It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming Could Be 'Abrupt, Irreversible'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Global Warming Could Be 'Abrupt, Irreversible'

www.foxnews.com

Warming of the climate system is unequivocal," the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's Summary for Policymakers begins in a statement meant to dispel any skepticism about climate change.

It goes on to say that global warming could lead to "abrupt and irreversible" results, such as the widespread extinction of species,
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
observer.guardian.co.uk

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This is the findings of a U.N. pannel. IMHO the pannel has a financial goal here in predicting global doom! Probably a third world anti western hate scheme.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
It's all just a third world anti-western hate scheme?

Let me guess.. they hate our freedom?

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Makes a change, it's often suggested to be western method of keeping the third-world in mud huts.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Hi melatonin,
I see this as an ongoing competition between in this case the 3rd world countries and the more developed nations. They like to put the blame on us so that possible sanctions can be imposed to their advantage and so that we will feel the guilt and possibly give up freedoms and our money.
3rd world nations want to compete economically as much as possible and I suppose this is one way they see that may give them an edge.
3rd world nations by nature are less environmentally friendly because they don't have the money or resources to clean up their messes. Although China is more of an emerging or 2nd nation country, their lack of environmental concern stands as an example of the challenges we face.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Same old Rhetoric, nothing new here. Repackaging same old stuff to attempt to affect the Bali meeting. Pretty lackluster for a group of Nobel Prize winners if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Today’s Global Warming effects could be part of a 20-30 million year cycle. A galactic event. Our coming into alignment with our space in the universe. 2012. An effect of increased gravitational effects on our tiny solar system. Think of a ball bearing, rolling across a plate of glass that has a strong magnetic field perpendicular to its direction, at some point. Our sun is that ball bearing. Effects will probably increase before our planet settles back into its normal balance with our sun, as it’s primary influence. Our sun not as strongly influenced by our greater universe, as it will be, for the next few decades.

new topics

top topics

join