It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deceptive advertising rant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Right now I'm reading a box of toothpaste. On the front it is clearly written

Crest PRO-HEALTH night

above that :

Cleaner Mouth in the Morning*

so, if I flip the box over I read :

Effective day or night, Crest Pro-Health Night is formulated with a unique nighttime flavor.

unique nighttime flavor !! GIVE ME A BREAK

It's my belief they lead you to believe their is some "unique" ingredient that fights plaque, tartar or cavities overnight. If I want fresh breath in the morning I'll gargle with Listerine.

Jeebus.

Okay. I'm not done.

I bought a bottle of cranberry/grape juice today and when I got home I didn't expect to see apple juice as the main ingredient. If I wanted apple juice I would have picked the juice bottle labeled "apple juice" off the shelf.

Crikes

whew, I feel better

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Isn't it amazing how much you learn about products when you turn it around and start reading the label...ingredients, etc. Don't be surprised if every other product you buy is deceptive in it's naming

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Right now I'm reading a box of toothpaste.

Well your reading it. But let's say you didn't.

You still would have gotten bombarded with ads on TV, Radio, Internet, Mail.. etc. I don't just hate deceptive ads! I'm sick of advertising all the way around !

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
there is this anti-wrinkle stuff over h'yar right... DNAge its called. apparently, in the words of the ad: clinically proven to target your DNA and cure the effects of aging... :bash:

im surprised that the people in the testing didnt end up with 5 arms and a tail with all that DNA modification. and we only just cracked the genome...

:bash:

new topics

top topics

join