It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22 Raptor Demonstration At Nellis AFB 2007

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
As I mentioned in my thread about the static aircraft at Nellis 2007, The flight demonstration put on by the F-22 was one of the best. I have seen Su-27's performing the Cobra at Paris and while the Russians for my money put on one of the best aerial displays in thier Flankers, the clearly held back Raptor had me stunned. I cannot even begin to imagine what it really is capable of doing if its flown all out.

Below is a series of videos I shot during the flight demo. They are not great as they were shot from a Nikon 7900 and they move around quite a bit.

www.youtube.com...
The F-22 pulls into a minimum radius turn, pulls into a verticle climb, almost stops at the peak and performs a summersault, then drops down in a controlled flat spin and recovers.

www.youtube.com...
The F-22 performs a minimum distance take off, zoom climbs, then uses its vectored thrust to flop over into level flight

www.youtube.com...
The F-22 performs an outside power loop.

[edit on 11/18/07 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I will post a few more up once I load them. I had to wait till I got to work to use the T3 line as my DSL connection at home is waaaay to creaky.

The USAF Heritige flight of an F-22, A-10, F-4, and a P-51
www.youtube.com...

The F-22 pulls up into a verticle climb, holds it, does a smersault, recovers into a right hand turn, then performs another power loop.
www.youtube.com...

The F-22 pulls into a climb, does a backwards summersault, then drops down almost flat as slews to the side. Towards the end of the video the Raptor goes out of frame because while looking up I caught the F-117 silluetted against the high clouds that had taken off earlier.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 11/18/07 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The vids are black. I cannot click on them

Is it just me?

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by x-phile
The vids are black. I cannot click on them

Is it just me?

For some reason its not working so I edited to just have the URL for now

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
AWESOME...

That was incredible, the videos were fantastic Fred!!!!

Semepr

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Thanks
I was in awe and Ive been to countless shows. The demo was much longer and having never seen the a/c in flight before I wanted to watch the majority of it rather than tape it.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

you did a good job on the video! it's to bad we have scaled back on the purchases of these aircraft. They true are a generation ahead of all other fighter/bombers in the world.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I attended the show on both days. Just posted a few pictures on my web siteNELLIS AFB AIRSHOW 2007

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ajsr71

Excellent PICS esp the raptor in full burner

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Ugh I'm jealous! Raptor was supposed to do a demo at Miramar this year and I went but the demo got canceled
I'm definitely going to March ARBs air show this year *crosses fingers* Raptor better be there

Awesome videos !!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
W O W .....!

Those were great FredT...
I'm equally jealous (as said above).. I would've loved to have been there...

Thanks so much for sharing those for all of us...!

Johnny

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Excellent!

My husband is/was a weapons loader and got to work with the F22 the past few weeks - we had a couple here for about a month.

However, they wouldnt let him take ANY pictures - due to whatever they were doing here

I actually could see it taking off from my house...but I never had my camera ready as it was zipping by.

Anyways, thanks for sharing!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

The F-22 performs a minimum distance take off, zoom climbs, then uses its vectored thrust to flop over into level flight

Unbelievable Fred. Thanks for the videos. The F-22 is the first fighter to use that thrust vector control right? Looks like they took a page out of the flying saucer handbook..

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Good pics, and movies. I still say the Flanker puts on a better show, but maybe that's just the Russian in me talking...

Originally posted by Scramjet76
Unbelievable Fred. Thanks for the videos. The F-22 is the first fighter to use that thrust vector control right? Looks like they took a page out of the flying saucer handbook..

First one to come into service with it, yes. It's not the first to have TVC, there were a couple experiments on the F-16 and F-15, I believe the F-16 variant was the F-16 VISTA and the F-15 ACTIVE (or something along the lines in that particular experimental series) had some TVC as well. It might even have been 360 on them, I can't remember which.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It's not the F 16 VISTA it was the F 16 MATV that had the TVC.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by urmomma158]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I saw the F-22 fly last month at the Holloman air show, it's an amazing piece of machinery!!!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
WOW! I've seen the F-22 on TV shows, but never did it show how maneuverable these things were, plus the stealth...Wow again. I'ld hate to be the person who would have to go up against something like that. It does kind of make me wonder what other country like Japan and China might have in there Black projects.

..and to think this is the stuff they're telling us about.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by ebe51]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkpr0

I have seen the Flankers perform at the Paris show and they do fly on the edge all of the time. They put on an incredible show. But the Raptor was clearly held back so I have to wonder how it would go if flewn like the Russians pilots

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
it was my understanding that the Harrier was the fist to use thrust vectoring. First operational unit was in 1969 i think. Predates the F-16 by a few years. The VISTA flew five times in 1992 if memory serves.

I do however understand that i'm comparing apples to oranges.

I look forward to the day we can watch the F-22 put through the extent of it's flight envolope. I love watching the test pilots here in Ft. Worth run the F-16. They always seem to twist it a little harder then the airforce pilots.

Great pics. Thanks for posting them.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Of course it is, the official Raptor demo routine was very carefully analyzed and put together. It's not like the good old days, in terms of what we did with the F-15 when it entered service. There are several reasons for this change in public policy; hence why the Raptor will not be exported and why it has not been allowed to shatter time to altitude and speed records. Believe me it would, and with a stock production version, not some specially modified airframe.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join