It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you fight ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I personally hope that it never comes to that, I pray that it does not. However somehow I just can't see the leadership of this country being able to separate themselves from their greed and make the changes necessary to prevent it, against the corporate powers who bought them into office

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Interesting enough, most of those that fought to make this country free were Christians and thus founded The Constitution. No, I wouldn't enjoy in taking another life, however, if someone broke into my home to kill my family and 'steal' my GOD given rights as a citizen of the US....I'd defend them to my death. Should an invasion come from within the US to steal the same .....wouldn't be the same ??

Originally posted by KMFNWO
I have discussed this topic at length in other forums (which I will not do here). I have stressed the importance IMO of setting "realistic parameters". What I mean by this is choosing carefully and thoughtfully just where that line is drawn in the sand. What are you ready to die for.

Again my personal viewpoint here. would I feel justified in killing others for my 1st amendment right - No! Lets face it, our rights are largely an illusion if we can not come to a justification worth either killing or dieing for.

My personal "this far and no further points" are first and foremost the protection of my family and myself. Hand in hand with this is my right to bear arms.

We may lose our sovereignty, we may lose most of our rights - we have lost many already, but are you willing to make your wives widows to get them back?

All I ask is that you consider in earnest the gravity involved in a violent movement before "that time " comes.

Another topic I wrestle with on this subject "briefly" if I may is, at what point will my Creator justify my taking of another life. Do I believe that my God would be pleased and support me taking another life so that I may enjoy national sovereignty? I don't believe so. Would He support the defense of my family - I hope so.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Right on, Komodo. That's what I'm talking about!

Those who don't own weapons at this point should use their tax rebate checks to buy guns and ammunition.

That would really get the economy going now, wouldn't it?

And we'd be exercising our 2nd amendment rights as citizens! WHOO WHOO!

[edit on 15-3-2008 by cryingindian]

[edit on 15-3-2008 by cryingindian]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DwnitsDwn

Not all the military are Americans, ya know. We've been training foreign troops on American soil for quite some time. And there are plenty of American cops that are already power mad and would probably jump at the chance to start rounding up "enemies".

government report
from the horses mouth
more links to deny ignorance
and more
last one

There are plenty more links to back up what I'm saying but that should be enough "propaganda" for now.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I have my guns. I have my ammo. I have a food supply. I have a water supply. I am ready for a fight. I don't see it being against my own government however. My father fought in 3 wars, my brothers in 2. Combined they dedicated over 50 years service to ensure my freedom and the freedom of all Americans. We may work, purchase what we want, speak our peace, publish our thoughts and dreams, we can own our own weapons, grow our own food, harvest water from free sources, I have never gone hungry or cold and have always had all the essentials and luxuries I care for. I do not live under law that forbids me to live life the way I want to, I make my own choices, good or bad. The only restriction in my life that is governed that I disagree with is I can't smoke what I want to without breaking a law, but I can still make the choice myself to break or not break that law, and I can legally say that I disagree with that law and not be punished for saying so. I geared up just in case terrorist activity becomes prominant, I will fight. I will do whatever it takes to continue the freedoms we already have.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Ok, talk about fighting as much as you like, but as someone asked here in this thread, "what are you fighting for?"

Freedom is the answer most of you seem to be saying. One of you even mentioned getting control over money again.

I started a thread yesterday called Defining Freedom which runs along a similar line.

Below that I posted a link to a thread that I felt was highly relevant and was a new thread in itself.
Debt Serfdom

So, you've just fought your revolution, you've taken control over the country and its finances and now what do you do with it all?

If you were to set up a new government you have got a lot to consider.
Firstly, I think this is most important, the cost of running for president should not be astronomical which places millions of people immediately out of the running.

If everyone was truly free then their voice should count, no matter what.
In a free Democracy, everyone has the right to run for president/prime minister.

The cost of doing so should be irrelevant.
Your popularity to gain votes should be seen through your actions and words rather than the power of your wallet.

Election after election, we hear of who and how presidential hopefuls are corrupt in one manner or another. By rights, none of them should be in the running if they're all as bad as we're led to believe.

Any 'war-like' fighting will, again, be brother against brother.
This is one major thing everyone would like to avoid. You don't crap on your own doorstep.

The revolution has to happen differently, and if you rad my thread I pasted above, the method I have considered there might actually be a peaceful way towards the revolution you desire.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
A little word from the FSME, I'm not raining down on this thread..

Just like to point out that threads like these can get misinterrupted, this is not RATS, anyone can read your comments. Be very careful with words like "I am ready to fight"

Take care

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The "revolution" will not start by people taking arms against their country, nor by their country taking arms up against them. The "revolt" will start with riots-staged or otherwise incited. These riots will allow the local government to ask for Emergency status. The Federal Government will send in it's reserve troops (who are Canadian, by the way) and Martial Law will be declared.

Once Martial Law is declared, it will not be rescinded. We will live in an "occupied" country-Occupied by the very government which we will serve. One that at one time served us, as it should still.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
"They" will do everything they can to bring America and its rebels to their knees prior to striking individual communities. The economy, the joblessness, the wars and of course rumors of wars, the psychological warfare.

Before it all comes down, the communication network will go down, power grids will be ordered shut off.

What if they say "Go into that neighborhood and take them all out it is a hotbed of insurgents"

And 'you' and your family live there?
What if this is the only choice you have to fight and flee?
Then will you take up arms or lay down in your bed of fears and let them take your lives?

It will be a big surprise to know that America will not go down without a fight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join