It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dollar's decline: from symbol of hegemony to shunned currency

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Hi There,

Just thinking out aloud here, but could it be possible that the reason for the devaluing of the American dollar is to give the Amero an easy introduction?

Best wishes

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I do think that even with the sub-prime mortgate problem, the US dollar will still be around. There are reasons for this:

1) Contrary to what people say, the Euro is not on stable economic ground, especially with France and Germany (supposedly the two strongest EU members) experiencing persistent economic problems.

2) China's economy is woefully overheated, and people are starting to warn that there is a potentially HUGE economic bubble in China that could burst anytime.

With the Euro and Chinese Yuan both on potentially even shakier grounds than the US dollar, OPEC could end up splitting up because nobody will be able to agree on a unified international currency for oil payments.

In the end, we may see a return to gold and silver standards, probably at the accepted one troy ounce gold = nine troy ounce silver reference used during the 19th Century.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SactoGuy001

In the end, we may see a return to gold and silver standards, probably at the accepted one troy ounce gold = nine troy ounce silver reference used during the 19th Century.

www.lewrockwell.com...

silverbearcafe.com...

Then fascist governments will make it illegal to own like FDR in 1933 and the current gubment confiscating the Liberty dollar metals.

www.greaterthings.com...

Constitutionally Illegal. When are people going to wake up. No wonder they push so hard to Fluoridate our drinking water.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
the key problem for dollar is that America consume too much more than they deposit that leads the lack of investment and domestic products. the huge red deficit in current account must be offset by capital surplus that makes america fall into severe debt. With the things worsen, dollar will become more weak. A bad circle.

to solve the problem, America needs increase deposit to fund investment domestically. no other option. but thus would cause lack of dollar internationally.

it is Triffin Dilemma.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SactoGuy001
1) Contrary to what people say, the Euro is not on stable economic ground, especially with France and Germany (supposedly the two strongest EU members) experiencing persistent economic problems.

I have to disagree Germany is strong economically since i'd say 2002 or something.Regarding my country, France, it's certainly true but the thing is on the political level they're currently adjusting everything to comply the today's rules/contraints/needs.So i'm hopeful, not at 100% but hopeful still.
Actually, according to some sources, my country never was richer than today see this article FR the matter being the middle class a.k.a the working class don't have the benefit of this money.

The country suposed to be strong economically in Europe is none but UK but i heard the mortgage crisis stroke them badly.

Like i say, europe is a long time dream and it's about to be in full effect sooner than most of us thought (even myself).
Next big important step,amongst other things, will be to protect us efficiently from China exports.
It's not that i hate China and the "kids work" but this can't last forever that's for certain.

[edit on 20-11-2007 by themaster1]

[edit on 20-11-2007 by themaster1]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wwssii

Exactly, people do not get the concept of how a healthy economy works, in order to maintain wealth it has to be produced, the GPD index is painting a picture of prosperity that doesn't exist because our trade deficit tells the truth.

GPD was never mean to be used to show how well a nation is doing because from the beginning was easily manipulated like numbers are always manipulated.

We can not survive in consumerism alone and that is what has been keeping our economy afloat.

The people that controls the markets, the CEOs and corporate America are the ones that has gotten fat and rich on the Americas give away but we the regular Joe are not getting anything out of it, but a weak dollar and a fake sense of prosperity that now is tumbling down the hill and hitting us on top of our heads.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Here is an interview ( of 4th Dec 2007) with Paul Craig Roberts :

Who he is : en.wikipedia.org...

It is not only about the dollar but goes on to mention the current politics especially in regard to the recent NIE report. He has some positive things to say regarding how the US bureaucracy may at last be working against the Bush admin to restore some sanity. It is about 20- 25 mins long .

www.zen13564.zen.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
A long but interesting article at Spiegal Online ( 7 pages)

Why America's Currency Is the World's Problem

The ailing US economy seems to be driving the exchange rate of the dollar inexorably downward, with serious consequences for the global economy. Politicians and central bankers are looking on helplessly as the economic outlook worsens by the day and European companies rack up huge losses.

www.spiegel.de...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join