It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Revelation About Investigating Conspiracies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hi everybody! I have been researching aspects of conspiracies for six or seven years now and I have come to the conclusion that the more you research these conspiracies the more crap is being sold about them. When I first heard Alex Jones on Coast to Coast Am challenging everyone listening to research what he was saying and I found that the only source of information that supported what he was saying was from his own websites. The more I looked into various conspiracy subjects the more I found evidence that the evidence was anecdotal or in some cases complete misrepresentation of facts. Also everyone has a book, video or a website membership to sell more doubtful information. The only conspiracy I can prove to exists is the one to sell forth rate fiction disguised as truth.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Welcome, and duly noted !!

You are quite correct in the notion
that they are after the all-mighty
dollar.

Keep looking.

Some are seeking the truth.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I have had the same revelation, I had a good laugh when the boys at loose change were charging for their download, and their loyal followers found a way to get it free anyway

I have learned to check for corroboration of all facts. There was a thread recently claiming 5 million americans disappear every year, hinting they were reptilian food. It turns out the number is about 100.

Its sad really, the biggest names out there claiming to be revealing truth are telling the biggest lies and really just taking advantage of people looking for something to believe in. I'd be pretty pissed if I had spent any money on books or downloads.

You have to question every source, if it's NASA, CNN, ATS, the gov't, whatever, and look for corroboration.

I have also found you have to really look for "" marks associated to specific people on specific dates in specific locations, or you are probably looking at a pure fabrication.

There are of course conspiracies happening all around us, you just have to stay on your toes.

Another sad part of the John Lears and David Icke's of the conspiracy community is while the intelligent and curious and free thinkers are spinning their wheels looking for a breathable atmosphere on the moon, holographs at the WTC and reptlilians on youtube, real conspiracies go under exposed

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Wow, I am glad I am not alone.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Your experience is completely different from mine, thats all I can say. If you believe 9/11 truthers are crazy, you havent looked into what they are saying.

But you dont mention any specific conspiracy theory, so I dont know what to tell you more specifically.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I wonder if the guys who researched some of these felt that way:

1950 Project MKULTRA
1953 Operation Midnight Climax
1962 Operation Northwoods
1967 to ? USS LIBERTY
1969 to 1982 Italian Strategy of tension
1972 to 1974 Watergate scandal
1981 to 1986 Iran-Contra
1995 The Bojinka Plot
1995 Oklahoma City bombing
2005 Bernard Ebbers

All this deny ignorance is for a reason at least I think it is. You would have to be be rather naive to think that of all those people trying to make money out of UFO's, Aliens, Alternative energy, etc, etc. are to some degree telling the truth. They may be being manipulated they might not have the intelligence levels of academics but they believe. When a academic stands up and puts his rep on the line then have the decency to take notice, even if they are american. Freedom of speech is important as is freedom of thought, with this post you paint all with the same brush, money grabbers.

If a persons only proof is their word, do you believe them?

If that person was your father would that change your mind?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by faustxxxxii

What do you think about 9/11? It appears to have been done by the Bush's and the Pakistani ISI (some Saudi involvement too, the Bin Laden family of course)?

[edit on 27-11-2007 by Raoul Duke]

new topics

top topics

join