It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone on youtube claims to have found on earth a similar like region as Cydonia on Mars?!?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well,

The topic says it all.
If this is real then I think its worth to mention. But...hmmzz...

I see some funny similarities like the "face". But the other parts...? As I am not into the geometrie of the Cydonia area I cant tell if the other similarities really exists. So in my very fast opinion I would say this is a little to far fetched

But I didn't study it.

Maybe some members are into the cydonia case some more and can easily debunk this.

I am interested in you opinions. Thank you.

LINK

Greeting Lunica

[edit on 17-11-2007 by Lunica]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
that was pretty kool.

but i dont know what he is trying to say
is he trying to say nasa faked mars pics with stuff from earth?
idk whats the point.

the only mars-earth connection i know of is this one.www.mars-earth.com...

[edit on 17-11-2007 by Drzava]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I think he is telling us that "some ancient people" has made another Cydonia like region on Earth.

If thats so it would be worth to know. But I cant tell you

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica
I think he is telling us that "some ancient people" has made another Cydonia like region on Earth.

If thats so it would be worth to know. But I cant tell you

but that region is suppose to be Egypt.
www.mars-earth.com...

[edit on 17-11-2007 by Drzava]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
that was quite pathetic...

I ask,

Is the scale of these "monuments on earth" the same size as the ones on Mars?
Will those earth pictures show a face during a different time of the day?
will they show those monuments on a actual picture and not a low quality google earth image?

I do believe something was once there on mars and some of the Mars anonmolys are truely made by someone else.

But this is a pathetic attempt, with crappy music, and its someone trying to get ratings or trying to feel more important than he actually is...

I could find the same "monuments" or similar on earth in different places. All you have to do is mess with scale and angle.. Someone did this before and it was debunked in epic fashion.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I don't know the details, but the orientation of the face of Cydonia has been "adjusted" in order to fit the "terrestrial" one:

The "cydonia geometric relationship scheme" should be the Hoagland's one, and
could have been taken from here:
www.enterprisemission.com...

I can't get the other relationships' meaning, anyway, nice find, Lunica

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Childish drivel. IMHO. Sorry. Someone with way too much time on their hands.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It's statistically inevitable that humans will see human faces and other anomalies in rock formations on every planet. Cydonia is just a bunch of rocks, that's all.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I did not see any Earth based Cydonia like monuments on the video. Sorry. I wish idiots that post to YouTube would keep the crappy soundtracks off the videos they want other people to see.

[edit on 11-17-2007 by groingrinder]

[edit on 11-17-2007 by groingrinder]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

So much for denying ignorance...
simply put... you're wrong

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by isitmagic

About which part exactly? We, as humans, see shapes in every single thing we look at. When you look at the clouds, do you not see shapes? How do you think we attribute shapes to constellations? It's part of human nature, it's a way of better grasping certain things.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitmagic
reply to post by Riposte

So much for denying ignorance...
simply put... you're wrong

I guess you didn't watch the video then? Or is every face you see in a rock formation on Earth evidence of intelligent construction?

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It would be nice if someone can do a more in depth study of the region on earth using high resolution satellite imaging. It is possible that the youtube user has found something significant, but his video isn't going to make believers out of anyone.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
After watching the vid, I see where there going, but I don't see what they see. I agree with 3rdeye that the same type of formations could be found in many places if you mess with the scale and angle.

I also believe there is more to that region than we are being told, whether it is Alien or not will hopefully be answered in my life. If it does turn out to be simple rock formations, ah well, we've still got UFO sightings to amuse us.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by internosgreat link internos I read and I got some info from it besides the cydonia topic.

Why is it that everytime a member post something about Mars they all get into heat about it

is it because in another lifetime they lived on Mars and they couldn't
hack it
just kidding>>but anyway there are mysteries on mars that someday will be revealed and correlations will be made to those of earth, with the help of those individuals who have inquisitive minds and are willing to ignore those who only choose to ridicule their capacity to genuinely research topics of this nature.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The only argument I have regarding the face on Earth is what if the sun were not at that particular location?

The face would not be evident, there are probably plenty of formations that look like faces when the lighting is proper, just so happens this one is on a map.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I've completed a lot of research concerning Cydonia. Its interesting to say the least. The other formations that Hoagland refers to have many characteristics that cannot be dismissed. You must realize that if artificial they are probably millions of years old. The earth faces in the video (2) are intriguing but most likely just natural formations. A million years ago on earth the poles were more like swamps with no glaciers. The area where these faces are have been carved by glaciers for a long time. It definitely would need a lot more research before I could ever say it was artificial. Cool video though.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Why is it that all face-like shapes on earth are natural formations / light effects, etc and the ones on mars are OMGZ ALIEN MADE?!? -.-

Isn't there a possibility those are naturals too?

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The YouTube poster who made the video will have to wait for others to check his "discovery", that's the nature of research and investigation. Not to build you're house on straws and sand, but to dig and dig. Then develop a theory to fit the facts, not twist the facts to fit a personal theory. Which I hate to say, it kinda seems like he/she is doing. But you can never be sure until others investigate you're findings, and you're friends doing so don't count, that's one of the things this site is about. Honest discussion and sharing of ideas and data, so we don't get another Bielek/Nichols, oh yea this is my friends and co-author we saw the same things years ago and there's no other witness we'll introduce so then it's gotta be real because we agree. That's not data that's not research that's but badly written sci-fi and Bielek and Nichols just bad sci-fi writers. Also the video's point the geometric placing of the Earth "monuments" dose not exactly line up with those on Mars, they barley even look like them. But hey that's the nature of investigation to pull apart and dig, if there's truth there's truth. if not then move on.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I saw the face, but I didn't see the other stuff he mentioned. It's hard to see the connections he's trying to make. I also find his argument flawed when he has bad music on it. But overall, good post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join