It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan's Musharraf warns on nuke weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Pakistan's Musharraf warns on nuke weapons

www.msnbc.msn.com

LONDON - President Pervez Musharraf, defending his decision to declare emergency rule, has said Pakistan's nuclear weapons could fall into the wrong hands if elections led to disturbances.

The comments, in a BBC interview broadcast on Saturday, come as U.S. envoy John Negroponte visited Pakistan to put pressure on Musharraf to revoke the two-week-old emergency, make peace with opposition leader Benazir Bhutto and hold fair elections.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This has always been a area of concern, what happens to their nukes if there is political trouble in this country? It's hard to say, but I think he isn't really going to hold elections as promised. Their is disturbances already, it could get worse and possibly lead to a civil war, then what?

The world could really regret the day they developed nuclear weapons.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I don't think he'll allow an election for the simple reason that he's never been a popular leader and wouldn't have lasted this long without US support. He's a dictator in the truest sense and overthrew Pakistan's elected Prime Minister, so once again we're reaping what we sowed.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Could have been the plan from the start?

Make it look like they could fall in to the wrong hands and take ultimate control through a false flag situation.

Bit far fetched but possible.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
If Musharraf is worried about the security of the nuclear arsenal, why not destory the weapons? Simple solution yes?

Remember what happened with Iran when we backed the Shah too far? Extremists took control and relations with the West have been zero since.

Do we want another Iran with Pakistan?

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
He'd never do that. In his mind, Pakistan's nukes are the only thing stopping India from waging full out war against them. He'll keep control of Pakistan or go down firing I think.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
He'd never do that. In his mind, Pakistan's nukes are the only thing stopping India from waging full out war against them. He'll keep control of Pakistan or go down firing I think.

Man I hope not! If nukes start flying, the whole world would be in trouble.

I find it disturbing that he is using this as a excuse to stay in power. Trouble ahead me thinks

new topics

top topics

join