It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens of miners killed as gas explodes 1km underground

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Dozens of miners killed as gas explodes 1km underground

www.nzherald.co.nz

At least 33 miners were killed in a methane explosion at a Ukrainian colliery yesterday and the fate of dozens more is uncertain.

The BBC Online reported that the blast, caused by a build-up of methane gas, occurred more than 1km below ground in the Zasyadko mine in the eastern Donetsk region...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Wow, 33 miners found dead so far. I wonder what caused all the build up of the Methane gas? Could it possibly have been a setup? Just recently in NZ, the defense prime ministers son was killed in an ambush. Maybe this has something to do with it?

And to all who may have known these people, I am very sorry to hear about your loss.

www.nzherald.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyte Angel
Wow, 33 miners found dead so far. I wonder what caused all the build up of the Methane gas? Could it possibly have been a setup? Just recently in NZ, the defense prime ministers son was killed in an ambush. Maybe this has something to do with it?

It was in the Ukraine and was just reported by a NZ source, so quite doubtful
Sad event for the families wherever it happens though but it's no real surprise of the "where" this time, do they even have a Health & Safety department?

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Muppetus Galacticus

O thats odd, why would NZ deal with news from Ukraine, which is quite a distance away. Maybe a political scandal of some sort?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
72 are confirmed dead and 28 are still missing. President Yushchenko is expected to arrive there later today.

RussiaToday: 72 dead: Ukraine mine toll rising

Seventy two miners are now confirmed dead from a mine blast in Ukraine and authorities fear that figure will grow. Twenty eight are still missing, as the Donetsk region begins three days of mourning. Ukraine’s Prime Minister is leading an investigation into the cause.

[---]

A government commission has been set up to determine the cause. Ukraine's Prime Minister Viktor Yanukovich, as head of the commission, visited Donetsk on Sunday.

[---]

President Yushchenko is expected to arrive in the city later on Monday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Oh my, this is not going to lead to something good. Why would the Ukraine government allow people to go somewhere thats so dangerous
? It's inhumane to do such a thing.

Lets just hope that the Ukrainian government will learn from this. Maybe a positive attitude in making a better and much safer mine.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
A new explosion! Five salvage workers were killed and 66 injured in this latest blast. 101 were killed in the November 18 explosion.

Kyiv Post: 5 killed in new explosion at coal mine that was site of Ukraine's worst mining disaster

Five salvage workers looking for the bodies of miners killed in Ukraine's worst mine explosion since the Soviet collapse were killed in a new explosion, officials said Monday.

The blast late Sunday was the third at the massive Zasyadko mine in the eastern city of Donetsk, where 101 miners died on Nov. 18. Marina Nikitina, a local officer with the federal industrial safety agency, said five people were killed and 66 injured in the latest incident.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

top topics

join