It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do my Eyes change color?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Mine do too - the fact that they are really light in colour helps this, I think.

It depends with me, on the ambient light - mine can go green, grey or blue.

It gets commented on, but I like this, as it means women are looking at my eyes
- some even find them sexy!

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Can't tell you why it happens, but my gf always told me the same thing, my eyes would change from a brownish hazel colour to green, and from green to a more grey colour, never seen it happen myself tho

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
One word: CARBON. All of life is sparked by the chain of life: CARBON, HYDROGEN, NITROGEN and OYXGEN. Carbon being present in your entire body acts as a catalyst for any electrical changes (like dealing wit color)that happen inside you...If you didn't have CARBON your eyes would be CRYSTAL CLEAR (and you'd be DEAD...lol, cuz u can't live without carbon).

The smallest amount of carbon would allow you to live and look like the kid in the movie POWDER. He barely had carbon to synthesize in his skin that's why he was so WHITE!

The bottom line is this: if you have COLORED EYES or eyes that change color--you have CARBON. And if you have carbon you are technically a COLORED PERSON! Not WHITE.

The more carbon, the darker the skin. The less, the whiter the skin. But all people must have at least some carbon to be alive. Period. ONE DROP RULE revisited--LOL!

Thus, it makes no sense to fight over race. There is none. We're all brothas and sistas via the humanitarian sysnthesis of CARBON.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

i have blue-green eyes, but apparently they look intensely green when i am very angry, upset or deeply moved in some way. maybe it is some kind of hormonal change that affects the colour changes? i'd be very interested to find out a scientific explanation.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
the 1st time i really was aware that some peoples eyes change color
was at one of my stays at a 'treatment/detox center'....

'Jennifer' would sometimes have Carolina-Blue eyes, and other times a grey, and other times a hazel eye color, ~ this was over several months~

it seemed to be associated with the Librium or other brain drugs they were pumping her with...but i was not doing a controlled/scientific observation.

looking back, i recall others with weird eye color and then being aware that 'something was different about them'...it is possible that the >?iris?
changed color which made that 'something different'
but all these people were 'different' to begin with -> and i kinda sorta
thought they were vampires or druggies or just kinky sorts to begin with...

and eye color change was part of their personna, character,
and no big shakes

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Everyone's eyes can look different depending on what they are wearing and what kind of lighting they are in (like a yellow light, blue light or white light, etc). But apparently there are some striking anomolies that have nothing to do with those things, and I think emotions and hormones have a lot to do with the changes (drugs would affect the hormones and the moods of the people taking them). I did some light browsing on the internet, but didn't get much return for my search. Hope someone finds something interesting about this...

cheers

Chutso

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

intensely green when i am very angry, upset or deeply moved in some way.
i'd be very interested to find out a scientific explanation.

It has to do with the way your brain perceives color relative to its surroundings. Look at a "white" background on your computer monitor for example, and it will appear "white" relative to the surrounding colors. But hold a piece of clean "white" paper against your screen, and what looked white before will appear more of a gray. Blue and green are very close to one another. You've probably encountered instances where something looks blue sometimes and green other times.

In the case of your eyes, the "background" being changes by your mood is the amount of blood in your face. When you're angry, moved, etc. more blood goes to your face, making it more red. Thus, the relative color of your eyes appears to change.

If you hold your breath try to exhale really hard for a few moments, you should be able to effect the change deliberately. Just don't do it too long, or you may pass out.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by LordBucket]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
oh wow...i'm not alone...cool

Mine are mostly hazel, but change to brown blue grey and green from time to time.

Somebody noticed it just the other day too...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
erm yea ive noticed my eye colours keeps changing over a few days/hours/months depense whats happening around me e.g arguments, funny things ect... it even freaks me out.... it usually changes from blue to green or somtimes grey(only had it 1s i think... which was rly weird cos it went from green to grey-white) i find it kinda cool now so do most of my friends

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Im naturally blonde and my eyes used to be a grayish blue, but then when i decided to permanatly keep my hair dark red, my eyes turned a deep, bright emerald green, and stayed that way, they are so green people ask me if i wear color contacts.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by 23Eulogy23]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You're probably becoming a reptilian. Kill yourself before you completely transform into one and wreak havoc on the planet!

Ahhh I'm just kidding!

But honestly, I've seen some peoples eye colors change slightly depending on their mood.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
My eyes creep people out alot, sometimes they are so light grey, they look white with a dark blue ring around them!
...they look like they glow!

When I cry they turn a bright blueish green!

They usually stay in the shades of blue!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Haha, my eyes are green, but depending on my mood they will turn really blue.

Its always funny when someone I know sees my eyes change color for the first time cause they always freak!

Like, one time in the middle of class in school, my eyes changed to really light blue and my friend was watching and he freaked out, he was like "omg! your eyes are changing color right now!!"

My friends arent used to people's eyes changing that much cause they all have dark brown eyes...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

My eyes change color over time, and are sometimes two different colors, but people don't really notice unless they've been staring at my eyes for awhile. They are either green or blueish, hardly ever brown or gray.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
My eyes absolutely do this! I LOVE IT!!!!

SeaGreen - sad
Deep Green - Horny or MAD
BLUE - Happy and Content
AQUA BLU - Excited

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
same here mine used to be blue then gray and now green they will change after a couple months and i'm very curious to know why. I never know which one is my real eye color

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
its nothing to do with the lighting, or your shirt at all.....like im wearing a light blue shirt right now and my eyes are dark green no matter what light i look at them in. but most of the time my eyes are a blueish gray. Something, if it help, that might be contributing is that my eyes are really dry and irritated right now.....and answers?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
well, my eyes change color to, they go from green to blue, and when i get extremely pissed off they go black, but idk, cuz i tried standing in front of a mirror for a while to see if they changed and they did, so i dont think it could be just the lighting, although that could be a contributing factor

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join