It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion scholars meet Flying Spaghetti Monster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Religion scholars meet Flying Spaghetti Monster

www.nctimes.com

When some of the world's leading religious scholars gather in San Diego this weekend, pasta will be on the intellectual menu. They'll be talking about a satirical pseudo-deity called the Flying Spaghetti Monster, whose growing pop culture fame gets laughs but also raises serious questions about the essence of religion.

The title: "Evolutionary Controversy and a Side of Pasta: The Flying Spaghetti Monster and the Subversive Function of Religious Parody."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Subversive Religious Parody. That about sums it up. I hope no one is actually serious about this stuff.

I've been wondering about FSM-ism for a while now. Now I see it started as a hoax during the evolution-intelligent design-creation debate in the Kansas public school system.

How apropo. At least we know for a fact that this "religion" is a hoax from the start, no doubt about it.

www.nctimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Awesome.

It was my neighbor's to the east that started it during their little anti-evolution tirade?

My first encounter with the concept was South Park: Go God Go.

Looking at the FSM wikipedia entry, they have some pretty enlightening theories.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Now there is a valid, useful, functional, correlation. Coincidence? I think not.

Maybe their mascot is a pirate because the flag of the NWO is the Skull & Bones.

There's a thought. Relevant to this discussion as any, I guess.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I left the Flying Spaghetti Monster cult when I found Raptor Jesus. Hopefully people will realize the truth ASAP......before the asteroid of doom returns.

new topics

top topics

join