It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

January 2004, Our Biggest Month Ever! (really big)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Even with a reasonably effective 5-hour long denial of service attack, which resulted in initiated limited board accessibility to keep core services running for members-only, January was still our biggest month ever... by a wide margin. As a matter of fact, January's overall total numbers were almost twice as high as October, our first month on the new Dual-Xeon dedicated server. In January, we had 385,020 total unique visitors, which is more than 50,000 more than our previous best month of November, 2003. In January, we had 4,740,275 total page-views, one-half million more than our previous best month of November, 2003. And finally, our January bandwidth was a monstrous 143.6 gigabytes, 40 gigabytes more than our previous best month of November, 2003. An amazing history of growth that every member has contributed to. Thank you one and all. Now... for the bad news. In just four months, we've nearly doubled overall traffic on our new dedicated Dual-Xeon server... but overall sever load specific to the AboveTopSecret.com and BelowTopSecret.com domains have increased by a factor of 2.6 since, even after optimizing much of the code. More work will be going into the server and board code-base in the near future, so February may experience some changes or even down-time as we look at ways to better optimize performance. So there you have it... the amazing growth continues. [Edited on 1-2-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
WOW...damn!!!

Way to go ATS

Some of it due to Kano's thread tho right!

Great goin guys!

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Some of it is... yes... but most of that traffic was on ATSNN.com, with only a trickle to AboveTopSecret.com form the article. Even if I remove that entire day, January is still our biggest month by a wide margine.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
How about positioning all images on several small shared webspaces or extra servers that will come cheaper than upgrading from supa-server to supa-dupa server?

As far as I remember several small webpackages with like 50mb space are cheaper than whole new dedicated servers. Could really save traffic.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Don't the DDoS attacks show as hits too, though? How can you tell the difference?

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Excellent!

I would be very curious to see how our stats compare with some of the other "big" message board community's out there.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr Don't the DDoS attacks show as hits too, though? How can you tell the difference?
No. They were packets of a non-http origin, and flooded the server's services in other ways.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Wow!

Okay, everybody.... CLICK THOSE ADS!

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Jesus Christ!! Those are some Huge numbers. IF ATS keeps growing like this there will be no stoping it.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
wow way to go ats

always a pleasure to see growth at ats

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
It's getting a bit crowded around here, what say we buy the internet? The whole damn thing outright. I'm pretty sure Al Gore will sell it at a reasonable price, that way we won't have to worry about bandwidth or server space anymore.

Seriously though, what a phenom this site is becoming!

PEACE...
m...

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
what say we buy the internet? The whole damn thing outright. I'm pretty sure Al Gore will sell it at a reasonable price,

Hehehehehe...Why haven't we thought of that before?

Seriously, congradulations to all the ATS staff & members for the amazing grownth.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Then February will be the biggest
Then March
Then April
Then May...

What's the point, really.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Time for a new server?

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Time for a new server?

That's what I was thinking. At the rate we're growing we'll need a faster server sooner rather than later. So click on the google ads people and keep the revenue coming in.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
~Wow that's KEEN! Great job staff!~

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Excellent!

I would be very curious to see how our stats compare with some of the other "big" message board community's out there.
For your viewing pleasure.Stats!Here are the stats for the biggest sites on the web.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   

For your viewing pleasure.Stats!Here are the stats for the biggest sites on the web.

Where is ATS?

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Where is ATS?

I was looking at the list and I didnt see ATS anywhere. Thats weird I thought ATS would be at least in the top 100.

DoD

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
WAY TO GO ATS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

new topics

top topics

join