It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video and pics of a very clear Movie Prop UFO on Nov. 16 in Allentown, PA !!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
PS

I just read a preceding post that suggest that I MYSELF knew this was a prop
or a hoax- and that I AS A MEMBER am in the wrong- that I intentionally misled
you all...

I REPEAT- I heard from a local friend about a UFO that was seen locally-
and I mistook the SENSATIONAL HEADLINE from NBC.10 to confirm
that is was a real sighting of a UFO (there was NO supporting story- only slides)

So- like I said- SORRY it was not what NBC purported it to be-
but please BE CAREFUL with accusations that members (like myself)
are trying to dupe my fellow ATSers... I am not such a member
and my post history confirms that- so please, to those who said it,
reconsider who you accuse of perpetrating a hoax---

In my mind, NBC Channel 10 in Philly is to blame here...

TPM HDF

PPS

To ACCESS DENIED:

Bad form for you to accuse me- to say "I knew it was fake" when I posted this...

I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT- and I think you owe me an apology.

NO ONE HERE should accuse ANYONE of knowingly posting a HOAX
without AT LEAST asking them directly...

that is UnAmerican and unfair... and unlike you, Access Denied.

I remember what Springer wrote a few weeks ago:

'ATS members should be able to post WITHOUT FEAR OF RIDICULE or PRESUMPTION of DISHONESTY!"

I am paraphrasing.

I posted a link to a LEGIT NBC news site that I thought reflected a real sighting.

There was NO story attached when I posted it- just slides and images.

I DID IT trying to SHARE with ATS something that was local to me, and perhaps,
real... I am offended- and discouraged- that I now have to think twice and
vet out fully a NETWORK NEWS STORY before I bring it to your attention.

I am a reader of NBC- not a managing editor- so do not blame be for a bogus story
published by them- or even a misleading headline- as it now appears it certainly was
by them- as thus, me.

This phenomenon of attacking the messenger has to stop, otherwise we will NEVER
have cutting edge news here...

TPM HDF

[edit on 17-11-2007 by HighDefinitionFilms]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
IT DIDN'T FLY. use your brains. it's a big JOKE, the whole story. how in hell do you think it could fly? they just wanted to waste 3 minutes of everyones time for a big laugh

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Uggggggghhhhhhh.......

Last night, I watched this very same segment on TV ( I'm in WCAU's broadcasting area). They were buliding it up as a " Major UFO sighting!" They seemed quite serious and worried, which caught my curiosity. I was getting ready to post whatever the sighting was on ATS, until the segment finally came on. It was about some guy who bought a UFO movie prop for $10,000. Interesting, to an extent, but in the way it was presented, it was just a typical mockery of the UFO subject.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
USE MY BRAIN?

I am starting to dislike the people on this site more and more
for their insensitivity and rudeness...

THANKS FOX MULDER---

Fox confirms what I am saying- THIS STORY WAS HYPED, in print and TV,
and MY POST SIMPLY related that- since they WAS NO STORY BEHIND THE HEADLINE
when I posted.

I do not know if people have self-esteem problems here, or are just arrogant,
because I see more and more people making PERSONAL shots at people
just because something turns out to be a hoax- and not a hoax
created by the messenger (the OP)...

I wish some MOD or THREE AMIGO would come forward and cite the fact
that this is not ideal ATS behavior---- attacking someone trying to break
a story that seems exciting and unique for how it portrayed in the media
prior to examination by the public and/or ATS.

Seriously- I know I am no great loss to this community- but this makes
me want to quit.

TPM HDF

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HighDefinitionFilms

HDF some people (on later posts still to pop up as well) won't bother reading your apology ,as we know we'd rather jump straight to a "WTH Is This!" before reading page 1 alone..Human nature !

Reason why i am replying is to ask ..Please try & get the other video you originally saw at your friend's as that sounds interesting.

Thanks man

*The UFO you thought you were posting happened on the 16th,correct?

[edit on 11/17/2007 by qonone]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
OK, so it's a movie prop. I still have some questions:

* How did the owner get it into his family room? How does he get it out?

* He says it flies, but we don't see it flying, we only see snapshots of it, possibly superimposed on other imagery of the neighborhood. I'd like to see an actual video of this thing in motion - I have some doubts about it being actually functional whatsoever.

* The owner says he "bought it" for $10K. Really? From whom? Can we check with the previous owner? He says it was in movies like Mars Attacks, and MIBII, yet the prop in those films did not appear functional, merely CG-animated. It shouldn't be too hard to confirm with the studios producing those films regarding the functionality of this "IFO".

* The owner says it can fly, but there is no visible propulsion mechanism, no ports, no sign of it having ever left the ground. The owner also says the means of propulsion is "a secret". Big red flag there. "A Secret", eh? Maybe a visit from any number of government "Acronym Agencies" would have this guy change his tune in a hurry. I call bogus on this.

* The neighbor who says he saw it flying over the houses and trees did not sound credible or honest to me whatsoever. My guess is that he's in cahoots with his buddy, the owner down the street, and they have a great laugh over a few beers about how they "fooled" everyone.

* The news people were pathetic. As usual, they give the typical 'curtain of ridicule" set-up, complete with the requisite childish comments and giggling to each other. Then our bubbling blond journalist (is there any other kind these days) proceeds to swallow hook, line, and sinker from "prop-man", determined to give us her "man-in-the-street" perspective. What an insult. And network news channels wonder why viewers are abandoning them in droves. Go figure.

Bottom Line: We've got a couple of clowns trying to have some fun with a plywood and silver spray-paint "flying" saucer that actually doesn't fly at all. It wouldn't surprise me if the owner's wife is furious for him wasting 10,000 dollars on the piece of junk and has threatened to leave him if he doesn't get rid of the thing - she wants him or "it", and preferably both, out of the house, NOW! The guy probably convinced his wife he can "get on the news" and may even be able to make some money with the thing. You know, like charge admission or something to see it. But he has to build up some publicity first.

*yawn* Ok - that's enough.

When you can come up with a video of this guy actually floating this contraption out of his living room give us a shout. In the meantime, if you can reach him, please tell him I have some great swampland in Florida for sale - which is actually a vortex to another dimension! Yeah, that's the ticket Oh - and tell him to bring the saucer...

[edit on 11/17/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Just so all you people on the witch hunt can put your torches down,

this is the ACTUAL NBC headline that made me RUSH a post to ATS:

=-==-=-=-=-=

www.NBC10.com

UFO Flys Through Lehigh County

A UFO is spotted in Lehigh County and it has become the talk of the town in one community.

=-=-=-==-=-=-=

It is STILL there as a HEADLINE, second tab on MAIN PAGE.

This is the LAST MINUTE of my life I am spending on this...

But one last thing:

One of the MODS edited my Headline to include the words "movie prop"...

While that now appears to be totally accurate- I think the issue at hand
is how the media relates these stories- since, when it broke,
NO SUCH MENTION of a movie prop was, well, mentioned.

I am OUT of this nightmare thread.

TPM HDF

[edit on 17-11-2007 by HighDefinitionFilms]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I think people are trying to say is that if you would have watched the video link you posted, you would have known that this news story was about a movie prop and phoney sitings.

IMO, I dont think you should ever post a link (video or article), then talk about it...when you havent even watched or read it.

It leaves people to believe that you either purposely mispresented the topic, or that you didnt follow thru in your research.

So, did you even watch the video before posting about it?

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I think that many focused on the wrong part of this thread/report.

There was a flying saucer seen and photographed over the local neighborhood. The most important item is to get these photos, and any video, and look them over. I am sure that the members on this site will see if there was any photoshopping done.

The report says that no strings, cranes, or anything else was used to keep this flying saucer in the air. Without the photos how could we prove this is true or not? One eye witness and the owner are the only ones who said this happened as stated. Have their been any more witnesses found?

I am going out on a limb here, but what if this is a real flying saucer? How do we know if he really bought it from a collector? These small facts were already mentiond by another member and could be checked out.

This flying saucer was also mentioned as a movie prop. How many times have real aircraft or other vehicles been used as props? I can't name all the movies. I don't look at the word "prop" as being something fake, I see it as being something that fills a need in a movie scene. So why not use a real flying saucer if you have one.

I know that sounds crazy, but this can be easily debunked if the original pics can be sent to someone and posted here for the photo pros to check them out. I got no opinion on this until that info is made public.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I was wrong- I am wasting another minute of my life on this thread...

- In my 5-6 posts here on this thread, I explain everything about why I posted this
and what info was not available when I saw the initial headline, so I am not going to
repeat it all since, as a poster correctly states, people rarely read through the entire thread to get the updates or explanations...

- I am not on trial here, and I am not proving the negative. This is not a PERSONAL EXPERIENCE post with no evidence where I should be expected to make some case...
this is was an objective relating of a major media org source material sparked by a misleading, sensationalistic headline by my local NBC website.

Amazing, the energy some people put in to trying to not simply debunk- which is healthy- but to discredit and, quite cynically, presume a fellow member's motive
as being dishonest and disingenuous in an attempt to perpetrate a hoax.

In my mind, this little stupid incident reminds me if what I really dislike, and perceive as a major weakness, of the conspiracy community (of which I am a member)...

EVERYTHING- even the innocent passing along of material/experiences/information is judged to be ITSELF a conspiracy if there is NOT 100% irrefutable proof of the claim, right away...

Some people here hang 'em first, and then put the corpse on trial second.

Save your cynicism, and venom, for those who truly attempt to fool you or waste your time... i have been a member for YEARS (before this name I had another) and I never tried to instigate or perpetuate a hoax.

As a said, I am not posting to this thread anymore, but if some of those who attacked me and accused me of knowingly passing off something false, you can apologize here publicly and I will reply "thanks, no sweat"... or, by U2U, if you you prefer admitting your mistakes in private.

Dissect the NBC story... not me, please.

TPM/HDF

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
the one that flew, if there was one, had to be a balloon double; probably made of mylar held by transparent plastic string.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

I think people are trying to say is that if you would have watched the video link you posted, you would have known that this news story was about a movie prop and phoney sitings.

IMO, I dont think you should ever post a link (video or article), then talk about it...when you havent even watched or read it.

It leaves people to believe that you either purposely mispresented the topic, or that you didnt follow thru in your research.

So, did you even watch the video before posting about it?

From what I've read it was a case that HDF had viewed a different clip that seemed to be related to the headline from the news site, and in excitement hastily posted a link to what they thought was the correct video.

I also think that while there are a lot of people being pretty rude here, there is also an element of defense HDF is - quite rightly - expressing in reply to some peoples posts.

One of the last posts HDF mentioned was in regards to using our brains. I took the original post to be a reflection on the fact that as we NOW know this is not a real UFO sighting, the interest has changed to "Just how did this guy make it fly!" and was saying we need to use our brains in that "It did NOT fly - it was a joke at our expense." rather than look for an explanation. This I think HDF took personally, but I feel the poster was making a more broad statement to the people querying the validity of the claim.

I think the news broadcasting station in question is pretty slack and stunts like this do absolutely nothing for them, and it shows just how menial and trite the majority of news stations treat this topic.

I don't think HDF meant to cause any problems, and being caught up in the excitement of the story, mixed with the different and seperate footage they had seen earlier, I don't blame them for wanting to post about it as quick as possible.

Something I think they've made clear in a number of posts since..

But you are correct in that a cursory review of the link to make sure it was the same would have averted it all.. No one's going to die from such a mistake however..

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJ Mooch

I am going out on a limb here, but what if this is a real flying saucer?

Well, it was ruled out for me when he stated "A magician never reveals how they do their illusions." (or something to that effect) in response to being asked how it flew.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Thanks very much Bad Wolf!!!

Very kind of you!

HDF-TPM

And thanks to the 3 other people who were understanding about this-
I really do appreciate it.

Bad Wolf-

The funny part of this is the flawed logic- anyone who creates- or communicates
knowingly or perpetuates- a hoax, is, by definition, trying to create an illusion that people "buy into"- that is the rush, the payoff for the hoaxer... This is why "personal experience" hoaxes are so hard to disprove and why they give such pleasure to the hoaxer... by referencing a NEWS SITE with a linked story/photos/video, where is the angle for me if a am hoaxing? Since there is a reference account and evidence at the news site- evidence that it is NOT REAL, as it turns out- what is my upside? None! in fact, I only run the risk of looking plain wrong... for a hoaxer to enjoy their 15 minutes- there must be uncertainty and a slow reveal- SERPO anyone?

As I said- I only read a headline and posted- there was was NO STORY at the time it broke, and the video would not work, which let me seek the video which led me to see the wrong video in the end, and presume it was the one from the story that must just have a broken link.

My point it- no one takes the logic of their witch hunt to the end- the see a wrong story, and they pounce on the messenger- when the irony is that my rush to SHARE this with you ( to keep ATS on the edge of all that is UFO and paranormal ) I am faulted, questioned and accused... now I think it is funny- since people like you have restored my faith in ATS...

There are not many PA news UFO stories... since Kecksburg that is... so darn right-
when I see another, I will post the link right away... only the next time... hmmm, maybe I will confirm all the evidence is related and working, and sign a non-disclosure, limited liability non-compete binding trade secret document prepared by my attorney in Singapore.

Just kidding. This also reminds me of when I would talk about the New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles on Sports sites and talk about my experiences when my Dad owned the Pats and my Uncle was GM of the Eagles... nothing but doubters and haters who thought EVERYONE was lying to them, about everything all the time!

Skepticism is healthy.
Cynicism is not.

They sound alike, not by accident- but please, all of us- retain the childlike sense
of wonder and innocence that makes us look up in the sky and get excited about
what might be out there!

TPM

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Well, most probably OP was making kind of advirtesement (look at his nick). Now, he succeded, now move along all.

[edit on 18-11-2007 by commodore64]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

That video didn't "feel right." I got the sense that the ufo sighting was genuine (other countries have been having increased sightings why shouldnt we?) and the media covered it up with a hokey story designed to create disinfo?

I hate to jump to this conspiracy based conclusion but does any one agree that things didn't add up?

- Motheman -

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This was just stupid.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The dude claimed his prop UFO has an engine but unlike any engine we would know of. The bottom line is that this was a real UFO sighting that has been covered up and laughed off by the media.

How did he fly the thing? There were no cranes, but it is so heavy that ten grown men cant lift it. But according to the eye witness, it was indeed hovering over the trees right outside his home.

Nothing about this seems right at all, but because of the goofy news story it probably never will.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Commodore-

Yeah- man- you busted me!

I posted a UFO story here on ATS after being a member for over 2 years
and posting over a 100 times just so I can advertise a film I made on video
about a LOCAL Philadelphia football team- a local HIGH SCHOOL football team.

My genius plan worked... I just sold 1,000,000 copies on Amazon
since this thread was opened...

Ever thought about crime scene investigation, Columbo?

This is another great example of how ATS has degenerated into a an arena
for mud cyber-slinging...

There is always an angle, an ulterior motive, a dishonest motivation---
no one simply wants to share and add to a like-minded community- right?

Well, I still believe there may be hope for genuine ATSers...

but not me- I have been judged UNWORTHY!

T. Patrick

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
im 30 min from allentown, it was a movie prop that a guy bought headlined my morning paper

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join