It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Airport?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
i have always enjoyed the book of ezekial. " and ezekial saw the angel of the lord flying out of the east in a chariot that rode on a pillar of fire and smoke and made a great noise." now who or what that was, i have no idea. how ever, since when did a super natural being require the use of a very solid and mechanical device to get around? there are many references in the bible of angels just "poof" appearing to some one out of thin air. which to me, is much more impressive. why is this one different? now, those of you will say that ezekial saw some sort of procession from afar that was carrying torches. but i doubt that answer. why? well, on the one hand, you have a man who was considered very wise and intelligent for his time. able to accurately observe the area around him and describe it. and since he lived there, he would know of the local customs and rites as well, would he not? yet when he sees something and writes it down that is most out of the ordinary, you render him almost child like, incapable of having seen what what he actually wrote about.

this is the same for all ancient cultures. we have the egyptians and mayans and incans. these people were capable of building these enormouse structures as you sceptics say. yet, when it comes to them depicting of what they actually saw and describe in models or writing in there lives, they are suddenly "poor uneducated savages/primitives, you have know idea what you saw. you were just dreaming. that did not really happen." that just does not hold up. especially with the egyptians when their art is very proportionate/accurate as to compare, with let us say, dark and middle age europe.

have a good day!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerkinana walsky
the nazca lines are made by removing the dark top soil exposing the lighter soil beneath. thats not a very efficient runway.

Not only that, but aren't we talking about aliens here? Are they going to be flying around in clunky airplanes that look kind of like ours, that need a runway to get into the air, or are they going to be using anti-gravity flying saucers that just go straight up? No "runway" needed. Just how advanced are these aliens supposed to be?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone has already mentioned this but there is a scientist named David Johnson who claims the nazca Lines all follow the hidden under ground water located in the area, stating that the area is very dry and water is essential for survival, Using various methods to prove each giant symbol marks prime water sources hidden deep beneath the ground.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If a civilization as technologically advanced as our own (at the present time) existed 500 years ago they'd now be 500 years ahead of our own, and it'd be perfectly possible for them to've used their growing technical superiority to wipe out all traces of their existence in the interrim, especially if they'd started out in the kind of isolation the likes of Ancient China tried to maintain thousands of years ago; and even in China's case access to and the knowledge how to make paper, gunpowder, porcelain, silk, etc., was permitted only to the select few permitted to associate with or, even more rarely, to join the ranks of various highly secretive priesthoods, trade guilds, etc.

In fact we have a precisely similar situation developing today with our military 'guardians' hiving off more and more 'black operations' cash in the endless pursuit of more and more advanced levels of secret technology, a supposed explanation for all the 'inexplicable' ufo sightings. Even more pointedly, the major concern of the present day military seems to be the development no longer figuratively but literally invisible weaponry.

Setting aside the issue of how much of the secrecy might be covering up political and financial corruption, inefficiency, projects that don't actually work, (viz the intentionally intimidatory boasting of the cold war antagonists and the subsequent revelation of the 'over-estimation' of Eastern Bloc capacities), or projects with catastrophic side-effects, it's more and more clear that not only are the military getting more and more into bed with private industrial corporations, but as these corporations in their endless pursuit of ever greater profit margins move into more and more 'war' zones like Iran in particular and Africa in general they're developing a greater and greater need for what amount to private armies to protect their people operating in those regions.

So even if it really was the case there's never been such things as secret advanced civilizations or New World Orders either now or in the past, it's not difficult to see such entitites developing out of such circumstances.

Afterall, to this day the only knowledge the masses are ever permitted to learn about 'secret' technological advances is either their ever increasing military destructiveness or their ever expanding efficiency as police state style tools of citizen surveillance and control; and the only technological developments we're ever permitted to lay hands on are of the kind which basically encourage either individual docility or pointless intergroup hostility: even the power of the internet, a la China, is heading towards being reduced to what's its current primary function anyway, the distractions of ever more bizarre forms of debauchery or the encouraging of ever more pointless mutually destructive forms of what're ultimately internecine gossip.

All of which is to say, it's perfectly possible such things as earlier aerial/space capable civlizations could've, and could still, exist; but worse, there may even be one developing out of our own civilization right before our very eyes.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The way I see it is this;

The lines are just that. Lines. Scratched in the ground, be it for aquifers, messages to the gods or simply because they had nothing better to do. But definitely not runways. Runways are complex things, a patch of dusty ground and some crude lines does not constitute one, especially for aircraft as advanced a delta wing.

The little models are just rubbish. Look around you, at a toy store, books, TV. Not everything looks exactly like it's supposed to. The people who made them weren't governed by a strict policy of 'make what you see', they, like the majority of us, had an imagination.

If they were so advanced, why stop (or start even) at aircraft? Why not massive cities like ours? Computers? Pogo sticks? Think of everything we had up until the invent of the airplane, surely they would have that too?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This always gets me laughing!

1. Anthropologists have come to the conclusion that the markings created during religious rites where the king and some holy men marched the outline of the markings into the dirt to try and draw rains or water from the hills and mountains. Sometimes they're made with piles of rocks.

These rites would take a loooooooong time and were mainly used during times of drought.

Sorry, can't recall the documentary. I saw it on tv a couple of years ago.

And they're not just restricted to this area. They've found very large outlines buried in areas that are now jungle and rainforest. Only visible by doing a flyover.

2. Why in the world would ET's need airports and landing strips?? They find a place from orbit, fly there and LAND VERTICALLY!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Camar

fantastic------there's your avatar if you want to turn it vertically-----but maybe you're like me and want to wait for something "that disturbs you more " ?the avatar i chose was the last thing i expected to find----i origionally had been looking for a firey chariot to carry me away from this crazy world but could never find the "best one"instead i find the face of "an alien being "in agony ?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

sorry -stupid me -didnt realize you were already working on your avatar same time as i make a comment about avatars.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Nasca was a Directional Locator for the different species of life, a very big Grey told me that.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by alanborky
and it'd be perfectly possible for them to've used their growing technical superiority to wipe out all traces of their existence in the interrim,

ok so theyre our gods to start off with and they used our armies to wipe each other out assisted with their advanced vertical take off aircraft and nuclear weapons shaped like tridents

now they want to pretend they didn't exist

is it just me or is there something smelly about that

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
There may have been earlier cultures but the problem is there is no evidence of them.

What you do have however is lots of people claiming they have such evidence or that such evidence exists, but when push comes to shove, no evidence is produced.

A majority of the world's population today live on the coast. The coast changes. Ice melts and there are miles and miles of what was fertile land under water now. Other things happen as well, volcanoes, fires, collapse. Metal corrodes and disappears. Look at the twin towers and tell me that you cannot believe that things can vanish over a couple thousand years when two quarter mile high concrete, aluminum, and steel structures went away in about 10 seconds each. We have weapons that can wipe out miles in an instant. The titanic is fading away on the ocean floor. 9/11 taught us planes can disintegrate when they crash.

A real advanced culture would be smarter than we are today. If we were truly intelligent, we wouldn't be milking the earth for all it has, but working with it to ensure our sustainability. We actually see this trend beginning now. Homes built from earth and/or underground are the most efficient at maintaining an even temperature all year. Assuming they would use exactly the same propulsion and materials is a bit ignorant. We have changed materials several times in the last century. Steel frames are being replaced with aluminum and fiberglass ... which is being replaced with carbon fiber. Fuel will be replaced with solar, wind, hydrogen, air, etc.

It doesn't have to be true about an ancient civilization existing equal or beyond today ... but it cannot be proved there wasn't. Lack of evidence doesn't eliminate the possibility. That is a false crutch people use that don't want to believe in certain things and cannot think beyond their safety zone. Nor does discussing a possibility make it true or the considering/discussing it mean you have to believe it. If something catostrophic happened to us, there wouldn't be much left after a couple tens of thousand years. Some evidence of roads and such. Most of the other stuff would erode or corrode away.

It makes people feel safe and proud to think they live in the most advanced society in the universe. It doesn't make it true. Let another ice age come and let's see what we dig up on the land that becomes exposed ... once we dig through deep enough. There are lines on the ocean floor that connect around the east coast of the usa and the surrounding islands/countries ... I even recall what looked like a large turnabout. The only problem is, for some reason, google earth has lowered their resolution of the ocean floor. The lines are still there, but pixelated to the point they are not noticeable unless you saw them before ... but they were very clear before. I never took a shot of them, for I didn't think GE would intentionally reduce the resolution of the ocean floor ... but that begs the question why? and what are they hiding? How did these lines get on the floor and how deep would they be if the sea level was at ice age standards. But that is something for another topic.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist
A real advanced culture would be smarter than we are today.

If they were so much smarter, then why did they vanish? This is like saying how good the Hopi Indian shamans are at predicting the future, yet somehow they failed to predict that the white man would crush their culture and prepare for it ahead of time.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

I've long held a suspicion of why there is a giganourmous gap in history of the Americas. It seems they had all the resources for so long, and out of no where they develop these awe inspiring nations. Something never smelt right to me.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Interesting topic. I've read of discoveries that have been carbon-dated to be tens of thousands of years old (gold necklace in a mine), etc. and we know that something called Greek fire once existed. The knowledge of how to make it was so closely guarded that it was eventually lost and to this day, we don't know how to make Greek fire although napalm is a close approximation. There are skulls showing a degree of advanced surgery that we can't approximate today with all our high tech gear. No one's built another pyramid equalling that of Giza (that atrocity in Vegas doesn't begin to compare).
There is a possibility that ancient civilizations existed, complete with flying machines.
If there was some global catastrophe that left humans in survival mode for decades, how many of us today would know how to turn the electricity back on or start the jet engines back up or build sumptuous edifices and fill them with delicately crafted artwork? It really only takes one generation to lose a lot of knowledge.
The fact that we have any advanced artifacts that date back to a time when we believe man was still living in caves suggests that people did know how to do "advanced" things but lost the knowledge and had to start over.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

People on ATS have been predicting a global system for a long time now too and when it comes, will we have prepared enough to avoid it or survive it? I know nothing of Hopi Indian shaman predictions but they may have had some CT among them who just got ignored as "ridiculous".

"White-skinned devils in heavy, shiney boats that come from the other side of the world? Ahahahaha. Go back to smoking your peyote and leave the main stream media to the experts."

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I can't remember what the show was called, it was a few years ago on the Hostory Channel. It was talking about ancient civilizations and possibilities of them being very advanced, yes aliens were mentioned.

They talked about the Nazca lines and how they can be seen from nearby mountains, but to see them in all their glory, you'd have to be above them in the air. Why put all the detail into them like they did when they couldn't see them that great from the ground? Why didn't they just build some type of monument there that could easily be seen if there used just for locating water?

They also talked about another place that had these huge underground tunnels and some of these tunnels ended in a ramp that went above ground. In these tunnels or caves, whatever you want to call them, were paintings that described the Gods coming down from the skies. Other paintings showed these Gods and they looked exactly like what we know today as the Greys. Other paintings that showed these Gods in craft flying through the air and the Gods hands were painted to look like what we call the peace sign today. The Gods they painted also looked like they were wearing a suit that looks a lot like the space suits worn by astronauts. Paintings of these craft, that looked like the classic saucer shaped craft we talk about today, leaving the tunnels using the ramps that went above ground. All of this was thousands of years old.

Another area they talked about was a desert area where under all the sand was pure glass. They noticed at some point in time, again thousands of years ago, there was a explosion with enough heat to turn that sand to glass within a matter of seconds. Only a nuclear type of weapon would be able to cause that amount of heat that fast. They also found paintings that described how they were punished by their Gods. Again, these Gods looked exactly like the greys.

I can't remember any of these locations. It's been a few years since I've seen it and I watch the History Channel everyday and I've yet to see it repeated. Maybe someone else on here saw it and knows what it was called.

I notice that the debunkers are starting to have their way with this thread now though. So this thread that started off pretty good will probably turn to nothing but debunkers stating everything they say as fact when they can't prove anything they say themselves. A book written by someone years ago about their theory of wooden and metal birds/insects thousands of years old are nothing but ancient childrens toys, doesn't prove anything. Like everyone else, that's just their opinion on it.

Also, those Egyptian Hieroglyphs can't be ignored. They look too much like modern aircraft. I don't believe they are hieroglyphs that have been carved over by other hieroglyphs that just happen to make them resemble planes and submarines like has been said by people. You can find the same hieroglyphs in other things in Egypt and they're not all carvings. I've seen the same ones in paintings. That one image that's been on the internet for a while is just one area where you see them at. With the detail they put into their work, do you see them making that many mistakes?

Say you're an advanced civilization with the ability to travel to other planets. You find one that has a primitive life on it. You visit them, give them a little bit of knowledge, but you then leave and leave them nothing because you want them to evolve on their own. When you're gone they'll find a way to tell the story. Be it carvings or paintings.

I'm not stating everything I say as fact. It's all just opinions. I don't force my opinions down others throats.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david
They talked about the Nazca lines and how they can be seen from nearby mountains, but to see them in all their glory, you'd have to be above them in the air. Why put all the detail into them like they did when they couldn't see them that great from the ground? Why didn't they just build some type of monument there that could easily be seen if there used just for locating water?

Because ancient people was quite strange and we can rarely understand why they did what they did even if we try real hard.

As I have been saying so many times before: If you look at individual artifacts/constructions then it may seem weird, way too much work or just downright stupid. Look at *everything* instead. The Nasza lines are not strangers in the world of grand constructions that are all but pointless for us today.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Seriously, the gold thing is a laughing monkey jester in a dress.. If the post was intended to simply point out that it is similar to a runway, yes it is, I will not argue that, but to suggest that the incas, (people who ripped hearts out of living people) had a delta winged aircraft, is pretty out there. So, anyone have any ideas on how the incas funded this massive project?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
So many comments so little time:

An advanced civilization would not be able to "disappear" we have wooden javelin from 400,000 years ago, charcoal from even longer ago. Stone tools back million of years....

Wooden spears

If such a civilization existed they mined no metals, killed no animals, used no tools, modified no animals or crops, didn't disturb the soil - in other words they left an archaeological trace that is less than a jungle based hunter-gather group - and those WE can detect.....improbable to say the least.

Now, might we find more civilizations? Yes, probably but they will be of a level equal to the earliest civilizations and not having a mechanized society.

Abydos: my question to all who believe that these show bizarre craft - why would the Egyptians put pictures of strange craft in a written panel that tells you who dedicated the temple? Taking those Glyphs out of context is fatal to understanding them. Needless to say there is no hint that such craft were about in that time frame, nor of a civilization capable of producing them.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Every thread that I've dipped into because it looks promising (since i joined ATS), seems to get hijacked by the same set of debunkers who are hellbent on destroying the potential for a damn good topic.

I'm not saying they're not entitled to an opinion but why do they feel such a passionate need to derail every thread that strays from their own mind-set ?

Question; why do such 'passionate debunkers' assume that any advanced, ancient civilization would (if they 'did' exist), automatically have developed exactly the same way that our own civilization (and I use the term loosely), has ?

Question; why is it assumed by the same family of debunkers that 'if' intelligent life exists elswhere it 'must' be carbon-based. This has always puzzled me. I'm sure at least two of you debunkers will have an indisputable comeback for me !

I think there has been the mention of something smelling bad in a couple of previous posts in this thread ... well I have to agree ... it is the smell of pedantic narrow-mindedness.

But more disconcerting is something that 'Cybertroy' mentioned previously. Do the usual suspects from the 'debunk mafia' invade particular threads in an effort to ridicule the opinions of those people who are not afraid to stretch their minds ... beyond what can be read in scholarly books or learned via robotical school taught methods, to deliberatley deliver the kiss of death to some very thought-provoking threads.

What are they so irrationally scared we might turn-up ?

Does academic intellect always mean having the answers ?

To return to topic; I read somewhere when I was reseaching my book (and before you wytch-hunters out there ask for a link ... I can't remember where I read it ... just that I did), that the Columbian artifact was tested by the airforce and found to be as aerodynamic as any modern-day fighter jet. Their conclusion was that it was more likely to be the model of a plane than an insect.

Maybe somebody else has read this and knows a link for the doubting Thomas' to check-out.

Great thread please keepm it going ... a flag from me.
woody

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join