It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Santas Asked Not to 'Ho Ho Ho'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
all christmas is, is about spending money.
simple as that

Yeah, money you won't make until next year sometime!

Can we make this the official grousing-about-this-whole-stupid-holidaze-thing thread?

Or not...

Oops, on topic, an actor friend of mine, named Rock (really!)(no, not THAT "The Rock") was, way back in the day, a dept. store santa....um...he hated it, didn't much care for getting peed-on.

But he went Ho Ho Ho!

And hit on the single moms.

True story!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
you know that is actually a pretty good idea. It's probably hard for the single moms to reject such a jolly fat guy like Santa.

Santa Clause: Don't do it for the kids, do it to do their moms!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Just another sign that society is going down the drain!

I remmeber reading not long ago about schools banning chasey, because a kid got hurt.

Jesus...

We are setting ourselves up to be complete sissy's.

IF you chose to be a prostitute, thats your decision to throw away morals, decency and self respect.

Dont ruin something thats been around for decades/centuries simply because you feel ashamed of your chosen profession!

If santa jumped up, pointed his finger and screamed ' ho ho ho ' when a hooker walks past, fair enough..

but when he's saying it quietly to kids for the joy of xmas?

Thats a bit over board.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
As a former trans-gendered department store Santa Claus who got the job through affirmative action in San Francisco after my short time in the Federal penitentiary, I can't see what the hub-bub is all about!

What the hell is Santa supposed to say? Hey-Hey-HEY!??? That won't work for anyone that has ever seen an episode of Fat Albert.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I read about this the other day in The Courier Mail (a Queensland newspaper) and just couldn't believe it. I can't even imagine the type of up-tight and brain dead people that came up with this joke.

I also read that nativity scenes aren't encouraged anymore, even on christmas cards, and children in pre-schools are being cautioned to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Happy Christmas", as it may offend people of different faiths.

Absolutely. Ridiculous.

I believe that if they continue down this path of silly over the top political correctness then Christmas just won't have a chance. It will never be like the good ol' days again. (Despite the fact I'm only 21)

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Ha Ha Ha

Next thing you'll know, Santa won't be big any more because bad influence for 'health'. Can you imagine a skinny santa?

Ha Ha Ha

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AncientVoid
Next thing you'll know, Santa won't be big any more because bad influence for 'health'. Can you imagine a skinny santa?

They would die off quickly because the layer of insulating fat is a necessity in the arctic cold, rather like the fat a walrus or polar bear has.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Dear P.C. Secret Police:

I have a dilema. I want to be able to work in my vegetable garden without offending anyone. Please advise me as to what I should be calling this implement:

I await your reply (planting season is in April.)

Thank You,
Soylent.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Why it is a cangkul as the image states, of chourse !!

Otherwise known as the ground spoon.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I read about this last night and whoever I told looked at me crazy. I
m sort of suprised something this stupid didn't arise in the news a long time ago. The continued de-sensitization with such miniscule and un-important ideas, such as santa's HO ho ho....is slowly turning any creative or imaginatory ideas/thoughts into those of cardboard zombies. And honestly, what is it going to accomplish? Nothing. So if Ho Ho Ho is outlawed, are all the songs, holiday attire and past decorations going to be a threat too?

I really shake my head at this sort of absolute nonsense that concerns some people other than much larger and important subjects like the state of Austrailia. I wonder if the douche nozzle that began this rediculous quest against the ho ho ho realizes that his government is slowly killing him.

Just because that person does not agree with santa saying "ho ho ho" does not mean that everyone else would like it to change.

peace

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The way I see it: You have to have your mind in the wrong places to really conceive the idea that "ho ho ho" is a derogatory phrase against women. I mean seriously, who in the spirit of Christmas thinks that Santa MUST be ill-intentioned because of "ho ho ho"? I don't know how "ho ho ho" could scare kids. It never scared me. It's more frightening to think of a giant bunny hiding eggs on Easter, or a tooth fairy breaking into your room and stealing your teeth. But "ho ho ho"? Give me a break. These people are unhappy, and will find anything to complain about.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Up on the rooftop reindeer pause - Out jumps good old Santa Clause
Down thru the chimney with lots of toys - All for the little ones Christmas joys-

( Chorus )

HA, HA, HA! Ho burned her bra! - HA, HA, HA! Jumps in a car!
Down to the liquor store- Quick, quick quick-

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS makes me sick!

If you think that's bad, then take a look at this story;

Winchester - Bowing to parental heat, the principal of McCall Middle School canceled a seventh-grade field trip to see a live performance of “Miracle on 34th Street.”
“Recently, I was asked why the entire seventh-grade is planning to participate in a field trip on Dec. 19 to see a live performance of ‘Miracle on 34th Street’ at the Stoneham Theatre when the basic theme is objectionable to some members of our McCall Middle School seventh-grade community,” wrote Principal Evander French Jr. in an email to the parents of his student.

It's not the complaint that bothers me. It's the fact that the principal caved when he should have politely told the troubled party(s) to KEEP THEIR KID HOME THAT DAY & DON"T SPOIL IT FOR THE REST!

What a joke!

2PacSade-

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hmmm, what's the story here - I already posted this last week here.

I can feel a rant coming on

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

It is my understanding that similar threads may coexist on the different domains simultaneously.

You might note that another thread on this topic in this forum has been closed.

www.abovepolitics.com...

You will find the Rant Forum here.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 2007/11/19 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This really has to be a wake up call to the rest of the world that political correctness has gone a little too far, surely????

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by earthchild

Ho Ho Ho-Boy that's one funny signature line!

Thanks for the lafs!

"You're traveling through another dimension. A twisted dimension, not only of sight and sound, but of closed-mind. A journey into a woeful land whose boundaries are that of the stunted-imagination. Next stop, The PC Zone."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join