It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird feeling when i'm about to fall asleep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hi there.

I have this strange feeling from time to time when i'm falling asleep.
As I'm almost falling asleep i suddenly wake up and it seems like i'm 'falling' back to my bed.I actually hear (or I think i hear) my bed making the noise of falling back down. I've always had this strange happenings since I can remember,but never knew what they were.

Anyone knows what is this?

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Could be an OOBE? or the start of it? (out of body experience). I don't know much about them, but sounds like that to me.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well,honestly I don't know.
It actually happens lots of times,maybe once in a week or so.
I can never remember my dreams so wouldn't know anyway.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
That would be your spirits separation attempt from your physical self. Also known as oobe. I do oobe and back in 97 I had sleep study done because I was awake when I was asleep. As I dropped into sleep I would wake up feeling as though something was trying to leave my body. At least that was what I thought till the sleep study showed I indeed was asleep. Funny thing I told the doctors I was not sleeping during the test. All I could remember while testing was I was in a dark place awake.

I learned to relax and let go.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I've been having a similar experience lately. I would be falling asleep and suddenly jerk out of it and then my whole body would vibrate.

I thought of it being an attempted automatic OOBE as well but I'm fully awake, trying to fall asleep again.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I am pretty sure it is the onset of sleep paralasys, which is a good time to atttempt an OBE if that is what you are shooting for. You may want to look into how to induce sleep paralasys and then just try it and see if it is the same thing. When I get SP, I get some strange sensations as well, but it is the noises that are strange.

It is good fun if you can get the hang of it.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Sounds like failed obe's to me also. The feeling of "falling" back into your body is common with this. I bet you also get a "whoosh" sensation also. Nothing to really be concerned about. Sounds like you have a natural give, work with it.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I believe this is a fairly common experience, I forget what the reason for it is but basically you arent actually dropped on the bed, but your body just starts moving which makes the bed move. Someone earlier said that is the beginning of sleep paralysis, so perhaps thats what it is. I'm not too familiar with OBE, some ppl said thats a good time to attempt OBE or whatever, but the phenomena of sleep paralysis itself is nothing paranormal.

new topics

top topics

join