It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A letter from Greer to Symington

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
www.disclosureproject.org...

A short read....

Any thougts about this?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It's a good argument that this group should join the DP. On the flipside, one could argue that the DP's continued inability to secure the kind of public hearing it is seeking suggests an alternative panel might be favorable.

His letter had good points. If I had to choose between either of the aforementioned options, I would wish them to join the Disclosure Project. The more, the merrier. I would like to believe, I really would, that one day Dr. Greer's efforts will be awarded the attention by our government that he is pursuing.

But that last line rather contradicts itself in a way, doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaurouge

The more, the merrier.

The more the merrier indeed. I hope that more groups will step up and keep the pressure and momentum going.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Interesting how Greer's letter to Symington gets the press, after all Greer turned me off because of his secrecy. Maybe they could both mutually benefit from one another.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Like no one saw this coming. Greer's been overshadowed (at least for the time being in this instance). Maybe if he'd not made a fool of himself his DP would have had lasting effect.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hey there,
I was just curious, since I'm not terribly familiar with Dr. Greer on a personal level, how would you say he had made a fool of himself? Was there a particular event of set of events, a quote, etc?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by eaurouge

I wish I had one specific event, but unfortunately it's many more. He's made some extraordinarily outlandish claims with no evidence (which he claims to have but cant reveal). The most recent I heard personally from his mouth was that his group had remains of a crashed alien device, and that he also had photos (legitimate ones so he claimed) of an alien baby. Of course no tangible evidence was ever shown (and most likely never will be).

During the event I saw him at, that was hardly the least of the wild claims he made. I have no issue with bizarre accounts people might want to talk about, but this guy is always claiming to have the answers/proof/video/photos...etc.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Thanks for replying... I sympathize with the frustration of "extreme" claims with supposed physical evidence, and nothing shows up. Sometimes I wonder if these people aren't close enough to their sources to establish a little more credibility from them before speaking out on their behalf.

The other thing that bothers me about Dr. Greer is his insistence that everything "out there" is essentially warm and fuzzy to us. He leads people out in groups to have "contact" and it left me wondering... what if, one day, he attracts the wrong company for a "visit." Maybe then he can have a neat slideshow where half is group is shown entering a craft and never returning. It drives me nuts when people get that detailed into their research and then blissfully dismiss nearly all civilian contactee/abductee accounts, casually labeling them as nothing more than "delusion" or "covert CIA strategies acting as a scare tactic." I don't doubt some mutilations and abductions are staged, but, come on... ya know, all of them?

Oye... someone give Dr. Greer the phone number for Dr. Boylan... I think we've found a "match." haha

[edit on 19-11-2007 by eaurouge]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaurouge
It drives me nuts when people get that detailed into their research and then blissfully dismiss nearly all civilian contactee/abductee accounts, casually labeling them as nothing more than "delusion" or "covert CIA strategies acting as a scare tactic." I don't doubt some mutilations and abductions are staged, but, come on... ya know, all of them?

Personally, i think it's more believable that every horrific type abduction and every mutilation is staged by this quasi-government group of people pulling all the strings when it comes to world issues than it is to say that a race of people who can defy the most advanced physics known to man, who can blink in and out of our reality in an instant, who can seemingly traverse at near light speeds across the landscape, and remotely shut down multiple nuclear missile installations need to cut holes in our cows, and probe our orifices in hopes of creating a genetically superior them or us because they are either dying off or want to experience human emotions.
Yes, i do believe that probably every single mutilation and traumatizing abduction is probably performed by human beings originating from this planet. It honestly makes much more sense. Come on, humans are already toying with creating apples out of thin air with nano machines that can manipulate at the atom level, and transporting solid matter from one laboratory to another. Star Trek is becoming reality here already. Do you really, honestly believe that a race of people that are surely atleast thousands of years ahead of us would need to cut or extract anything from any animal or human being to reach their goals? I think not. If they really needed to extract anything, i'm quite sure they have the technology to do it remotely, subtly, and in small amounts so as to not even cause the slightest suspicion of any sort of activity going on at all. Not to mention, i highly doubt anyone that is so far evolved past human beings wouldn't be very enlightened. They would have solved these petty genetic problems long ago, and it wouldn't even be in their nature to be malicious. They would be far past it, and i think that is a natural progression in the process of evolution at that level. Personally, i think anyone who believes in aliens performing abductions and mutilations have been duped.
As for the abductees, they believe what they experience. I would too if i didn't know what i do after reading and doing research on all this. They remember an alien abducting them, so that's what they believe. That doesn't mean that's the reality of it all. For me, if a traumatizing abduction would ever occur, i don't care how real it may seem to me, i'm going to lean far towards it being a staged event, whether that involves mutated, programmed clones, or implanted memories. After all, if you're going to believe you've been abducted by aliens, then it isn't far fetched for you to consider the possibility that those aliens are not aliens at all.

[edit on 19-11-2007 by spacemanjupiter]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Interesting response, as it sounds to me like you are again echoing similar sentiments to one of my friends. The more I consider that viewpoint, the more it sounds to me like the deifying of all aliens. "Surely, if they are that advanced, they wouldn't (need to) be harassing us in such a gruesome manner." It is the kind of thinking which suggests these beings, because they have mastered certain areas of science far more comprehensively than we have, or believe we have, must have mastered all areas of science to a similar degree, and in the process, grown effectively benevolent and good natured. A nice thought, but one I'm afraid I cannot subscribe to. Considering how rapidly advanced we are becoming in so many areas, our nature seems to be failing to "catch up" to our knowledge. Perhaps a gruesome example would be, we don't kill each other with swords anymore, because we've figured out a way to do the job far more efficiently.

Thank you for your response. (And even though I dismiss certain viewpoints in favor of others, I keep them in the back of my mind... a sort of never-say-never philosophy, perhaps. You never know what else might come along.)

new topics

top topics

join