It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post ways to fight government spying.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I came up with a few things we could all do to deflect the spies. They want to track our everymove and use their technology to record our daily lives. it's the end of privacy as we know it. But we have to fight the system.

The cellphone is a way to track you. You all know that. The government introduces new technology for us making us believe it's better and cooler, but they are actually using that technology to keep us controlled. It was their invention in the first place. how else would you place a GPS device on people? sell them portable gadgets. So here are a few ways to fight them pesky voyeurs.

1. Don't get the rebate: When buying a computer, laptop or other. Never get the rebate, this in case gives them your name, address, Phone number. By filling in all this information to get the check back in the mail, it's a hook to get your information for a mere $100-. In doing so, when you go to an electronics store and buy a computer, do not show ID, do not give name and address and just buy the computer. giving the store no information about you. Most places will be fine with that, if they require an ID ask to speak to a manager.

2. When having a cellphone with a camera. and not using it, always disable the internet. or put a tape over the camera. Preferably face it down when not in use. They are using live feeds now to see live video while you have your cellphone. It's a safe way for them to keep track of you without you knowing it. They are not only viewing the photos you take, but using your camera as a webcam.

3. Don't use webcams. unless you need them. And never buy a computer with a webcam already installed on it.

So basically, the government plans to have cameras everywhere. of course the final way to track everyone is to just install a camera in your home. you know for your own safety.

Post some other ways to protect yourself from the privacy invaders.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Download and setup Tor and Privoxy....Ensure your firewall blocks all but necessary connections...

If you're really wanting secure communications, encrypt your email between persons who are also able to encrypt mail...Just bear in mind most of your friends won't be savvy enough to do this...

Spoof your IP address....I'm going to say how, knowledge is power

Peace

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence

If you're really wanting secure communications, encrypt your email between persons who are also able to encrypt mail

I'll admit, I have no clue as to how to block off the IP address. I'm not that computer savy, but thanks for the tips

I don't think I can even encrypt email. Never done it before.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I noticed in my local PC world that every single one of their new laptops and desktops had webcams and mics built in.
Its getting harder to find computers without these items.
I always build my own computers-its cheaper,you can tailor make them to how you want,and they last longer and crash less!

On the net security/IP issue,there are ways to hide your location,here is one:

"Torpark is a program which allows you to surf the Internet anonymously. Download Torpark and put it on a USB Flash keychain. Plug it into any internet terminal whether at home, school, work, or in public. Torpark will launch a Tor circuit connection, which creates an encrypted tunnel from your computer indirectly to a Tor exit computer, allowing you to surf the Internet anonymously. Torpark is small, portable, clean, open-source, free of spyware/adware, and free."

www.download.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Yep, Torpark is a big winner SS
If you have a USB key and are a person that uses public computers a lot for browsing or webmail, just load Torpark on your USB key and "largely" anonymous browsing is yours...

As always, there's caveats on these things, but eh, its better than nothing...

Great post as always SS

[edit on 18-11-2007 by Rilence]

[edit on 18-11-2007 by Rilence]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Like any anonymous proxy server it will be slow. But the trade off is you are totally ATS

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I created a proxy webbrowser, and good timing too because it's in beta right now. I'm hoping to get a real URL after I get my new laptop, I'm using someone elses, and I'll make vast improvements to it. This is a pic of it, it says I'm in Thailand, but I'm in California heh. Everytime you click go, it uses a different proxy, for ultimate anonymity.

You can download it here.

I hope you enjoy it, it's been a few months since first creating it. There are secret programs, hence Thief. One is "delete" and break in, it is a file shredder beyond DoD standards, no undelete app can grab the shredded file, nor electron microscope.

[edit on 18-11-2007 by vashts121]

[edit on 18-11-2007 by vashts121]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
Download and setup Tor and Privoxy....Ensure your firewall blocks all but necessary connections...

never forget, that Tor servers might just be run by *them*. after all, they are anonymous, too, so the best way to make sure you're not caught is using someone else's internet access. WLAN makes this alot easier, as we all know, which again, works both ways!

nothing is 100% i guess

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Better buy those items with cold hard cash if you want to remain anonymous.

This is my theory, when you purchase anything with a check or credit card or debit card the numbers all go through when you purchase it, I'm betting the serial or some tracking code linked to the serial number of the product is written in with the UPC code, goes through as well linking those products as being owned by you.

I think it started out as some marketing program to be able to know what products you own and to be able to target you with products to accessorize those that you own.

We all know they embedded the serial code on the back of every printed page of every laser or inkjet printer, to make sure they could track counterfeiters.

So you really think their going to depend on the counterfeiter to send in the warranty or rebate info? They have to have some sure fire way of knowing who owns what printers and their not going to depend on anyone going to commit a crime to be that dumb. They have made sure they can track us through our use of plastic and checks.

There are reports the gov. is one of the biggest buyers of marketing info kept on us all. I doubt their that interested in our buying habits if there isn't some hardcore info on us in the details. Just my opinion and theory.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I don't know whether it makes more sense to seek individual privacy, or to help make the Internet more like a noisy crowd.

Spoof your MAC address. Your IP address may change every time you log on to the Internet, but your ethernet card's MAC address is unique to your computer.

en.wikipedia.org...

Don't click on links, but rather, copy and paste URLs you want to visit. This prevents you from generating a referrer.

en.wikipedia.org...

Clean out your cookies several times a day, manually block cookies from advertising hosts, and don't ever search for anything while logged in to Google.

Create a separate, non-administrative login just for browsing purposes.

Just leave your cellphone at home sometimes, or turn it off when you don't need it.

www.news.com...

Run a copy of Linux with a steganographic file system.

Post random text to the Internet and perform random searches periodically. Leave cryptic voicemails and send arbitrary text messages.

Don't use color laser printers.

www.nature.com...

Pay with cash.

Don't take fun MySpace surveys.

TOR is not good privacy.

blog.wired.com...

Online encryption is not reliable privacy.

csrc.nist.gov...

Cathode ray tubes are not secure.

lists.essential.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Don't talk too loud.

www.schneier.com...

Don't move.

stinet.dtic.mil...

Don't forget to wear your tinfoil hat!

v3.espacenet.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Get rid of the government.

top topics

join