It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do my Eyes change color?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
My eye color changes depending on the weather.

Green - sunny, nice weather.
Brown - rain.
Blue (i've only had this happen once) - REALLY bad weather, natural disaster.

Wow look at all those colors! does this happen to anyone else?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

my eye colo changes in summer and winter in sumer is a realy light golden and in winter really dark brown other seasons well just normal brown

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
you really shouldn't have said when u were horny they turneed green that made me wanna puck but still i know someone well i am tottally in love with this person his name is kory i am thinking he is a vampire well half vampire LOL his eyes change color according to his mood and i've seen his brothers be diffrent colors too i just noticed that now but i've seen korys turn colors well i havent seen them shift to a diffrent color just at diffrent times his eyes change

from a golden yellow honey color when hes happy,dark blue when sad,green when probally what u said because i said some stuff before to him i tottally shouldnt have said and lol they changed green when i said that, morron when really mad,and black well vampires eyes change black when they want blood so thats him,and thats all but its very rare so if u dont believe in vampires u probally wouldnt pay attention to that lol so yeah nice talking to u eyes changing colors like that is really rare so u r a lucky one lol my eyes dont do that but they are hazel so they change brown and green and gold thats all BYE

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
my eyes change from blue, green to gray. Ive been told that it is a sign of the devil or mood swings. I dont pay them any mind so i dont now how often they change i would like to get sum facts or opinions on y this happens interesting.....

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well, I did some research for this seemingly unanswerable "problem" with eyes changing color and have came up with a few solutions. My eyes have changed color too in fact; sometimes, I'm a "hazel" which is really more-so like a greenishy-steel blue-brownish-amber color, but I'll call it hazel for simplicity! =D Well, as I was saying, my eyes change color too anywhere from hazel, to a really cool emerald-green, to maybe a little more brownish hazel, and to even greenish-blue. My point, my eye color changes are endless and impossible to describe because they are always changing (now staying at the greenish-blue more) As I'm getting older (I'm a teenager), my hair color has changed along with this. Before when I had hazel colored eyes, my hair was a light brown; now, my eye color is greenish blue with goldish-blonde hair. Strange, but true. I became a little frustrated as to why this was all occuring and people mentioning my eye color is changing and other things, so I did some research.

I discovered that eye color changes for some people because of your age, personality, feelings, genetics, surroundings, and current mood. Sometimes people's eyes don't change color because it's just in their genetics and because their body doesn't have that gene code that says to do that.

For example: If you have green eyes, in the shade outside, happy, calm, and relaxed, while in a pretty laid back mood, your eye color will be darker and more calm looking (along with a dilated pupil). However, if you became angrier, have adrenaline flowing, go into the sun, and are not as calm, your eye color (for a few people) will become lighter and seem not inviting. Sometimes, when you are younger, your eyes will change because your body is growing and changing. It has to do with your genetics and who you are related to. My brother used to have "pure" blue eyes when he was a baby but as he got older and became a toddler, his eyes changed to a greenish-blue, and finally are at green and haven't changed since.

So, the answer to your question is genetics, age, personality, feelings, surroundings, and current mood. Those all have effects in changing your eye color. There is no "medical" reason as to why your eyes change color; it's just your body's way of reacting to situations. I hope that answers your question; sorry for it being so long!

PS: The person who said you can tell someone loves you based on pupil dilation is infact true. If a person looks at you with large dilated eyes, they care for you and like you. There eyes may also sparkle and become very unique looking than before. Same is true for the person who said the opposite reaction.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

i have the same thing happen to my eyes. they change from light blue to green to hazel and sometimes light gold. all of them depend on the mood and if i try i can get them to change but no time to get them to the color i want. what is strange also i also have dragon in some names as dragonrobby.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Not to be a party crasher, all of these theories about emotion/weather-based changes seem kinda silly to me.

Some of it is just due to perceptual changes, as studied by psychology.

i241.photobucket.com...

^the shades of grey look different, and yet are the same.

If a simple color like gray can look so different in the above illusion, imagine what can happen with complex eye colors such as hazel or gray, which are really mixtures of many different colors.

I'm sure the changes in heart-rate and pupil dilation, blood-flow, etc caused by physiological arousal could also prove to be a factor in the "color change," but for the most part, I really think our eyes don't change color, we just perceive the color differently.

However, there are some "anomaly" or freak incidents where they genuinely do seem to change, I guess, based on some of these testimonies.

What does this mean for all of us? Dress smart (+ eyeshadow) to "change" your eye color subtly or dramatically.

Also, some people's eyes change color as they age. My grandparents eyes are lighter than they used to be.....or maybe they just look lighter....

Thus ends the unasked-for wall of text.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by alli3

My eyes are green like really GREENN they change to turquoisish yellowish brownish and i have different personalities too and man idk it's wierd i really wish that we havve answers to these questions, could be anything ,when i mean anything i mean good and evil anything.

who really know's...=)
it just caught my attention.
Peace Dolores

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Ya. my eyes do it too. alot of times when im angry they turn dark brown and then when im sad or excited they turn more hazel. otherwise they're just hazel. it's weird though cuz normally the outer ring of y eye is black then the first color is greenish then hazel but with mostly brown then brown towards the iris. sometimes you can even see a bit of blue in my eyes.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I've noticed that too! here are my eye colours..

Sad = piercing sky blue
hyper = pale greenish grey
happy/normal = aquamarine
angry = deep blue, almost black

my boyfriend calls me special. But i don't know why my eyes change colour. i also feel special.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

yea my eyes change color to its weird because they change depending on what im wearing
the only colors ive seen them change to are gray,green ,blue,hazel,brown and yellowish

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
yeh me 2

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Is this normal? Anyone else do this?

My eyes are normally blue, with a slight ring of green around the pupil. If I press my eyes in and hold for a couple minutes, upon releasing them, they change to bright green, then slowly fade back to normal. Neat trick at parties... I've been told they get green in other cases (emotions usually), but haven't really seen it for myself.

I know it's definitely not a lighting issue, as I can do the above trick standing at a mirror and see if for myself...in the same place with no lighting change.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
afraid someone will think I'm nuts so I'm replying anonymously.....nov12, 2008 I went to a parent teacher conference and turning away from the teacher while I was repeating what my boy had told me and that was"he really cares, Mom", when I turned back his desk between us, his face was only inches from mine and his brown eyes were now red and the white part looked bloodshot....I turned away for a few seconds and thought omg, he's crying, when I looked back it was the same, but like he was looking beyond me, then other possiblities in my mind kicked in and I pulled back quickly and so did he chatting fast and his eyes looked dark brown again, but I had this incredible feeling of closeness when it was happening, and if it wasn't for etiquite I would have stayed in that position and stared longer into his eyes....I couldn't tell if he was somewhere else, pitying me, but over a month later we were walking the opposite way down the hall and I had to look to see their color and we both looked at each other when we were right by and I looked again a second or two later to find him still staring, we both did until our heads could basicly turn no more, it was bizarre, but really intimate.....what the hell? like a conversation with no words....so what ya think?????

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

my eyes change colour all the time. only people who have seen it belive me.. i have no idea why.. but it is mood. they go green when i cry. and dark wen im cold.. which is almost never.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
My eyes are a really light green colour, but one has 3 brown dots in it and some blue lines whereas the other is half blue, half green with a different pattern of brown it in.
I have partial Heterochromia.

In the winter my eyes look very dark, almost brown.
When I cry they seem to be very bright green and the blue part goes a pearly colour.
In the summer my eyes are green, and the blue bit really stands out.
I think it is to do with the lighting

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the o.k.

It is not a medical issue or consparicy. my doctor told me its called dirochromatic. meaning yes they change color. i have been in one spot and my wife has watched them change 4 different colors. yes it does it with different color clothes and my mood. but i can also do it on command. it just takes control.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
mine change from blue to green on my mood and my shirt color i dont know why but i know people have seen them change and i dont like it-it bugs me deeply

:bnghd:

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join