It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Woman Banned From Entering New Zealand Because She is Too Fat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

British Woman Banned From Entering New Zealand Because She is Too Fat

www.dailymail.co.uk

A British woman planning to start a new life with her husband in New Zealand has been banned from entering the country - because she is too fat.

Rowan Trezise, 33, has been left behind in England while her husband Richie, 35, has already made the move down under leaving her desperately trying to lose weight.

When the couple first tried to gain entry to the country they were told that they were both overweight and were a potential burden on the health care system.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I've never heard of weight being a factor in immigration laws before!

I can see New Zealand's view on this, but I think it is rather extreme to say the least.

New Zealand uses the Body Mass Index (BMI) to decide if somebody is too overweight to move to New Zealand. If your BMI is over 25, you better go on a diet if you want to move to New Zealand

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Yes I can see there take on this. It does seem some what extreme to me also. I am just also thinking that we may be seeing more of this also. So long as the government has a health care system, then they will continue to invoke stronger controls over your life. As with all things there ever was and ever will be. When you gain a little bit of protection, you loose a little bit of freedom.

new topics

join