It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo pic. in google earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
i found this a while ago but i could only cave this as a KMZ file and it didnt work but i found out how to do it now
this to me looks like a transparent ufo but i am not sure so that is why i posted it on here to get opinions thank you

[edit on 18-11-2007 by xbrendanx]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Looks like lens flare to me. it's interesting though...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Don't call it a lense flare, call it reflection in the window. Be careful to use words whimsically, or we'll soon have another "UFO" on our desk.

I'm wondering what this picture is doing on Google Earth, though.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Nice one. What version of Google Earth are you using and what are the coordinates? Thanks.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HectorRmz
Nice one. What version of Google Earth are you using and what are the coordinates? Thanks.

i am using the latest update of google earth and the coordinates are

latitude :-47.1857°
longitude:-80.576°

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbrendanx

That takes me into the sea. ?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Originally posted by xbrendanx

That takes me into the sea. ?

first you have to click veiw then click switch to sky

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xbrendanx

I see it. Appears to be some kind of optical fault in the photograph.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
looks to me like the reflection a telescope. If you look closely at the object it has the appearance of a metal housing with glass over it (and a possible blue backing light ,I cannot remember is blue light is useful in astronomy, but I know red lights are.)

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Here's some filter magic

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DrussRob

Call me crazy, but that enhanced image almost looks like the twin towers and downtown NY if you turn it sideways

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'm with 'coven'...i suspect it is some sort of reflection of equipment in the lens of the telescope.

I remember going to my optometrist and he shined a light in my eyes and told me to look up...when I did so I could see my retina (the back of my eye) reflected off of the inside of my eyelid -- that's what I saw according to my eye doctor. I wonder if this is the same sort of thing -- i.e. the telescopic equipment reflecting off of the telescope or camera lens.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
To me the image looks like a double image imposed onto itself with a split deviation. If you look at just the one image it would appear to be a reflection in the lens of the telescope or camera, or what ever google sky uses to produce their images.

Here is also a image of the insides of the hubble telescope which I think is a match to your picture.

Source

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

Now, its funny you should say that...

because i just did almost the same thing.

got photoshop, chopped the interesting bit out, rotated it, b&w'd it, inverted it, and hey presto it looks like the internal structure of the hubble telescope!

(the OP, could always just try emailing google earth about it!! they'd probably be able to find out what it was and request a reshoot to eliminate the error!)

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Like many people said, looks like a lens flare.
However, it could also be google's way to prevent others from stealing their work. I remember they were doing that with some scans of the Earth, and some were finding 'alien cities' in some lakes as a result of this method.

As an example, here is what people were looking at in Brooks Lake, Canada:

[edit on 9-2-2008 by daniel_g]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
OOOOOH,You mean the GoogleEarth Death Star? Just machinery in the way or reflected.Resembles the shell of a telescope building.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
its only light reflected through swamp gas, theres nothing here to see!!
, seriously it a refection of the protective door of the hubble telescope on the lens of the scope, happens some times

wee mad mental

top topics

join