It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joy,and peace!Godspeed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
hello all.
This is my very first post, and I'm very excited.Everyone here can probably agree that the world as we know it is going to hell in a hand basket and most of us will witness this firsthand.I honestly believe that our lives on this earth as we know it will end very soon.Not the earth, but us as a people.Time is running out.
The only thing that can save the people of earth is Christ.He promised that he would return,and I feel that time is soon.Everything just adds up.Wars,rumors of wars.floods, fire,earthquakes,Sings in the heavens.Man does not have god in his heart.Man is more concerned with man than he is with god.
any comments?
PS. Happy b-day 74 Larry King.(lol)

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I don't really trust characters from fiction books to come back and save all of mankind . . . but yeah, human-kind will either make it through the next two (ish) centuries and survive indefinitely, or we will stumble within that time and become extinct, or near enough to it. I don't think there's any ground between these two possibilities.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Thank you for your reply. hello, nice to meet you.
The fact that you say that Christ is a character from a fiction book leads me to believe that you are very uneducated in the subjects of history and religion.Perhaps maybe you should reply to posts on the topics of math(how many points you can rack up here on ats) or ufos (something nobody really knows anything about).Never less,thank for your reply

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
First, howdy and welcome to ATS.

Here is how I see your first post.

Agenda, agenda, agenda.

Originally posted by meanstoanend

He promised that he would return,and I feel that time is soon.

Peeps been saying this since His death.
Hasn't happened.

I do have great respect for your faith,
though.

Everything just adds up.Wars,rumors of wars.floods, fire,earthquakes,Sings in the heavens.Man does not have god in his heart.Man is more concerned with man than he is with god.
any comments?

Comments...hmmm...

Dave Koresh springs to mind...

Heaven's Gate ring any bells ?

Anyway,
Enjoy your stay at ATS.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Lex is it ?
You say your a writer.What have you written?Tell me this.What is the best all time selling book to date?
Surly you being a writer, you could agree that the bible is unmatched by any other book throughout history.
Thank you for your warm and friendly greeting.Shalom.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Well, sarcasm is duly noted
and appreciated.

I've read the Bible.
The Koran.
The Torah.
The Book of Morman.
That Satanic Bible.

All have one under-lying theme.

Don't harm others.

I honestly believe they are all
telling night-night stories to adults.

Just my belief.

Trust me, I respect your beliefs.

Hopefully, we'll have some meaningful
discussions, in the future.

Again, welcome.

Lex

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Thank you for your honesty.Quote(I honestly believe they are all
telling night-night stories to adults).Sleep tight.
P.S. do you celebrate Christmas?

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Why Do i have a feeling you've posted on this site before?

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This is my first.
By the way nice avatar.havent i seen that before somewhere?
Must have cost a cool penny.
Your reply is much welcomed.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I celebrate no holidays.

Personal choice.

Lex

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
All work and no play huh?
You must take a day off every once and awhile for a certain cause.
You must be very bland.Let me guess, you probably write about tax law or something on that line.(lol)

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
All work, no play ?

Lexion

Enjoy.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
When I read the title of the thread, I was expecting a thread about being positive, good will to all men etc, not more doom and gloom. Being a Buddhist, I don't believe in a benevolent interventionist God, so why do I need God. I do however believe in a universal consciousness that resides within all of us and it's definitely not the judgmental, negative God that's mentioned in the bible.

Self belief and the power within:

Life is like a canvas and as artists, what we paint then manifests itself as our reality. It therefore stands to reason that if all you believe in is doom and gloom and cataclysmic scenarios, then that's exactly what you're going to get. Obviously life isn't so easy, but things only get better when you start to think positive!

Everything you said about the curent state of this world couldn't be further from the truth. It's truly a beautiful world out there, full of beauty and admiration, but if all you do is concentrate on the negative things in life, then that's all you'll find.

www.findingjoymovie.com...FINDING JOY MOVIE

[edit on 16-11-2008 by kindred]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hi meanstoanend, and welcome to ATS. There are two things that I, personally, never discuss here.....religion and politics. But I would like to invite you to stop by BTS sometime if you need to relax and chit-chat. It's a great place to get to know the other members.

Rush

[edit on 16-11-2008 by hsur2112]

top topics

join