It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens after Earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Someday the Earth will die; whether we destroy it, a meteor obliterates it, or the Sun swallows it, someday it's dead.

So what I'm wondering is; What happens to all the Earth bound spirits when this happens? Are our spirits dependant upon the Earths energy? If not, then what do we do, just float around space? Or do we search for another life sustaining planet?

This brings up another issue...

What if our spirits are dependant on reincarnation? Isn't it a possibility that our spirit needs to "recharge" itself by incarnating and living in a physical body for a while? If so, I wonder what the shelf-life for a spirit is, and what happens if the Earth is gone and we don't find another host planet in time.....

I guess the answers to these questions depend upon ones views on the afterlife, spiritual energy, extraterrestrial life, and reincarnation... among other things. Since these factors are all so subjective, they tend to vary from culture to culture, family to family, and person to person. Due to the multitude of interpretations for each of these factors, this could become a very interesting discussion...

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I think the universe as we see it is merely a construct for this dimension. There will be no jumping around in space, trying to find another planet if the planet gets destroyed. This entire reality you are experiencing will change into something completely different when you die.

[edit on 17-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I do not see our spirits/souls/being has being earth based. The closest thing is the Star Wars Jedi concept, that we are all part of the universe, and are not dependant on just a single planet to remain alive after our mortal bodies died.

Of course, what happens when the universe dies?

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I don't think we are limited to Earth, I think we have all lived many lifetimes away from this planet. But as we speak their are many changes going on around us, both phsyical and spiritual, the shift is coming soon and it is going to be wonderful, all of our questions are going to be answered soon.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
So far, I agree with all of the responses. What, imo, constitutes the little bits of the Creator (which we call souls) are not just of this Earth, but of the universe itself. Everything is included in the Creator, so how can what is on one rather insignificant dirtball be any more important when compared to anything else in the entire mass of the universe?

I'd have to do some digging, but I remember reading somewhere that every atom in existence is 'aware' of every other. That's quite a concept. That awareness is also reflected in humans when we talk about the Collective Unconscious. Nature shows the same abilities and manifest themselves in flocks of sandpipers doing amazing 'group acrobatics' or the determined works of ant colonies. When we look, we see examples everywhere.

There is more to life than the obvious, of that I am sure.

Life on Earth is forever fluctuating, but, on the whole will attempt to balance itself. Now there are many more humans alive than history and the fossil record shows. The animal kingdom suffers to make room. When we are culled (love that word
) , once again the animals will replenish themselves. Nature ensures balance and won't abide imbalance.

If the planet were to be destroyed, the spirit which resides in all things will return to the Creator and be re-created in another portion of the universe. Nothing is ever lost, and, much like energy, will only change. When the universe is finally destroyed, all of that energy will be re-created in another universe.

This is a good thread, Icon_xof, and I look forward to the thoughts of others on this question.

I wonder what it would be like to be rock or water and conscious? To see a world change over millions of years, either from the vantage point of a mountain peak or the depths of the ocean. What would it be like to be a planet, slowly spinning through galaxies toward the final destruction of a black hole only to re-appear instantly in another universe or plane?

Maybe we already can 'know' what such awareness is like, but just haven't come to realize it yet. If we ask ourselves, perhaps that which is the Creator in us will let us know.

punctuation edit

[edit on 17/11/07 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Icon..I have been quoted before as saying that Iam here now in the physical,and I'll worry about the spiritual when I die.
Obviously everyones own beliefs come into play here, but what we all believe to be truth, and what the truth really is are two different things entirely.
Now I have a tendency to believe that my spirit, as everyones, and plants and animals and even rocks...everything..is energy.Period.You cannot destroy it.It can move from one entity or another, Reincarnation, or it can move to another plane of existence, interdimensional.
I believe if there was no earth, our spirits would either remain in whatever realm they chose, or seek a new vessel...just like they already do, regardless of whether there is planet earth or not.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
i look at the "spirit" the same way I look at a human being, or an organ.

For example, our bodies are really just a complex system of organs. Those organs are just complex systems of cells. It's a case of the whole is greater than its parts.

Same with the spirit. The spirit is just the cumulative energy of a person - a combination of physical, mental and sexual energies. Once the physical body is taken away, you are left with the building blocks of energy. I would imagine at this point, that energy could turn into anything - from heat, to electricity, to anything else.

I'm a big believer in that matter/energy cannot be created nor destroyed theory.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The soul absorbs out to the sun where it will be tormented.

new topics

top topics

join