It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gathering proof of E.T.'s

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
i have often wondered why a concerted and well funded effort has not been made to provide evidence of E.T. existence. (example)...1. setup teams of 3, one for direct monitoring of equipment, the 2nd one for sleeping, the 3rd one for daily chores and downtime, and backup (if needed) for equipment monitoring. each with an 8 hour shift. ...2. equipment should include but not limited to, regular video, thermal and spectrometer devices, all coupled to a reliable and up-to-date recording mainframe...3. have as many 3-person teams as possible spread out to the most active areas in time intervals of one to two weeks, since food and other essential supplies should be kept to a minumum due to transportation requirements and the ease of setup. ...4. each team will report into a logistiscal coordinator on a daily basis. ...5. ATS to setup a specific page for volunteers and contact information.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
if this has been tried or considered, you would think that this would be the a better way to present evidence to the public that would be more believable. however, since i am ignorant of any such project taking place, the belief along with the publics perception tends to be one of skepticism. i must point out that i do believe in the probalbility of E.T.'s due to the massive number of solar systems similar to ours, and therefore keep an open mind.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
i am 54 and in reasonbly good health and able to participate in a project of this sort, also able to provide funding and time for my partership in a team. i live in california and i am within a days drive of nevada. anyone interested in this, please respond. oh, and no, i'm not some government agent, or whack job, just curious and i finally have the time for something like this

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Sounds like it would be a good idea, too bad I dont have the time and i'm slightly lazy.

Good luck with it to whoever starts it, if it is started.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Let's see if I'm understanding this correctly. The idea is to have several teams of three people each travel the countryside in UFO hot spots with a bunch of equipment designed to capture evidence, i.e.: proof, of ETs. These teams would deploy for one to two weeks at a time and be coordinated from a central location on a daily basis. So let's say a wave is reported here on ATS. The teams deploy to that area in an attempt to gather specific data and report back here.

Have I got that right so far? If I do I'll comment further, but I hate to take off on a tangent if I don't have the main idea right.

[edit on 11/18/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
i have often wondered why a concerted and well funded effort has not been made to provide evidence of E.T. existence. (example)...1. setup teams of 3, one for direct monitoring of equipment, the 2nd one for sleeping, the 3rd one for daily chores and downtime, and backup (if needed) for equipment monitoring. each with an 8 hour shift. ...2. equipment should include but not limited to, regular video, thermal and spectrometer devices, all coupled to a reliable and up-to-date recording mainframe...3. have as many 3-person teams as possible spread out to the most active areas in time intervals of one to two weeks, since food and other essential supplies should be kept to a minumum due to transportation requirements and the ease of setup. ...4. each team will report into a logistiscal coordinator on a daily basis. ...5. ATS to setup a specific page for volunteers and contact information.

Sounds like a great idea and I've had those types of ideas too. Why can't we have a mass of people to prove the unknown.

Not only for ETs, but Bigfoot, ghosts, and other cryptids and paranormal things. Having all of that coordination and people would be great, but it would be hard to get the peeps, money for equipment, and the man power to set up the 'gathering'.

Good luck though

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I am planning an expedition to the Baikal Lake in Siberia, Russia, a hotspot for all type of crazy phenomena. If anyone cares to join me I'll be more than glad.

Date: around the 20th of July 2008
Duration: 1 month

Contact me if you are interested in getting some, I hope, awsome footage for a documentary film. I've been scouring Google for some articles on the phenomena there, but it seems that it's not been documented yet. The russian side of the Internet has lots of articles and documentaries about Baikal.

Great thinking jimmyx...

[edit on 18/11/07 by MastaG]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
yes, but you don't have to deploy to a hot spot. to much time and money would be used. contact would be maintained between teams to see if what has been identified by one group is seen by other groups. also keeping in contact would keep coordination as far as health, safety, or any concerns that might effect one or another group

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
that sounds very interesting how much would it cost and what would you need to get into russia as far as papers and a government ok

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
that sounds very interesting how much would it cost and what would you need to get into russia as far as papers and a government ok

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Not to be a negative-nancy, but any such efforts would just be dismissed. The way I see it, there is almost always a way out of accepting reality. For example, how do I KNOW I'm really typing on a keyboard at home, and not a keypad on Neptune!? It could all be a trick in my mind... and I could make some really expansive post about this, buy it completely (in my own mind), and maybe get a few followers, etc. That said, I would hope that anyone would share what they have (or as much as they are comfortable sharing), and lucky for us, countless people have come forward and I am very thankful for that. It makes it worth sorting through all the non-sense (that every field of study is littered with).

Maybe we should make a space observation team with some other people... we'll get Richard Brandson to build us a "Virgin Space Voyager."

[edit on 18-11-2007 by eaurouge]

[edit on 18-11-2007 by eaurouge]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

you know i was thinking a similar thing earlier tonight,it could be extended onto your idea.

people could utilise cheap recording equipment such as webcams and camcorders and leave them in a position where they record the sky un attended.

software exists that can read the video for any movement/colour in which you set the parameters for detection,so software could be utilised to "tag" interesting incidents saving playback time.
it could even alert you to attend something its seeing!

i suppose its like a seti for ufo's,whilst your method is more high tech like a professional observatory.

in any case,i think networking observation is the best bet of ufo detection.

imagine if multiple sources recorded the same incident!?

[edit on 18-11-2007 by welivefortheson]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

yes, but you don't have to deploy to a hot spot. to much time and money would be used. contact would be maintained between teams to see if what has been identified by one group is seen by other groups. also keeping in contact would keep coordination as far as health, safety, or any concerns that might effect one or another group

Ehm, I was just saying, as probably there'll be some enthusiasts up in this thread

A plane ticket from your country to Russia (you can check online) and a visa as a tourist. I'd be your contact here.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
leaving digital recording hardware with the software to be activated automatically sound intrigueing and would be a great way of capturing the abnomolies, probably alot cheaper too. however leaving a device unattended could lead to sabatoge or natural occurances affecting the equipment and/or the recording itself. i just wonder why a more intensive study has not been carried out and i can now probably see why that HASN'T happened by the various posts here. thanks for letting me bounce this idea off of a few of you.... but i would still be game for some type of study like this

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
and as far as going to russia... that is a stretch, but it does sound like it would be an adventure, that's for sure...if i can't go, i envy you over there for doing the investigation on this at baikal lake make sure you write and record as much as possible and post it here or at least on some type of easily accessable web site

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
hey..wefortheson... have you ever setup something like that or knew somebody that has?

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

and as far as going to russia... that is a stretch, but it does sound like it would be an adventure, that's for sure...if i can't go, i envy you over there for doing the investigation on this at baikal lake make sure you write and record as much as possible and post it here or at least on some type of easily accessable web site

Most definately. I owe much to ATS!

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

they currently use software like that for cctv cameras.

shouldnt be to hard to make the desired software from the source code.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Like this has not been done.
Oh well here goes my negativity,
Even if you did get footage what makes you think that it would be any more credible or believable than say the other million or so pieces floating around already?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I second that. I also third it, too, because I can. Hey... people can dismiss anything as a hoax if they wish, so trying to establish credibility, regardless of your credentials, seems nearly impossible (particularly with this subject matter). Doesn't make it not worth the effort, but trying to convince the world? Ooch aye the nooo... good luck, mate. We can't even convince everyone the earth rotates around the sun, not vice versa.

Aliens could land on earth in mass and there would still be that group convinced it was "just CIA operatives in disguise and they're coming to take away our guns."

I'm going to fourth it, as well. Ha!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join