It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Airport?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Byrd addressed both the Columbian and Egyptian variations of this steaming pile of hoohaw in another thread last year.

The Egyptian "model" is always shown in that one pic taken from that one angle on the pseudoscience websites and books. Another pic of the artifact was shown in that old thread, taken from another angle, clearly showing the thing was painted to resemble a bird. Similar objects can be seen in artwork from the era depicting weathervane-type bird models mounted on Egyptian boats.

This can be found at Catchpenny Mysteries of Ancient Egypt. Google it yerself.

Also in that thread was a link to the entire collection of animal and insect figurines that the couple of "delta-wing aircraft" figures should be taken into context with. The figurine that has the vertical tail - unusual for an insect, right?, is actually a depiction of a flying fish. Looks very much like one too.

Use the search function. there's nothing in this thread that hasn't been completely chewed to pieces in the past right here at ATS.

Lastly, yes, VonDaniken was convicted of embezzling the hotel where he clerked. Long ago. He came up with "Chariots of the Gods???" during his time in jail - used some of the proceeds - or maybe it was the up-front money, to pay some of his fines and legal fees.

He's also admitted, admitted, to actually forging some of his evidence. His justification was that without evidence, nobody would believe him

I might be wrong about the particular forgery, but I believe it was the Lolladorf Plate that he commissioned a potter to make and then represented it as some ancient artifact showing an alien and a flying saucer.

Google it yerself - I've provided this same info right here in this forum too many times already.

Harte

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
whoa.. Andre what do you mean we NOW have the tech to time travel?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Ive always wondered about these and have yet to make a visit there.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerkinana walsky
so your saying that the south american societies had delta winged aircraft

read this thread in its entirety
it only lasted three pages for a reason
www.abovetopsecret.com...
the last page was very revealing

That revealed nothing to me.

Lets just say I am bare assed and sitting on your face. Then I fart! How would you describe that using terminology from thousands of years ago? I bet it would be quite different today as their symbols of flight were.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
the a51 runway is the way the employees get there if you read about it but the delta-V is pretty cool also i think the runway is pretty cool but what is with the GTA thing? anyway it is cool

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kerkinana walsky

There were aircrafts in Indian Mythology. In Ramayan and Mahabharat. There was a subject called in vaimanikshastra in ancient india.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I'm wondering too, what these lines are. I found following reasons in all the years:

1. They could be "ritual" / "ceremonial" places for some kind like military-parades or celebrations

2. There are rumours, that ancient mesoamerican cultures did know somethind as delta-dragons (as chineese cultures did). Possibly, they used this lines to start some of them by running the bigger lines, or, possibly they really tried to use such deltadragon-constructions for lifting humans. Why not? If you "know" how dragons fly, then it's only a small step to try use them to hive things.

3. Runways for aliens^^

MfG,

tazman

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

sorry no the source for that story is a modern fake. The ancient India did have flying things in their ancient myth but so did many other cultures.

The desire to fly has a long history

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join