It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana, Opened Awareness & Damage To Aura

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
People have told me Marijuana increases your spiritual awareness and to think about things in a different way which is a good thing but they also say it causes holes in one's aura, thus letting in negative energy/entities and sometimes causing schizophrenia or increased mental illness in some people. Can someone give me more information on the increased awareness factor and damage to aura factors please?? Also, does alcohol cause damage to one's aura??

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Awareness, sure. There are many intoxicants in many cultures that provide for that. There are even designated people whose job is to do ingest them to get into other states of consciousness and report back to the leadership with their altered awareness, it's that important.

Auras, I'm not so sure. I'll ask a self-professed expert who is anti-marijuana, tomorrow. I never perceived an aura as a "damagable" physical structure, surely it's an energy field that ebbs and flows.

Wonder how this topic came to be of interest!

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
BTW your credibility as a crow eater of accuracy is at risk until you change that "b" in your profile to an "h".

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
what do you mean b to an h? what're u talking about?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Ok i got it now, wow that was hard to spot!! It blended in well.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
See, awareness can be enhanced in total sobriety too. I hope there are more takers for these topics of yours. Have you read or listened to much on shamanism?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugeshotcha
People have told me Marijuana increases your spiritual awareness and to think about things in a different way which is a good thing but they also say it causes holes in one's aura, thus letting in negative energy/entities and sometimes causing schizophrenia or increased mental illness in some people.

Pot makes people nuts??? That is a new one to me. I would question the people that gave you such information. And I have never known anyone who gained any sort of spiritual awareness from it either. Are you sure you aren't getting the effects mixed up with lsd?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Originally posted by sugeshotcha
People have told me Marijuana increases your spiritual awareness and to think about things in a different way which is a good thing but they also say it causes holes in one's aura, thus letting in negative energy/entities and sometimes causing schizophrenia or increased mental illness in some people.

Pot makes people nuts??? That is a new one to me. I would question the people that gave you such information. And I have never known anyone who gained any sort of spiritual awareness from it either. Are you sure you aren't getting the effects mixed up with lsd?

I believe ecstacy, mushrooms, and lsd gains more spiritual awareness than marijuana.
I believe marijuana clouds your brain, and makes you paranoid.

I know many people who have become paranoid and negative thinkers from marijuana, but I also know people who are like that from chemical drugs, and also know people who aren't. I guess it depends on the person.

I haven't heard anything about damaging aura, but I believe something happens.

i know this doesnt help you but I felt inclinded to respond.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I know many people who have become paranoid and negative thinkers from marijuana, but I also know people who are like that from chemical drugs, and also know people who aren't. I guess it depends on the person.

The impression that I get is that people's personalities don't really change from taking drugs; they just become more extreme with the way that they already are. Thus doppie people smoking pot become more doppie and unbalanced people become more unbalanced.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
So do "spiritually aware" people become more "spiritually aware"?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Nothing to do with drugs or marijuana, but it's possible for spiritual awareness to progress too fast making a person disoriented & unpleasant.

You can only hope this is a temporary effect that will normalize in time & you'd know better next time to progress in smaller increments. This is from personal experience.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Thank you for the advice which appears very sound, Questor.

So now to add....

Do "spiritually aware" people who may also be disoriented and unpleasant become more disoriented and unpleasant as they become more "spiritually aware" in experimentation?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
So do "spiritually aware" people become more "spiritually aware"?

I would not put it that way. I would say that sensitive people become more sensitive or that people who think creativily........people that are more inclined to search out and investigate spirituality.......

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
[Quote: See, awareness can be enhanced in total sobriety too. I hope there are more takers for these topics of yours. Have you read or listened to much on shamanism? ]

Reply: I've heard that shamans are very spiritual people and were south american indian/spanish people and used halucinogenic drugs to gain spiritual awareness. And used bongo drums to go into a shamanic trance.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i believe that alcohol and sometimes marijuana can makes me less sensitive to paramormal or spiritual phenomonon and conditions.

i believe that lsd makes much more sensitive, intuned and aware.

every drug can effects each person different individually, although many people can share the same experiences with the same substance.

top topics

join