camping and parking.....county commissioners banned camping in any county ditch and parking within 7 miles of the ranch, citing safety and traffic congestion issues..

Sorry, but here, we are still alowed to voice our opinion on who is in office.

I lived in the DC area for a long time. I can tell you first hand that sometimes these "protestors" can be a real pain in the arse no matter what they are protesting. They get in the way of people trying to live their life and can just be annoying as heck. Not all, but many.

****edited to take out lines about message board posting

[edit on 20-11-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Learn to read, greeneyes, as I didn't say they were arrested for posting on message boards...

Nice try though...

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I can read just fine

I misinterrupted the flow in your response - one line. Simple mistake.
No need to be rude.

I fixed it and still stand by the rest of what I wrote.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
George Carlin - Corporations Own America

Even that goof comedian knows who owns America.

Banksters own us, the 13 banking families of the Illuminati.
To own the world they need to pick up IRAN.

They own us the UFOs and the Aliens.
Oops Aliens don't exist, so they own the Alien stories and hide behind them
because they stole the Tesla UFO and his atomic electrical generators.

Gold is nothing compared to energy.
They have both anyway.
Economies thrive on transfer of goods.

If IRAN don't play nice, they will get some goods transfered.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Actually that is the only way that our government can bride into acceptance many countries in the world . . . with incentives in the form of aid, funny but as the dollar keeps falling down so the luring incentives and aid.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
My question is, how long will it be before more and more countries jump onto the Iranian and Venezuelan band wagons. "They" say that Saudi Arabia is our most important ally when it comes to the oil industry, yet "they" also say terrorists have been harbored there. Which one is it? Personally, I think the Saudis will look out for there best interests when it comes down to it? Last time I looked, our foreign relations weren't going to well.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
The real shame is, most Americans don't even seem to realize this.

Shhh. Don't tell them. That's the only reason it's worth anything. Faith.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

HA! Little does he know we do not print our currency on paper, but rather cotton!

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I do believe they are:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

In fact, let me just post the google search I did instead, rather than me post link after link:

Google

The funny thing is that we don't know the entire story behind any of these. Yes, anti-Bush protesters can be arrested if they're doing something illegal. And what were the people contacted by the FBI talking about? Were they threatening Bush or "wishing" him executed?

I believe a lot of people want the U.S to become a police state. I'm not sure if it's the excitement, or maybe they have something against the U.S, or maybe they just want to be proven right. One thing all of these people have in common, though, is that they tend to take information into their mind and swish it around until it fits in with their views. It's sort of that same way people who believe in UFOs will see a slight glint in the sky and immediately start shouting "See! I told you ignorant sheeple! There ARE UFOs in the sky!"

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignaciobeltran

I, personally would love to smear Bush's smirk with something cleaner and better smelling than his blatant lying!

Thank God I am not in America, and I can speak my mind, since we, here, don't have the 'right kind of democracy' like in the US.

You do realize that you could say exactly what you just said in the U.S without getting penalized, right? Do you know anything about our country?

he does not live in USA , so what should he be penalized for ,
thank God, that is still freedom in other places of the world from genocidal american imperialism

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Dump the Dollar, China State TV Tells Viewers

Chinese lunchtime television on Friday gave ordinary people a basic tip on how to play the currency markets: sell the dollar!

A state news program, quoting unnamed "wealth management experts," told residents with dollar accounts on the mainland to convert their holdings into yuan or a range of other foreign currencies, including the pound and the euro.

The prospect of ordinary Chinese ditching the dollar should be less alarming than reports that have roiled global markets of Beijing diversifying its official foreign exchange reserves.
www.cnbc.com...

seems China is warning USA to stop its military expansion and muscle flexing or else , it will start crushing american economic balls

[edit on 21-11-2007 by manson_322]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

I agree many Americans had no clue how worthless is the dollar but they are already feeling the inflation crunch at the cash registers.

It wasn't until I ordered a book in Amazon.com from UK that I realized how bad my money was it wasn't funny when my credit card was charged more than what I was counting on for the book.

It was very interesting.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Herman

Bin Laden wants us all dead.

Since he is so stupid to want that, we kill him first.

IRAN is so ignorant to want Euros, he is doing the US a favor.

Once we take over IRAN, we got a whole bunch of gold backed Euros.

Illuminati planing directors take heed.

Your welcome.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
reply to post by Herman

Since he is so stupid to want that, we kill him first.

IRAN is so ignorant to want Euros, he is doing the US a favor.

Once we take over IRAN, we got a whole bunch of gold backed Euros.

Illuminati planing directors take heed.

Your welcome.

Illuminati ??

aren't the Bin Laden and Bush families friends ??

[edit on 21-11-2007 by manson_322]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

Actually they were business partners at Bush Daddy's firm when he was in charge of the Carlyle group.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322
he does not live in USA , so what should he be penalized for ,
thank God, that is still freedom in other places of the world from genocidal american imperialism

First, study some sentence structure and realize what I actually said, then maybe you can come up with a decent response. You should also quit with the outrageous exaggerations. People don't respect what you say as much when you just start throwing out terms for emotional impact.

Second, you put my name in TeslaandLyne's quote box. You might want to fix that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join