It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO - Possible to be beneficial? Just a thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The New World Order,

From everything I have gathered regarding the world under one government, I can obviously see the flaws in such logic - BUT, is there any way possible that a one world government could be created that would actually be beneficial for humanity and our future? I would just like to hear some thoughts on this.

The only way I could see it working would be if there was a proper system of checks and balances that is actually taken into account and enforced, as well as that the people in charge are looking out for the world as a whole instead of the rich getting richer and leaving the rest of the world to fend for itself.

If there was a movement for a one world government that actually benefits the human race as a whole, instead of stripping us of our liberties and basically only looking out for the elites - would you support it?

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Nope, there isnt. That system of checks and balances would be people, and people can be bought and bribed by rich corporations.

World Government = World Corruption and nowhere to run once the entire system becomes corrupted. Imagine it like a global USA.

[edit on 18-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Peoples [nations] are all different, that is why they have different governments and feel secure under certain types of systems. The NWO will be nothing but a forced hijacking into countries, forced law changes, forced religion perhaps.

Just imagine, Islam countries getting the laws of the US... the society will never accept it, that is why force will be used. And there is nothing good in that...

NWO is like monopoly. Monopolistic companies have always been hated...

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Very good replies! Goes along with the same way I was thinking, with world government equal to world corruption.

Also, I could never see Islamic countries under anything other then Islamic rules - if we tried to change that it would be a disaster - just look at Iraq.

I always think though - if thousands of years ago, a one world government was set up and all of the people followed it until today - do you think we would be better off?

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The only way I see a one world government as being beneficial is if there is something in the future that causes mankind to unite and do everything to better the itself. A great example of this can be seen in the Star Trek movie "First Contact". The world, if I remember correctly, was somewhat chaotic, much like what we see today. That changed when first contact with aliens was made as a result of launching a spacecraft with a warp engine, thus catching the attention of that alien race. Obviously that was fictional, but I feel that it represents a possible way for all governments, races...all people to come together and do the right thing. Then again, the corruption of man can run deep, so even such a traumatic event as alien contact may not be enough. But it's still worth thinking about.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Interesting as this is something I've been pondering and researching. It's more like moving away from Nation/state rule including gloalization and embracing OR understanding planetization.

I dig this site! noosphere.princeton.edu...

If it's been shared before sorry for the repeat...this is my first post and I haven't had a chance to read a lot of the posts, topics, etc...

MV

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Just a thought, has anyone thought that in order for mankind to achieve peace and prosperity, uniformity must be imposed? How do you think uniformity would occur? The largest Empires are always the ones with the best inventions. When people stop thinking on how there different and concentrate on something else, they are capable of magnificent feats. That being said, how and what would you do disenters?

I think a one world government is the only means for us to achieve the beyond solar exploration. As long as there is division we will waste resources.

Cheers,

Devils Advocate

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Uniformity? In what and which disguise?

GAWD, what a global way to think...are we *really* that small????

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Uniformity in that do you really need everyone living in mansions? Or if you were in charge, would you give everyone a high standard of living, or would you reward just those that benefit the world, the administration, and yourself?

Cheers,

Camain (aka devils advocate)

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I don't think any single leader could run anything fairly as long as humans are built the way they are. i think complete power corrupts ANYONE and its only a matter of time so the most obvious solution would be to have several evenly matched world powers that all keep each other in line

top topics

join