It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Airport?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Guys, what do you make of these:

An airport in the desert, Area 51 and at the bottom, a delta wing aircraft:

Look at these mysterious Nazca lines located in South America.

Go to google map and go to this coordinates:

14°41'22.08"S, 75° 6'54.86"W

From there, move around and see many mysterious lines for you to study:

These were made about 2000 years ago in South America. Compare these to the runway on Area 51.

Now, look at this:

This mysterious artifact is about 2000 years old and was found in a tomb in South America. Compare this with delta wing aircraft.

By studying the Nazca lines, it looks like an ancient runway very similar to the airport in Area 51. On the same area, this aircraft-like artifact was found in a tomb which looks like a modern delta wing airplane.

By connecting these 2 evidences together, it strongly suggest that the ancients were already flying. But how?

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Do you have more info about the mysterious artifact found in a tomb in South America?

I like to read some more about it. The photo is very interesting.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
the nazca lines are made by removing the dark top soil exposing the lighter soil beneath
thats not a very efficient runway. The claim that they were runways was first made by Erich Von Daniken in the early 70s and obviously debunked about ten minutes later
and your model delta wing aircraft are actually insects
theres hundreds of them and most look completely insectoidal
its only one or two that you think look like aircraft
the people who made them didn't know what aircraft were and theres no mention of flying craft in any of their mythology

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i have heard about this alot but never saw pics but from what i have heard people in ancient civs. made crafts that looked like what landed out of sticks and twigs (but the didnt fly) to make the people come back i dont know if they could have made runways or lines to make them come back too

stared and flagged

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kerkinana walsky

well if those are insects then they are pretty aircraft looking insects to me . Oh and you state as a fact that the ancients didnt know how aircrafts looked like .. and you known that how ? Did you talk to any of them or is that just your "assumption " based on "your research" ?

Edit : typos

[edit on 18-11-2007 by Thill]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
so your saying that the south american societies had delta winged aircraft

read this thread in its entirety
it only lasted three pages for a reason
www.abovetopsecret.com...
the last page was very revealing

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I am not saying they had delta wing crafts just saying that we do not know what they knew or didnt know unless you can show me a actuall living ancient that will testify one way or another ..

So stating as obvious that they didnt know what aircrafts were is umm well wrong ..They might have known or seen aircrafts but I doubt they could build them or comprehend that those are flying machines and not gods

But going this way this thread will become a flame war so I'll stop here because we will probably never know the answer unless somebody makes a time machine

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
for them to have known of delta winged aircraft there are only two possibilities

1) that there existed at that time a culture as advanced as us who used delta winged aircraft like us
2) Aliens

as any advanced culture like that at the time these objects date from (about 500 years ago) would have left its mark all over the world both physically and textually we can safely conclude that it didn't exist as it left no evidence

that leaves us with aliens

so
are you claiming that aliens were flying around south america 500 years ago in aircraft that look like we built them.

theres no need for this thread to turn into a flame war but you have to admit what is more likely
what I have just elucidated (aliens) or the possibility that these are just stylised insects and we think they look like delta winged aircraft purely because we have seen some.

you also are under the impression that I can't prove they aren't aircraft
I don't need to
you have to prove that they are
and all you have for that is your claim that they look like aircraft that you have seen

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I am not buying the story that those are flying fish models. They look nothing like fish. The Nazca lines might not have been runways, but they were made to be visible from the air. So exactly who was up in the air to look at them and what did they get there in? If you examine other "art" from the period you will see that jaguars look like jaguars and people look like people and coyotes look like coyotes and cactus look like cactus so why would a fish be so distorted in rendition that it no longer resembles a fish?

[edit on 11-18-2007 by groingrinder]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
the Nazca plain is surrounded by mountains from which all the lines can be seen

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerkinana walsky
the nazca lines are made by removing the dark top soil exposing the lighter soil beneath
thats not a very efficient runway.

Inefficient? It'd be like building a highway by removing solid bedrock and replacing it with soft sand .....

Unless all the space alien aircraft always crash landed so wanted a softer landing and a means to readily put out the fires?

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinderThe Nazca lines might not have been runways, but they were made to be visible from the air. So exactly who was up in the air to look at them and what did they get there in?

No one was in the air, that's who.

I remember seeing a study about the visibility of the Nazca lines: they are placed where there is good visibility from the ground.

Cant provide a link though. Maybe someone else has seen that.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xbrendanx

Actually, what you're talking about is called a 'cargo cult.' They're not ancient at all, but rather modern by their very definition. When the Allies during WWII built (and later abandoned) their airbases in the South Pacific, the residents of some of the islands considered the planes bringing supplies to the island gods, and when the allies left, the villagers built replica planes and airstrips trying to coax the giant metal 'gods' to continue bringing their 'cargo' to the island. Theres a really cool segment about a cargo cult in the Italian film Mondo Cane.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
As far as the Nazca lines as runways theory goes, I've seem some of those lines with a whole lot of squiggly and circular shapes going on. Maybe rather than runways they were ancient racing tracks?

[edit on 18-11-2007 by Monger]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica
Do you have more info about the mysterious artifact found in a tomb in South America?

I like to read some more about it. The photo is very interesting.

Thank you.

Sure -

www.world-mysteries.com...
paranormal.about.com...

You can google it.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
By observing the runway on area 51 and on the Nazca lines, you may notice that these were obviously made on a flat plane. This suggest a planned design for a specific purpose. The Nazca lines were made about 2,000 years ago. One needs to consider erosion and the passage of time. These were not in it's original state obviously.

On the same area, you find these ancient replicas of a flying craft. No, I totally disagree that they are insects or fish. Show me a fish or an insect within that area that looks exactly like that or a fossil. Perhaps, it might be worth considering, but I really doubt it. No animals can ever have wings like that.

Comparing the 2 runways again:

You may notice that at both ends of the runway, there is an exit point for planes to taxi.

Comparing the 2 areas:

You may notice that both were constructed on a flat plane and obviously not on the mountain. lol.

Camparing both studies, this strongly suggest a carefully planned design of a runway for an aircraft.

[Edit: added info]

[edit on 18-11-2007 by amitheone]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
please link to a source that says these were found anywhere near Nazca

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This is old new news, circa 1970's ala Chariots of the Gods by Erich Von Daniken.

Though I must admit the lines are mysterious, I fail to to see how this can be evidence of any type type of advanced life form.

I mean, would an advanced civilization require runways to get their aircraft off the ground?

I would think their vehicles would be capable of doing some sort of vertical landing and take off so why would they even bother with long runways?

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerkinana walsky
please link to a source that says these were found anywhere near Nazca

Yes.

Quote:

"Gold trinkets were found in an area covering Central America and coastal areas of South America,"

www.world-mysteries.com...

And,

Quote:

"The coastal area is also the home of the pre-Inca Paracas culture, famous for its exquisite textile work.

Nearby are the Nazca Lines, the spectacular and still unexplained ancient geometrical and animal designs, that cover 220 square kilometres of desert plains, and are, mystifyingly, still only distinguishable from the air."

www.exsus.com...

--

The aircraft artifact were found in the coastal areas of South America and nearby are the Nazca lines.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I don't see how clearing six inches of gravel constitutes a runway. If they were so advanced that they built a machine that can fly in the sky why not build a machine that makes a decent runway. So they mined ore out of the earth, had fires hit enough to melt the metal, had a rocket and a cockpit but not a proper runway? I think the little metal thing looks like a monkey wearing a dress, and the monkey is laughing. I doubt there is a puzzle and the ancients were not flying. People are amazed that the ancients moved a bunch of gravel around in the dirt but I have a job that I have to go to for forty hours a week, I cannot afford the time to go and move dirt around somewhere. The ancient people basically had nothing else do do. It's interesting but I doubt there is a puzzle.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join