It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western religion has killed more people than cancer.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Columbus,

Yes, I saw your post on the other thread where you expect to get banned. Not smart..but that is your buisness..once again no problem here with me on this. Either way I am not real impressed nor boasting on it. Not worth my time.

That you are outnumbered is also not my concern. As I stated Bon Appetit.

What I know of Christians is that they are a minority in this world..always have been and always will be. I dont need to be respecting your pressure..nor you mine. Once again I have no problem with this.

I try to be civil with others in posting on ATS/BTS even in disagreement.
I am surmising by your martyrdom that you have problems with this basic concept of civility.

I don't hold you personally responsible, but as long as you stand on that side, you are as guilty as they are. Everyone you have helped convert, it will be a stain on your conscience if or when you get as far as I have. And I'd like to see you make that progress.

This quote is political doublespeak. Must be public education here. I think even simple minded Christians can see this fingerprint. Dont worry..I am not intrested in drama over this but merely point out this contrast.

As to courage...It is not per se needed here by Believers. Salt will do just fine.

Other Athiest dont seem your type...ok!! I must admit that you have caught me a bit short here. But I wont concern myself much with this.

Holier-than-thou is for Christians.

Sorry Columbus...but holier than thou does not work for me. Only One is Holy. It is not me.
I am thinking here that you are accustomed to dealing with Christians still on milk.

I am glad you are running a company. I wont be around much either. That pressure of time thing you mentioned. 12+ hour days coming up soon.

Concerning your logic and reason in your last post:

The people I'm talking to aren't receptive to it, but it works fine for me. It's given me a foundation of bedrock, and them a foundation of sand.

Is this similar to saying ...you choose...you save by your choosing....make yourself acceptable,.. you create your own bedrock?? Like ...everyone else gets tailings...you get the choicest morsels?? I am curious here??

I don't feel the criticism of what I'm doing is fair and calling it bullying is wrong.

You cannot possibly believe in this statement ..by logic and reason....reality...as you use the term so often.
I dont see anywhere in the Word.that says this world is Fair. Nor from Secular sources . What logic and reason are you using?
This is the same kind of nonsense/placebo you are attempting to use concerning Adam and Eve..and the Serpent. I am a bit taken back here by your lack of logic and reason. Goodness me..I am wondering now if you ...yourself are still on milk. Fair....wow!! Where from did that come??
Check your bedrock here.

I think as far as the Mods go..you might want to substitute your concept of "Fair" with Civil. I will grant you that I may be speaking outside my area of expertise here...as I am not a Mod. But once again..it seems as if you need to check your bedrock. However, that is up to you. How does that go?? "By thier fruit you will know them." I think the Mods know this too. Probably better than I.

Gotta go Columbus..work to do around here
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

MM - This was my first post on this thread to Supervoman

"Supervoman -

i will not be like other christians that will tell you how wrong your thought is, or condemn you for speaking the truth.

You Are Right!

The land in the middle east; people are dying over. A deserted land, a waste land with little profit for its people because it no longer yields fruit. And this for the sake of holding the "holy land". Because of perspective of where Love was born, people are fighting over it, instead of taking the teachings and understanding and actually implementing it in their own life. i know many, many christians who devote their every Sunday to church, and yet will not stop for a neighbor in need, yet will not sacrifice any little portion of their own life and comfort for another. They would rather let them sit and die, stating it is out of their hands; they are incapable and call on God to do Everything. Many have died for the sake of "religion". And, quite literally it is not right, it is rather insane!

But, that it isn't because of His message, it is because of *people*, and their lack or desire to want to hear the truth, to learn of the truth, to live the truth; to actually put forth the effort required to become a better person. People don't want to overcome the issue, because if they truly did, the world would already have changed.

You've brought up the issue. Quite well as matter of fact. Thank you. But my question is this:

Are you going to stand in judgement and point fingers and blame everyone around you while name calling and throwing slander hither to? or are you going to get on board and help change the world? Because right now, you look like just another "christian" to me...

You are right. So, what are you going to do about it?

Love Always"

you speak in general terms that are not true. All theists are not throwing scripture in the face of opposition. Rather, many of us are using logical and practical reasoning. You just don't want to hear it!

In the above quoted post the most applicable writing of it for you is:

"Are you going to stand in judgement and point fingers and blame everyone around you while name calling and throwing slander hither to? or are you going to get on board and help change the world? Because right now, you look like just another "christian" to me..."

You do. You look exactly like that which you judge, because instead of working in a peaceable nature, you want to blame christians for everything.

Keep slinging the mud if you want mud.

Oops, i think you have some on your nose! Would you like me to wipe it off for you in truce?

love always

p.s. Oh.. And I am A Christian... You are going to have to get past that one if you want the world you speak of.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

"Gotta go Columbus..work to do around here"

Tom,

Have a great day! i hope you get much accomplished!

Me too. Much work to do. My husband told me last night in the way of packing, 'just decide upon things that are of the most priority to be shipped.' I love how logical he is!

So, Good Day, And Good thoughts to you!

love always

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by superevoman

Western religion has killed more people than cancer

And you know this because you have a tally of cancer deaths and all the deaths from western religion. I doubt that anyone has a real grasp of the magnitude of either category. This is a great thread title if you're just wanting to start a flame war, but those of us who are looking for factual discussions should probably give up finding them in this thread. It's all just about "my opinion on religion".

Your initial statement is not only unproveable, you make no attempt to prove it in the first place.
:shk:

[edit on 28-12-2007 by dbates]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelsannie

Ok... i understand.

But if you edit me, please start editing Columbus as well, seeing that he is the entire issue that there is such dismay among the this thread. He has been overly insulting, a bully, and has quite literally shown that through mocking he only understands. Does he not deserve what he gives???

Tired of it, thoroughly. Ask him to mind his manners and play nice as well...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by superevoman
Western(and mid-eastern) religion has killed more people than cancer. yet millions are deeply religious. Why?

Why? Because the real message is about the enacting and practicing of Love by all mankind without remiss. By doing so, you fullfill all of the laws putforth by God and in doing so, create a world of unity for all mankind.

Peace

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by roger_pearse

Oh MY God your post was priceless, thanks ...............

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by superevoman
you all have good points, maby i should have done some more extemsive research. i accept defeat on this point, though i do not leave empty handed. this post was more of a "knowledge fishing" type of endevour. so, another question: why do people feel the need to kill in the name of religion, BUT with out religion, people seem to go crazy( communist Russia and China). why the love hate relation ship?

We humans don't need an excuse to war with one another, we will always find something to fight about.

It's the nature of the beast, born instinct.

I do think I see us making some headway at times, then we seem to slip back into the same old patterns.

Cain and Abel

Genesis 4:9-16

Then the Lord said to Cain, “Where is your brother Abel?” “I don’t know,” he replied. “Am I my brother’s guardian?” Then He said,

“What have you done?

[edit on 063131p://bSunday2007 by Stormdancer777]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join