It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know where to get tank gear in W.o.W....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
yeah, just wondering if anyone knows what instances to do to get the best plate gear for a lvl 70 orc warrior tank.
been doin alot of instances and they tend not to be having any luck atm with getting good gear, anyone know any quests/instances ect to do to get the best tank gear?
thanks alot guys =)

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I aint helping the Horde!

But seriously just search "pre Kara" in the official warrior forum and there is a boatload of info.

In fact, I'm headed there now.

[edit on 11/20/2007 by whargoul]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
There are a lot of resources for ya. try wowhead.com or the official forums.

Besides that, every lvl 70 5 man instance has tank gear and some of the heroics have great tanking gear like Sethekk halls and heroic Mechanar.

You could also check out the armory and take a look at other peoples gear and talent specs.

Here is a link to my Orc warrior although I am almost in all Kara/Gruuls lair gear...........Finally!

www.wowarmory.com...

JbT

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Just keep running the 5 mans. You will get some sooner than later. I belive there is 5 set items that drop in the top 5 5-man instances.

Eventually, you'll need to run heroic or start raiding Karazhan, or both.

Try this link:
forums.worldofwarcraft.com...

I copy'd that from my guilds forums, but its a wow forums site and I cant see it at work. Supposed to be a level 70 tanking gear guild. If the link doesnt work. Sorry, I cant help any more.

Have fun.

[edit on 20-11-2007 by JbT]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Or learn Armorsmith. I can make incredible stuff. Just need to get the material.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HHH Is King
Or learn Armorsmith. I can make incredible stuff. Just need to get the material.

Aye, Armorsmith is great for a protection spec warrior. I went with Herbalism/Alchemy instead and have exalted status in Karazhan while still needing about 4 items from there including a good chestpiece

I think the set you are looking for from the regular 5 mans is the "of the bold" set.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
tankspot.com is another good resource.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I wouldn't want anybody taking a group I'm in who doesn't know how to properly gear themselves. Theres a lot of recourses out there to aid you in getting yourself geared, I guess its just a matter of finding them. I assume you know which stats you should be looking for as a prot warrior?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by XxXzombieXcoreXxX

www.wowwiki.com...

This guide shows you what bosses in these instances drop what loot.

You can also go to www.thottbot.com and enter different search paramenters for armor, such as: plate, level, attributes, etc.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I would suggest getting 30% played in some decent 1800+ rating arena teams and using that as a side utility for Prot Gear.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
oright, cheers for all the help =)
our guild just started kara run's so ill be gettin some better gear there =) ty

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
I wouldn't want anybody taking a group I'm in who doesn't know how to properly gear themselves. Theres a lot of recourses out there to aid you in getting yourself geared, I guess its just a matter of finding them. I assume you know which stats you should be looking for as a prot warrior?

hahaha ofc i do mate, i was just asking which instance's were best
and ofc i know how to properly gear myself, the question was "where do i get decent tank gear?" not how do i become a tank ect
thanks for replying, but dont think of me as someone who cant tank =P

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If you don't have Atlas addon and Atlas Loot then get it

Then you can easily find out which bosses to "farm".

Last time I noticed some prekara tank gear was in CoT, Black Morass, where some pants drops once in a while.

Go get em

new topics

top topics

join