It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark plan from top Moon man on Svalbard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Noah's Ark plan from top Moon man on Svalbard

news.bbc.co.uk

The final design for a "doomsday" vault that will house seeds from all known varieties of food crops has been unveiled by the Norwegian government.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www1.vg.no
news.bbc.co.uk
en.wikipedia.org

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Now, I know somethig on this Svalbard thing has been posted on here a while ago, but I thought I'd try to connect a couple of dots here with the help of you. It seems that this Dr. Bernard Foing is a rather busy man, I did a quick wikipedia on him and came found a lot of goodies that may be of interest to some of you.

What do you think of this Dr. Bernard Foing guy?
Is this doomsday vault a start/pioneer mission to pave the way for western(ESA/NASA) colonization of the moon?
Please post pictures that relate to these topics as I'm new here ang havent't figured out how get pics on here

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Pictures:

Schematics:

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It's funny how they first say that the vault will contain seeds, and later they expand to wast specters of DNA material... In addition to this the project is directly linked to this organization: The Global Crop Diversity Trust

Full wikipedia article:
Svalbard doomsday vault

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Cool thread, nobel!

(pun intended)

sorry, I cracked the same stupid "joke" over here on this thread on the same subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Thanks for the pics and links though!

BTW, check out John Lear's forum, according to him, there's been a human presence on the moon since the 60's, no kidding!

See ya there!

[edit on 18-11-2007 by goosdawg]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hey man, no prob

I'm new here so a couple of beginners mistakes are bound to happen. But I'll come back stronger

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Hey, we were all noobs once!

Welcome to ATS!

It just keeps gettin' better!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nobel

Well first off, I'd like to be the second person to welcome you aboard!! ATS will become a home away from home to you if you let it. Feel free to ask me any questions that you may have, as I can answer most of them. If I can't, I'll find the answer, or I'll send word to the proper person that can help you.

As per the thread however, I think that this idea merits some serious consideration. To keep things like this locked up in a repository for in the event of a global catastrophe is a good idea, because it will allow us to rebuild once the threat has abided. All the way around, I like the idea.

Starred and Flagged. GOOD POST!!!

TheBorg

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It seems the cooling down has began in the past day 16. Take a look at the pdf file about it:

www.croptrust.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
thanks for the welcome and positive review borg

Furthermore I agree that this could be a good thing. What i'm sceptic about is the agenda of the Crop Trust
Here's an exerpt from their intro on the homepage:
- "there are more than 100,000 varieties of rice alone. It provides the natural, biological basis of our ability to grow the food required today, as well as to meet the challenges of population growth, changing climates and constantly evolving pests and diseases."

As you look through history it becomes apparent that governments and gov.linked organizations are the last to jump in on urgent world issues. This just makes it scarier to me as this could mean that we-read human kind- already are in serious trouble or will be in a short time.

new topics

top topics

join