It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Airport?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I saw part of a special on the travel channel a few nights ago. They were talking about the Nazca lines. They theorized that the lines were maps to to the underground acquifers which are quite prevelant in the area, despite the drought stricken conditions. I didn't catch all that much of it, and it doesn't look as if it is being replayed over the next month. Sorry I can't give you more info.

Lines of Nazca

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

This is what I saw on the travel channel. Seems to make sense.

Recently two researchers, David Johnson and Steve Mabee, have advanced a theory that the geoglyphs may be related to water. The Nasca plain is one of the driest places on Earth, getting less than one inch of rain a year. Johnson, while looking for sources of water in the region, noticed that ancient aqueducts, called puquios, seemed to be connected with some of the lines. Johnson thinks that the shapes may be a giant map of the underground water sources traced on the land. Mabee is working to gather evidence that might confirm this theory.

Unmuseum

[edit on 18-11-2007 by disgustedbyhumanity]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

once again, this is why I wonder if the UFO's are not from "outerspace" but, are in fact an earlier civilization of earth! That left earth so that other new species could evolve and arise. Once we have achived that degree of technologicle advancement, should't we do the same?

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockets red glare

once again, this is why I wonder if the UFO's are not from "outerspace" but, are in fact an earlier civilization of earth! That left earth so that other new species could evolve and arise. Once we have achived that degree of technologicle advancement, should't we do the same?

Perhaps, however, I have read about the Mayans and how this god "Quetzalcoatl" or Kukulkan supposedly shared "secret" knowledge with them. The Mayans do have advance knowledge in astronomy, mathematics and engineering because their pyramids are constructed precisely on the position of the stars. They know how to plot it. They know about solar eclipses. Perhaps this kukulkan character might have used this advance knowledge to control the natives and made it superstitious to instill fear and thus gain a god like status.

Perhaps, this kukulkan the serpentile "god" as commonly called is not of human origin, but of extra terrestrial. His origins is very mysterious. Some say, he is a lost viking. Legends say that he came from heaven to earth. How the heck did he know so much about astronomy, so much knowledge beyond his time, where the Europeans were still barbaric nomads??

I really doubt the advance knowledge came from the natives. About the runways and the aircraft? I have an incling he might have a hand on that.

More reference:

personalpages.tds.net...

Quote:

"Afterward he instructed these beings of his own creation in language, customs, arts, knowledge, cleanliness and civilized behavior and finally flew some of them to different continents, which they were supposed to inhabit thenceforth. At some later time Viracocha and his assistants traveled to many countries to check how his instructions were being followed. "

--

He literally flew some of them to different continents! How the heck is this possible in ancient time? You need to have an aircraft like the ones shown and a runway.

Sounds coincidental?

[Edit : more info added]

[edit on 18-11-2007 by amitheone]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
kerkinana walsky,

It was only three pages long because the "debunk mafia" invaded my post, insisting that all of these objects were simply insects..... And every time I would post something, I would get a
or something childish. Something to belittle me, and/or the ideas. Seems like there may have been something to hide because these guys were relentless.

Yet, these objects don't really look like any insect I am familiar with. Do you guys know of any insect with delta wings and apparently a tail rudder?

What do you guys see when you look at the delta winged object? What does it really look like?

Heaven forbid we would find out we had a past bigger than evolving apes, spears, mud, and Little House on the Prairie.

Troy

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rockets red glare

I like that thought about earlier civilizations leaving earth and leaving it for others. But why hasn't the other's kept the knowledge that the others knew when they left? Why is it that knowledge if forgotten and discovered alot later in human evolution? And what do we do when we reach leaving the earth? Do we make another species of human clones or something like that to evolve on their own without the knowledge we have?

Is the next generation going to be robots, androids etc..? Or are we going to have WWIII and the survival of the richest and top secret government.
Are those people going to leave this world only to come back later to study and help those left behind that survived?

Maybe those lines have simularities to area 51 or maybe their water maps? But why didn't they just make a map on rock or wood like we do today?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Besides that design, there's more:

www.ufoarea.com...

Prehistoric Plane flies!

www.philipcoppens.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I rekon there where planes flying about once apon a time. But then God flooded the earth and killed off everyone from those times. The only structures strong enough to withstand the great flood where the pyramids and other such heavy stone structures. No doubt the people who lived pre-flood where technologically advanced. Also they had contact with "the fallen ones" with even children being born of them.

Then we had the flood and it wiped them all out. What we have to today is the remnants of their civilizations.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   

You might like to look at these links (in detail)

www.hinduwisdom.info...

en.wikipedia.org...

I think you will find them interesting and topical.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I wonder what would you'd be more likely to discover first: the remains of an ancient airplane or a tiny little model of an ancient airplane?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havalon

You might like to look at these links (in detail)

www.hinduwisdom.info...

en.wikipedia.org...

I think you will find them interesting and topical.

thanks for that
i found this part especially enlightening
en.wikipedia.org...

Enthusiasm for "Vedic UFOs" appears to originate with the 1973 publication of Vaimanika Shastra, an alleged ancient text on aeronautics, "channeled" in 1918-1923.

so a recent reworking of channeled information
was the original channeling about spaceships then ?
or the design of temple roofs

The first mention of Vimana is during the renovation work of the temple between the 12th and 13th century A.D. when a second wall was constructed around the sanctum sanctorum enclosing the first wall to support the weight of the vimana.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamesder
I wonder what would you'd be more likely to discover first: the remains of an ancient airplane or a tiny little model of an ancient airplane?

If the model airplanes were made by people who worshiped the gods with the real airplanes, I guess you're more likely to find the model airplanes first.

And if there were such intelligent beings flying around during that time, I doubt they left any evidence of a flying craft for us to find. And there's not much we can prove with just having a few roads that they've left behind.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
they didn't leave any signs of landing sites or fuel depots either
must have been a lost race of cleaners

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I didn't see anyone mention these ancient "aircraft"

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If the civilization 2000 years ago truly had the technology to fly, then it wouldn't be impractical to assume they'd have the necessary means to create a miniature model that better replicates the craft- not just a simplistic rock carving. There needs to be more corroborating evidence...

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Come on guys! How on Earth can we, in all seriousness, be comparing Area 51 to the Nasca Lines?

Area 51 is a facility with runways. We know that for a fact even though the place doesn't even exist!

The Nasca Lines were probably symbols to any gods that were worshipped at the time.

The lines were probably maintained via ceremonial processions that traced the out symbol currently being worshipped (aren't the symbols one continuous line?).

Also, just because a civilisation on Earth made large symbols, large enough for a god to see, does not make a god real.

A kid may hang a christmas stocking out of his window at Christmas waiting for Santa to fill it. This does not make Santa real!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
A while ago I saw a documentary on video.google about these models (planes/ insects whatever you want to call them). Two scale models were constructed with a single propeller (located on the nose of the model) linked to a radio controller. They successfully flew both models "with ease" and demonstrated a level of aerodynamics not considered to have been known at the time (of these models being produced). I think they said it was safe to say the models were at least 1,000 years old.

There was also this model plane found in Egypt, the Saqqara Bird.

Discovered around 1898 in a tomb at Saqquara Egypt, the artifact was considered to be a wooden model of a bird (as airplanes were unknown at the time) and stored in the basement of the cairo museum. It was then rediscovered and studied; i think features (proportions and shape of the wings) have been pointed out that suggest the model could be an advance form of "pusher glider".

Would be amazing to find out our ancient ancestors werent just hunter gatherers, but then saying that, if that knowledge was lost, who was it lost by and for what reason?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well, all I know is that there are some pretty amazing things in this world. There are historical writings, archaeological evidence, and cultural mythologies that suggest that our current civilization may not be the first to be technologically advanced. We don't know. And for anyone to categorically state as fact that no prior culture could have been as advanced as we are is evidence of a closed mind.
There are just too many "inexplicables" as a professor of mine used to say.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
There may have been earlier cultures but the problem is there is no evidence of them.

What you do have however is lots of people claiming they have such evidence or that such evidence exists, but when push comes to shove, no evidence is produced.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
delta wing craft were only an advance to us, after wwi

to advanced space aliens it would be like flying to europe in a bi-plane today...

man, i didnt think anyone was still curious about this old controversy, i remember it from the 70's when i was kid, its all been soundly explained since chariots of the gods

i guess as every generation comes across these old chestnuts its up the the elders to give them the rest of the story

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join