It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baikal Expedition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Greetings fellow ATS Survival forum members.

I'm currently planning an expedition to Lake Baikal.
en.wikipedia.org...

My personal aim is to document and possibly film the phenomena occuring over and around this amazing body of water.

The expedition is planned for mid-Summer 2008. A lot of research shall be done before going out there. Has anyone been there? Any tips? Is anyone willing to join the expedition?

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is occurring at lake Baikal?

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I`ve got a couple of friends who have made the trek via Vladivostok (and then continuing south into Mongolia). Straight run on the siberian express, isn`t it? Aside from the usual warnings that apply when traveling in rural Russia, none of them offered any indication that it was all that dangerous or harrowing (compared to the roadless trek to Ulaanbator that followed, anyway). Bring bear protection.

What are you trying to document?

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

UFOs (Lights over the Lake), The Baikal Lake Monster, Shamen rituals, etc...

It is unfortunately not documentated in English resources, but we got plenty of Russian resources for paranormal Lake Baikal.

So I hope I get something on tape, photo..

I've got a crew participant who just wants to see its beauties.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
That sure is some spectacular landscape that you will be seeing

Russia has some great landscapes hidden in its vast areas indeed and we can only hope they stay pristine for a long time.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If anyone wants to join us, you are welcome. We = 2 people. We could go with a crew of up to 6 people.

Time: Summer 2008, around 20th of July, for 1 month.

For more information - feel free to U2U/MSN or mail me

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I was there in the mid ninties during the crash of the ruble. Back then you could trade anything western ( t-shirt, Levi's, coins , etc ) on the street for US dollars.

When I travel I always visit the message board over at Lonely Planet. It's called Thorntree. Unfortunely it is under going maintenance until further notice.

I'm very envious. That part of the globe is incredible. It reminds me alot of the great plains of the West in the States. Rolling hills that go on forever. I took the Trans-Siberian from Moscow, we skirted the lake then headed to Mongolia and eventually Beijing.

If it's is possible. Hook up with travelers in Europe. THere will far more travelers there going through Russia rather trying to find travelers here in North America.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
LEARN RUSSIAN!

Maybe just maybe you could hook with some Russians who are interested in this stuff, eh? Irkutsk is a major city not too far from the lake, you might want to post around on Russian message boards and see what you could find out about people from there...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim_Kraken
LEARN RUSSIAN!

I am Russian, so that's no problem

Yes, I've already thought about Irkutsk message boards and camping web-site resources - they are of great help.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
hi MastaG,

love the thread, i would be very interested in joining you as i am planning on heading out to the eastern edge of Siberia at the end of summer anyway for my own research.

it would be good if we could get in touch and work something out.

i was watching a BBC documentry last night all about the Alexander Litvinenko Polonium 210 incident in London,
in it there was an interview with a retired colonel from the KGB. behind his desk was seveal maps and photos, Most of the maps and photos were of Lake Baikal !!!!!

please get in touch , and i will send you my email.

snoopyuk

top topics

join