Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why do my Eyes change color?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   
For my whole life my eyes will change from green to blue. I have really freaked people out before, I would be talking to them and they would react and be like, "wow I just watched your eyes change color!"

My wife always said that it was based on my mood, that every time we would fight they would go really blue but when I was uh horny they would be green. All of the government ID's I have had show different eye color.

Is this normal? Anyone else do this?

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Is it possible that its different lighting conditions that make your eyes appear to be different colors?

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

That would be my guess. That and weather conditions. My own eye colour varies between hazel, brown and black, depending on time of day and weather.

I haven't really noticed if the colour changes when I'm.. horny. I must check this out... if I can remember it. Chances are I won't, as my blood drains away from my head. Hey that might be a reason, too!

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
I haven't really noticed if the colour changes when I'm.. horny. I must check this out... if I can remember it. Chances are I won't, as my blood drains away from my head. Hey that might be a reason, too!

The pupils get bigger though. Its a good way to see if someone is attracted to you.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
My x-wife claimed for over a decade to be able to judge my mood by my eye color. Environmental factors can play a role, but if these factors do not change but the color does, I do wonder why?

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Mine change between blue and grey, my gf always comments when its different..
its odd...

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Have you noticed what colour your eyes are when your pupils are dilated and when they are constricted?

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The iris has these little particles that adjust to the light. and they are like muscles. they move and do all cool things on their own. there are these to absorb light around the entrance of the eye. it's like a filter that surrounds it to protect you from bad rays. therefore, in certain light situations the colors will change as the lines move around. my eyes change from green to hazel brown when I go from sunlight to dark.

so no, you are not a reptile.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
the reason the color changes. it's because the inside of the eye walls, as they are parallel and surrounding the eye have colors on both sides. so in one side it could be grayish and on the other side green. think of a piece of paper with different colors on each side..and while you see the paper from it's side you get to see more of each color as it moves with the wind.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have had my eyes called hazel, blue, green and grey. It seems to do with the ambient light how they appear, and even what color I’m wearing, but I’ve never had anyone claim to have seen them change. It’s nice to have people talk about them anyway.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
my eyes are brown, green or hazel. it seems to me that they tend to change with my mood. or at least thats when i notice it. anyone else feel this way?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
If I cry...my eyes get such a dark shade of green - and they only get that shade of green at that time.

If I wear brown - they lean a little more towards the brown side, yet still green.

Usually my shades vary depending on what color im wearing

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
The pupils get bigger though. Its a good way to see if someone is attracted to you.

It can also mean that somebody is afraid or wary of you. ; )

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Is your avatar the true color of your eyes? If so they are true green, like my moms.

Anyone ever seen gold eyes? I've met one person with eyes that color. They were like a lions eyes, very unique.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I guess nobody has mentioned it yet, so I'll mention it first......

you sir, are a reptilian!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
For my whole life my eyes will change from green to blue. I have really freaked people out before, I would be talking to them and they would react and be like, "wow I just watched your eyes change color!"

My wife always said that it was based on my mood, that every time we would fight they would go really blue but when I was uh horny they would be green. All of the government ID's I have had show different eye color.

Is this normal? Anyone else do this?

This is a "Medical Issue or Conspiracy" ?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
I have had my eyes called hazel, blue, green and grey. It seems to do with the ambient light how they appear, and even what color I’m wearing, but I’ve never had anyone claim to have seen them change. It’s nice to have people talk about them anyway.

Mine are the same way. The clothes I wear have a distinct effect. However, over the years, I've noticed the biggest differences occur after exercise, or more accurately, sports. They tend to get really blue. I'm guessing the color change after sports are due to the endorphin release.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
My eyes are blue (at least they are supposed to be), but they often change from blue to green to grey. This definitely is also affected by the clothes that I am wearing, and the weather. I always thought it had something to do with light being reflected or something... I am not a scientist, so don't judge my explanation!

I have also read a lot of stuff about people with Rh negative blood types who have eyes that change color like that. I don't think there's anything special about it, though. Unless it's some kind of chemical that Rh negative people have in their eyes that makes them reflect light a certain way, or something.

Whatever. It's cool. Just enjoy it.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistor

You know Everytime they changed color in front of some one, it was always a female, and well lets just say good things always followed.

I first became aware of them changing color in Jr. High, after that when I had to get any kind of ID, they would ask my eye color, I would respond by opening them wide and ask you tell me. Mine ranges from all the blues to green, and I guess you would call it grey{pale}

Originally posted by TheoOne

Yes thats it, Now All Need To Bow Down Before Me, for I Am Your Fearless Ruler, oh well if I could shoot lazer beams out of them I would change my name to General Zod, and the only one that could oppose me would be Superman!!!!

Originally posted by Alexander the o.k.
This is a "Medical Issue or Conspiracy" ?

And This adds to this thread, How???? And it could very well be a medical issue!!! Thats Why I Posted This.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne

lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join