It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Global Warming Bring Nations Together?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I don’t think there’s any argument about Global Warming being a terrifically important issue. (Is there anyone that disagrees with this, even President Bush has seen the light somewhat.) Just today, a UN panel issued “Dire Warning” to the world about global warming having devastating impact on parts of the world in less than 15 years causing irreversible destruction, death and even ultimately extinction of some species.

Meanwhile, right now in the United States campaigning for presidential elections next year are in full force. I think this should be one of the most important if not THE most important topic people should be asking candidates. Yes, maybe even moreso than “getting our troops home”. And certainly moreso than which candidate has the “best religion” and will make sure Gay’s don’t get the right to marry. Yet, this is all we hear about now. Iraq (yes, very important) and domestic ‘immediate-gratification’ issues are the fore-runners right now. As Republicans are becoming increasingly vocal now, the religious issues are getting more press too.

The global warming issue is so far down the importance list that it doesn’t get the attention it requires. It’s amazing. What kind of devastation needs to happen before we come together and face the problem head-on? Some say it’s already too late but I say if we act NOW, and I mean RIGHT NOW, we can make a difference. I'm not saying we can turn back time and make everything perfect again, but we can lessen the forecoming blow. I think, as citizens of the world, we need to demand more attention be brought to this dire subject. And countries will start working together to solve the issue. When we’re faced with a common threat, humans band together and face the threat headon, putting our differences aside. With this kind of common goal, who knows what healing can occur between nations as we work together to save the planet.

join